Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Hell yeah, I still got RX's DOJ, I should play it, my favotite DDP after Donpachi.
icon14.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm kinda bummed 'cause I tried going for a triple slam at the shumps. Pink Sweets, DFK and Mushisama but no cigar, guy ignored my first PM about doing all 3 and then I was about to get DFK, the dude backed out 'cause another guy bought other stuff from him and he wanted to give him first dibs. Sucks!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm kinda bummed 'cause I tried going for a triple slam at the shumps. Pink Sweets, DFK and Mushisama but no cigar, guy ignored my first PM about doing all 3 and then I was about to get DFK, the dude backed out 'cause another guy bought other stuff from him and he wanted to give him first dibs. Sucks!

I'm pretty sure if I had Pink Sweets I would snap the board in half. That and Ibara piss me off to no end.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Send it to me before you do that and I'll send you back Ibara, you can snap that fuck in half!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Darn, unfortunate you missed those, but there will always be others. Personally I wouldn't bother with Pink Sweets unless I was sure it was infinite lives version. You can trigger it on stage 3 or 4 and then the entire second half of the game becomes a victory parade.

I'm playing Garegga (saturn port) again. Going for a Miyamoto letter score or clear, currently at 8.6 mil which is not my personal best with him.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hear you man, there's always more but the 3 I'm missing would have filled that void nicely, actually I'm also missing a couple others but hey, I can still play everything except for Kuro, arrange PS2 comes close but no cigar. The heads up was a cool gesture, I really appreciate it.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Personally I wouldn't bother with Pink Sweets unless I was sure it was infinite lives version. You can trigger it on stage 3 or 4 and then the entire second half of the game becomes a victory parade.

Didn't they patch that up in a later revision only to put it back in again in the one after that ?
I have the first version with the infinite lives .

Does anyone know that guy on shmups, is he a reg on other forums ?
Member since just a couple of weeks dumps tons of high dollar games with zero feedback, people throw money without hesitation though .

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
They won't sell to some proxies, so rancor or another JP based member would be a good option.

I've purchased from Starpine via Rinkya in the past, so they will deal with them... if that's of any help.

Chempop

360 is back in a cab so I'm going after the MuchiMuchiPork 1.0 1ALL and then DOJ-WL 1ALL before taking down SDOJ and Guwange once and for all. Then all that will remain for CAVE clears will be Progear and Pink Sweets and those pesky 2ALLs and TLBs :make_fac:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Zero Gunner 2 on DC

one of my favorite DC shmups, right up there with radilgy and karous.

i'm still pounding away at esprade, it's beating me, but i'm getting there

Chempop

i'm still pounding away at esprade, it's beating me, but i'm getting there

I used JB-5th, his spread helped a lot with the clones at the end. Did you get Daioh's bomb buttons working?

...right up there with radilgy and karous.

Say it ain't so. :scratch:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I used JB-5th, his spread helped a lot with the clones at the end. Did you get Daioh's bomb buttons working?
yeah, that's who i'm running with, although i do occasionally change it up to little girl power :P

and i'm playing on a blast city, so i think i'd need a new harness, though if i wanted, i'm sure i could just run the cable up through the panel directly

Say it ain't so. :scratch:

why?

Chempop

Doesn't make any sense to make an extra button harness that connects to the I/O, just run the one you have directly to the buttons. Those 3 types of bombs are going to be pretty useful ;)

Just not a Milestone fan, power to you if you find them playable.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Doesn't make any sense to make an extra button harness that connects to the I/O, just run the one you have directly to the buttons. Those 3 types of bombs are going to be pretty useful ;)

Just not a Milestone fan, power to you if you find them playable.

yeah, i'm sure they will be :P

what don't you like for milestone?
i never was a big fan of chaos field...

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Chaos Field is the only Milestone game I really like. And even that took several hours to sink in.

The others are decent if I'm pushing the multiplier limits and trying to quick-recharge bombs while parking on top of a big pile of death. They're kind of like running on the edge of a canyon when played that way. But yeah, not really my cup of tea.

Watch this Karous replay and tell me it's a good game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsJJGxXDO9M

I would argue the most damaging part of that video is not what the player does (since this is a non-scoring play), but rather how it lets you fully watch the enemy attack patterns. Every stage is the same set of enemies, flying in the same formation, shooting the same bullet pattern. Over and over and over. The lack of effort is astonishing.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Looks like it didn't even matter if the joystick is there or not. XD

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Was on a bit of a shmup trip today.

PS2:
Espgaluda, Dragon Blaze and Thunder Force VI.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Gradius III on snes. Super slowdown actually helps a lot.

I've pretty much figured the charge shot is the best weapon, as I can take out the first boss in 3 shots.

But I haven't watched any replays so I'm up for advice.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Gradius III on snes. Super slowdown actually helps a lot.

I've pretty much figured the charge shot is the best weapon, as I can take out the first boss in 3 shots.

But I haven't watched any replays so I'm up for advice.

I never use the E laser. Always double shot through the whole game. Go in the options menu and highlight the difficulty and start pressing A till it changes to arcade. Game plays better like that.