Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
68k said:
Just got Espgaluda for the PS2 and this game is great!

Galuda is seriously such an amazing game. I can only imagine what part 2 is like.

I really need to calm down in that game and use my gems (or whatever you call the green emeralds) for large multipliers. I have a tendency to switch to fast/too early and not milk the enemies properly. I've hit the 13mil mark in it playing that way though....4th stage boss.

BIG

sony fanboy
dubdubdub said:
Galuda is seriously such an amazing game. I can only imagine what part 2 is like.

I really need to calm down in that game and use my gems (or whatever you call the green emeralds) for large multipliers. I have a tendency to switch to fast/too early and not milk the enemies properly. I've hit the 13mil mark in it playing that way though....4th stage boss.

Galuda 2 is pure eye candy,not very much substance.

Good shmup,nonetheless.

B-

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
BIG said:
Galuda 2 is pure eye candy,not very much substance.

Good shmup,nonetheless.

B-

I'm curious though, how does it compare directly to part 1?

You can answer with a < or > if you want :lolz:

BIG

sony fanboy
dubdubdub said:

It's pretty much the same game w/better graphics and one extra chara.

Truthfully,I think Galuda > Galuda 2.

On-topic,I'm currently occupied with Zanac x Zanac and Xexex on PSP.

B-

Last edited:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
dubdubdub said:

2 > 1

The game is just so much more intense and a lot harder too. Save up around $650, its worth it. I can't explain it very well, but there are two modes when you're trying to "milk" the enemies: the first mode is when tap you the "B" button, and the second mode is when you hold the "B" button. The latter will spawn even more bullets even after destroying the enemy! Just watch a couple of videos here.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
BIG said:
pffft, might as well nab Ketsui for $650.

B-

Yeah, that game is also good. Good luck finding someone who is willing to sell it! :annoyed:

BIG

sony fanboy
Piratero said:
Yeah, that game is also good. Good luck finding someone who is willing to sell it! :annoyed:

Yeah,that board has definitely shot up in price.

I remember the first one I bought only cost me $175..lol

B-

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I just borrowed R-Type Final from work... It's pretty cool and it appears to be easy, yet I keep getting pwned in human mode, maybe I should stop using gimped ships... :/

I think I'm just going to buy it since it's only like $10...

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
roker said:
Lords of Thunder

Trigger Heart Exelica
I just got THE. First new shooter in roughly forever. Good times, and I suck balls at it, so I won't be mastering this anytime in the foreseeable future.

Great to see Warashi back at it.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
jro said:
I just got THE. First new shooter in roughly forever. Good times, and I suck balls at it, so I won't be mastering this anytime in the foreseeable future.

Great to see Warashi back at it.

heh, i've been wanting to try that game.

Espgaluda and DDP3 are still handing it to me. I'm trying to beat them each on one continue.....HAH!

BIG

sony fanboy
68k said:

Espgaluda and DDP3 are still handing it to me. I'm trying to beat them each on one continue.....HAH!

Good luck with that,lol.

PS - Don't watch any of the Superplay stuff. It ruins all the fun!

B-

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
DonPachi
DoDonPachi
DoDoDonPachi
DoDoDoPaDoPachiDonPa

:emb:
actually: DP, DDP, Progear, Ray Crisis and Aero Fighters 3. :buttrock:

Looked at a few Judgement Silversword vids, looks bloody stellar. I must own it.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Been playing, Striker 1945 Plus alot lately. If you consider metal slug a shooter then i've been playing those alot lately as well.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
68k said:

That's 2 crediting man. Gotta do it on 1!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
68k said:

Galuda isn't too difficult, but if you are looking to 1CC Daioujou, I wish you luck.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
over the weekend it was:

Radigy
Boarder Down
Zero Gunner 2
Shikigami 2

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Last Hope and Trigger Heart (both DC) arrived today. TH is kinda nice but looks unfished... that catch-and-throw thingy is a bit weird IMO, and what about those silly sound/explosion effects? Anyway, nice gameplay, will have to invest some more time into it.

And Last Hope... hmmmmmm... ...yet another R-Type clone that would have rocked my world in 1991 but now feels out of place. The cart may be some sort of investment and a nice collectible but even tho the game looks decent-to-good and has a nice soundtrack, gameplay is very generic and difficulty level is up there with lots of cheap deaths thanks to shrapnel/mini bullets and of course pixel-exact collision detection.

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
M.U.S.H.A. and more Espgaluda

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Finally got Espgaluda again after nearly a year of absence, and I got my ass raped. I barely got to stage 3 :(

Oh well, any Espgaluda is better than no Espgaluda. My monitor mount should come sometime this week so I can enjoy Espgaluda in TATE screen :cool:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
My UNsquadron board came in today. I only had about 5 minutes to play, but it seems decent enough for a game made in the late 80s.

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
JSS on my swancrystal for several weeks now.

i'm near the bottom of the HS thread still. . :emb: