Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
at this time I am playing Illvelo (Illmatic Envelope) for the Naomi System. Actually I don´t have a clue if this game is good or bad, if it makes sense to play or not. Does anyone have any opinion about this game ?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Been cracking out on KOF98 and Garou for the past week, went back to Blazing Star for the first time in a while. Played through on 10 credits using the Pulstar ship, first time trying it. I think I could get my run down a couple credits using that ship though, seemed pretty powerful being able to block bullets. Still the same issue as always, first 3-4 levels I can destroy but after that I start bleeding credits.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Popped in Strikers 1945 after reading the psikyo thread. Yup, stages 7+8 still wreck me.

Also reminded myself how much I don’t care for Muchi Pork after a couple days of playing. Made up for it with some DOJ to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Popped in Strikers 1945 after reading the psikyo thread. Yup, stages 7+8 still wreck me.

Also reminded myself how much I don’t care for Muchi Pork after a couple days of playing. Made up for it with some DOJ to get the bad taste out of my mouth.
Is that with 1cc?i give myself 5 and have only made it to stage 7 before I am obliterated.

Chempop

Yeah 1 credit. I don’t know why these games hose me so badly, I should be able to 1ALL them no problem. :mr_t:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Starting Bullet Soul Infinite Burst today!

More Battle Bakraid... fucking love this game :D

What's the best way for me to try this out, it looks awesome! Were there any console ports?

Last edited:

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Been playing ESP Ra.De.

Getting fairly good at it, ever so slowly inching my way towards my first shmup 1cc.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I
Am
Tired
Of
Fighting
The
Last
Boss
In
Espgaluda
Fuck
This
Game

I feel you brotha.

Haha. It took me years to clear Espgaluda. Cave's "easiest". I don't know…

EDIT: The Right to Censor!

Last edited:

Chempop

Panda doesn’t like knowing how to beat games before figuring it out on his own.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Been playing Parodius Da! and R-Type lately, as they are the only shmups I have for the recently repaired 68000

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've been practicing the last form on mame and have zero issue. The fight lasts all of 20 seconds. On the PCB it's like a full minute and the life goes down slower. I have no idea what is going on.

Chempop

The eye barely takes damage when you are in Kakusei mode, stay in regular. Also, don’t refill it’s life with shield barrier laser.

Chempop

First day playing Batrider in about 5 years. I’m rusty but got a Normal Course 1CC with Psychic Team.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Starting Bullet Soul Infinite Burst today!

What's the best way for me to try this out, it looks awesome! Were there any console ports?

MAME or pcb only I'm afraid.

Also playing Armed Police Batrider.... I really cannot get into this at all... :oh_no: