Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
DFK on power mode is a total different ride. Strong is for pussies!

Ok fine, strong is great but you know it feels like training wheels.

Last edited:

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Got DoDonPachi Ressurrection for xbox 360, so I've been playing that a little on Novice. 1cc'ed it on my first try with 2 lives in stock. Time to step it up to the real difficulty.

man9child

Rugal's Thug
I'm not big on DFK, but in addition to moving up off novice, the game plays very different pending on what style you pick as well.

Still playing Ketsui. Pretty much has been my one and only for the past year now.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
i have yet to open my ketsui for 360, heck i may end up getting the PCB before i ever get around to it lol

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been on an old school kick lately so I've been playing some PC Engine stuff.

Lords of Thunder
Gate of Thunder
Blazing Lazers
And the soldier series.

I've been playing all these on the wii virtual console but my pal has a Turbo Duo and we've been playing some

Super Star Soldier
Gate of Thunder
Blazing Lazers
Among some other non-shumpy games.

Just to not astray completely from current gen, I've been playing Otomedius, both of them. I like both games regardless what people say.

Happy holidays everyone!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I've been on an old school kick lately so I've been playing some PC Engine stuff.

Lords of Thunder
Gate of Thunder
Blazing Lazers
And the soldier series.

I've been playing all these on the wii virtual console but my pal has a Turbo Duo and we've been playing some

Super Star Soldier
Gate of Thunder
Blazing Lazers
Among some other non-shumpy games.

Just to not astray completely from current gen, I've been playing Otomedius, both of them. I like both games regardless what people say.

Happy holidays everyone!

These are all so rad. Like the Summer recommended reading list of ol' STGs. Missing DownLoad2, however. ;^)

No T's Music themed shootie session complete w/out it!

I'm taking a break from console STGs while my stick is for sale. Just been goofing around w/ Bug Princess on iOS. Really good port...especially for a phone.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cool, iPhone shooters are really good, specially the cave ones. There are other really good shooters, specially Super Laser, really old school with wonderful 2D pseudo 3D art, you should check it out if you haven't yet, demo is available and if you like the cave games then set the control to relative, it will feels sorta like cave touch control speaking. It plays very well though. Man, I didn't know that was already out, thanks for the heads up.

On the iPhone ad far as shooters goes I wanna try those PCE ports, I downloaded the demo and it feels pretty good but it's hard to tell with the available game. Have you tried that yet?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The trial game varies day by day...I keep meaning to boot up the TG16 app more often, to try & catch Raiden or some other shooter on it. You are right; the free TrackMeet game is hard to gauge the app by.

Thx for the recommendation- I hadn't tried Super Laser yet.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Soldier Blade was on that day as the demo, it plays very well, there's a special controlling scheme for vert shooters, it works really nice and I got the game afterwards. I'm just gonna keep playing the games as they come out and decide wether they're good to buy or not. I played Bomberman '94 today and it didn't control very well, too bad :(

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Got the last boss in jp Deathsmiles down to 1/2

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
That boss is a beast, took me 3 weeks to one cred that game, loved it GL with it fake :D

Thanks! I 1CC'd the US version in 360 mode, so this one's a little easier since there's more slowdown. I should be able to 1CC this one in a week or two hopefully. My reward will be finally opening my copy of DFK.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Trying to 1CC Galuda for a fifth time so my scoreboard is full of ALL-clears. Finally broke 30mil, but I know I can hit 40 if I put everything together in a single run.

Definitely less frustrating than ESPG2, the only time I cleared that was some kind of miracle.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
How is Bee Storm? I'm waiting for the crap port of Donpachi (Saturn) to arrive in the mail, strangely enough I've never played it, even on Mame.

Got my 5th Galuda 1CC today :)
Scoreboards is full of All, quite a satisfying sight lol.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Bee Storm got tons of shit from CAVE fans for being called DoDonpachi 2 but not developed by CAVE but I personally think it's pretty cool .
It's weird to start the first level with Hibachi , the score doesn't reset when you continue which is plain stupid and you get no bomb multiplier to up your score so bomb at will .
On the positive side the graphics , sound and bosses are all great , the game is still pretty hard and I like how your combo is not lost when you miss the chain but decreases rapidly until you pick it up again which is more forgiving .

Worst Pachi ? , sure but still a awesome game !

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Bee Storm is great, not the best Donpachi by any means but if cave considers it a sequel then a seuqel it is. Proof enough in DOJ which shows as episode 4 in the end stage screens, all cave whores must bow taiwan now!

Been playing
Bug Princess iPhone
Strikers 1999 PCB
1943 Battle for Midway NES

jon713

Camel Slug
Trying to get more into the non-fighters on the Neo, so I started playing Sonic Wings 3, really fun so far.

Just sold my multi-cart, which had the game but purchased the original from a member here, should get it soon.

Kick ass sig ElectricGrave!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks man, same to you!

Aero Fighters 3 is great, I really dig it but I like Aero Fighters 2 even more. When you have some time you should give it a try, it's also cheaper!

Here's some great casual shooting titles for the Neo, nothing obscene hard like Pulstar mind you.

Blazingstar
Strikers 1945+
Last Resort
Ninja Commando
Prehistoric Isle 2
Twinkle Star Sprites (1/2 a shump)

There are more shooters but for the most part they're either balls hard or just not that great.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
aero fighters 3 second loop is insane, but funny at the same time, especially the second loop first boss. have fun with that one :/