Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Been hitting some Bullet Soul on the 360 and Donpachi on the saturn. Its funny when ya switch from a classic to a new era shooter, the bullet patterns play tricks on ya eyes or it could be i had to much to Drink while playing em.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
a buddy picked up death smiles on xbox 360, so i ve been playin that again. seems more fun when you have a real persaon to discuss it with.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Not sure if I should put it here, or make a new thread. But Rising Star Games announced that the EU Version DDP:R is going to be region free and NCXS is taking preorders. I don't know if Play Asia will carry it, so I might place an order through them. I love NCXS but they charge almost 10 bucks to ship one item, the only thing good about that is because I live a few hours away from them I get my order in a day or two.

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've finally gotten back to playing Hitogata Happa on the PS3. I love all of the different ships, but the time limit on the bosses is just killing me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not sure if I should put it here, or make a new thread. But Rising Star Games announced that the EU Version DDP:R is going to be region free and NCXS is taking preorders. I don't know if Play Asia will carry it, so I might place an order through them. I love NCXS but they charge almost 10 bucks to ship one item, the only thing good about that is because I live a few hours away from them I get my order in a day or two.

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx
I wonder if this release would include BL, you know "Ketsupachi". If it does, I'm game, otherwise I'm happy with the jap releases.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I wonder if this release would include BL, you know "Ketsupachi". If it does, I'm game, otherwise I'm happy with the jap releases.

It'll be DLC, but it comes with a soundtrack. LMK if you're getting it. We could go halves on the shipping.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I'm back on the Battle Garegga, nearly broke 9 Mil with my main man Miyamoto - but I still haven't destroyed Black Heart Mk2.

I also just hooked up another sweet Trinitron CRT for verts! Gave it a whirl with some PS2 Galuda Arrange and Mushi Maniac - definitely going to take time adjusting to a 27", I've mainly been using 20" for the last ten years.

Unfortunately though when I hooked up my SAT to it their was too much overscan, I'll have to figure out the service menu one of these days and try to adjust it some everything fits right.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
man I miss that PCB :(

been playing Raiden IV on TypeX and Crisis Force on FC

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Ibara, and it's kicking my ass.

It's like an abusive partner that you can't leave!

Here's my current ride;

photo-148.jpg

Only recently picked up Mushi1 on PCB, always fancied getting the original, as the PS2 port is not right somehow.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Aside from pixel inconsistency I don't see what else is wrong with the port of Mushihimesama but I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. I want to get the PCB myself but I'm just winging the port for now.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, the PS2 port is perfectly adequate and has served me well enough for a few years, but it did tend to do my eyes in a bit.

I am a little fussy (to say the least), when it comes to graphical issues it has to be said. In addition I got to have a go of the PCB version a few times and on the balance I just preferred the feel of that, there is something that I can't put my finger on - I'm sure ARIKA would have done it better actually.

Also the PCB is cheapish these days - it kept a good price for a good few years until relatively recently.

If you really like the game, keep your eyes peeled for a nice deal on PCB, it's probably worth picking up.

Last edited:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I have the PS2 version and it's a blurry mess because of the filter they used compared to the PCB .
I know there are ways to patch it by messing with a hex editor and make it look better but since I was playing it on an LCD and have no CRT that wont make it any better .

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I just got the homebrew channel working on my half-dead wii. So I got in some Radilgy and Karous.