Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
how'd you like the docking sequence at the end? scared the crap out of me the first time ;)

:lolz:
Spoiler:
Well the surprise boss made me shit a brick since I put the controller down once the "yay you beat the game" music started playing.

When the dock came out I kind of figured that's what it was, but I won't lie - I shot it a few times just to make sure.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I miss my musha like a mofo.

Elinor went to a good home tho. ;^)

Tonight I'm in the mood for ZedBlade. The music. Man, the music!

Last edited:

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
I just picked up a PCB by SNK called "Legend of Air Cavalry" for cheap. Never heard of it before. It's pretty fun though. Anyone else played it?

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I miss my musha like a mofo.

Elinor went to a good home tho. ;^)

Tonight I'm in the mood for ZedBlade. The music. Man, the music!

Manabu Namiki did the music for it. That's why it's so good.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Currently playing Change Air Blade by Sammy!

2/3/12: Now playing Dive On for the X68k. Sadly though I'm a lamer and playing it through an emulator. Regardless it's a great game.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
DDP: DFK 1.5 and really confused. I'm playing Arcade Mode but I keep autobombing. Is that supposed to happen? Is the game supposed to be super easy?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
DDP: DFK 1.5 and really confused. I'm playing Arcade Mode but I keep autobombing. Is that supposed to happen? Is the game supposed to be super easy?

1.5 has auto bomb permanently, it might be fixed with the 1.51 dlc, but i know that black label gives you the option

fake

15 Year Member
1.5 has auto bomb permanently, it might be fixed with the 1.51 dlc, but i know that black label gives you the option

Thanks. Glad I have the DLC card. Is the consensus that this is a pretty easy game? So far it seems easier than Deathsmiles. I had to quit out of the game rather than use up my credit so that I wouldn't 1CC it on the day I opened it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
yea black label really turns up the heat, 2nd loop on 1.5 is pretty beefy too

fake

15 Year Member
yea black label really turns up the heat, 2nd loop on 1.5 is pretty beefy too

OK, thanks for the info. Hopefully I have to work at least a little bit for the 1CC.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Thanks. Glad I have the DLC card. Is the consensus that this is a pretty easy game? So far it seems easier than Deathsmiles. I had to quit out of the game rather than use up my credit so that I wouldn't 1CC it on the day I opened it.

Play it on Power Mode...

fake

15 Year Member
Play it on Power Mode...

Yeah, I love Power Mode - being able to load up the hyper bar while still in hyper mode is awesome. Just missed the 1.5K chain achievement...

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I hate Power mode, worst idea ever. Having 4 speeds for movement is just argh for me, looks like they are doing away with Power Mode for SDOJ though.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Just got ESP Ra. de. for the first time. I'll tell you what - this game is brilliant. You can tell this was one of Cave's first attempts at a complex scoring system, but it works, it works very well.

I never really got into it on MAME, but after spending a few days with it, I think I'll have it cleared soon if I stay on it.

Made it to the last level tonight, 8m - really counting on the end game bonuses for score.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's Aero Fighters weekend at my house. 1, 2, & 3. Love the ending of the 1st Keaton loop on AF1. Won't spoil it, but really cool.

fake

15 Year Member
Got to the second mini boss on the last level of DFK. My eyeballs are bleedy.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just got ESP Ra. de. for the first time. I'll tell you what - this game is brilliant. You can tell this was one of Cave's first attempts at a complex scoring system, but it works, it works very well.

I never really got into it on MAME, but after spending a few days with it, I think I'll have it cleared soon if I stay on it.

Made it to the last level tonight, 8m - really counting on the end game bonuses for score.

This was my MAME rom to go to on a daily basis for a while way back on the romz hunting days when KOF 2001 came out fresh of the dump.

Good times. I should get a hold of the PCB one of these days.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I too like to fling poo at my enemy's before I shoot them for score .

Played some Ra.De on Mame just because of this topic , couldn't be arsed to connect my PCB just yet but will now later this week .

Kiken

Camel Slug

Unfortunately the scoring system is incredibly broken. Cave were well aware of it too, they just didn't think that anybody would bother exploiting it.. which of course, the top players did.

As for me, I've been playing Mushi Futari ver 1.5 Maniac Mode heavily again. Managed to nail 414 million last night with Ab Parm... going to see if I can break 500 million.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Unfortunately the scoring system is incredibly broken. Cave were well aware of it too, they just didn't think that anybody would bother exploiting it.. which of course, the top players did.

As for me, I've been playing Mushi Futari ver 1.5 Maniac Mode heavily again. Managed to nail 414 million last night with Ab Parm... going to see if I can break 500 million.

Hey Mister.The other day i sat back and watch your replay of Radiant Silvergun. honestly, are you human? What an amazing view. Learned a lot, specially since i'm new to the game.Great job :)

Last edited: