Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Piratero said:
Yeah, I saw you were pretty confused. I think if you would of have stayed a bit longer to understand the mechanics of the game, you would of have understand how the game works. You pretty much find ways to "cancel" bullets out and convert them to points. It gets mad crazy on the 5th stage.

On EspGaluda II, there was a point where the PCB literally dropped to around 15 FPS! The entire screen was completely filled with bullets. I of course, died instantly.

:mad:
yeah, i wanna get the first one and spend some time learning how to play that one. I would imagine it becomes a lot more fun once you learn how to play.

Last edited:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
All of this positive talk is making me very anxious for this to arrive.:D

I suppose the B button controls the "slowdown"?

When the bullets are blue, you gain "gems" when killing enemies. When you press the B button, the amount of gems decreases fast. When the bullets are purple, you should let them "accumulate" so there will be a lot of bullets on the screen. Once that happens, kill all the enemies that spawned the bullets. It'll then turn each bullet on the screen to 100x points. Beware, if you run out of gems (zero gems) the bullets will be red and you won't be able to receive any points. You can reverse that by pressing B again.

brumma

NEST Puppet
My supergun arrived today, so I finally got to try out Espgaluda. What an awesome game! I should also have Espgaluda II in a week or so!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
When the bullets are blue, you gain "gems" when killing enemies. When you press the B button, the amount of gems decreases fast. When the bullets are purple, you should let them "accumulate" so there will be a lot of bullets on the screen. Once that happens, kill all the enemies that spawned the bullets. It'll then turn each bullet on the screen to 100x points. Beware, if you run out of gems (zero gems) the bullets will be red and you won't be able to receive any points. You can reverse that by pressing B again.

Thank you.:)

And to Brumma, I'm glad to see you are liking ESPgaluda, I'm getting very excited about this one. I might attack the mailman on sight.:lolz:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Thank you.:)

And to Brumma, I'm glad to see you are liking ESPgaluda, I'm getting very excited about this one. I might attack the mailman on sight.:lolz:

:lolz:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Played some ESPrade today. I was terrible though, so it lasted all of 15 minutes.

Sometimes, I decide I just don't want to get frustrated and put the game down after just a couple runs.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
brumma said:
My supergun arrived today, so I finally got to try out Espgaluda. What an awesome game! I should also have Espgaluda II in a week or so!

What a bad move on your part! You're not going to want to touch EspGaluda I after you've gotten your hands on EspGaluda II!

:D

How much did you get EspGaluda I for?
----------------------------------------
Games I've been playing:
Ibara - This game is seriously frustrating!
Battle Garegga

I'll try Batrider on MAME right now.

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
just got my batrider in the mail today-

DSC00072.jpg

many thanks to bay for supplying the community w/ all this raizing love. :D

now if i can just get esprade back in my arsenal. hey dubs, if your homie ever wants to part ways- let him know i'd love to buy that back.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
califoreigner said:
just got my batrider in the mail today-

DSC00072.jpg

many thanks to bay for supplying the community w/ all this raizing love. :D

now if i can just get esprade back in my arsenal. hey dubs, if your homie ever wants to part ways- let him know i'd love to buy that back.

Seriously, what would we do without Bay and Adam. :conf:

If I ever sell Ra.De, you got dibs on it...but I highly doubt that day will ever come!

Been playing Batrider this week, Dimahoo, and (lol thanks to Pixeljunkie) Biohazzard Battle on my new Sega Nomad :lolz:

bay

Armored Scrum Object
dubdubdub said:
i heard that you got your SGO X package, cool. ill wait till next week to get mine from the fams.

dubdubdub and califoreigner have my violent cities!!!

oh well, i'll get to play again at next week with a board coming in the mail... i'll be at dubs this saturday tho! a trip to violent city!

dubs is going to cream his pants playing all my shmups. i'm like a traveling crack dealer, cept i get you hooked then leave with the crack. :lolz:

and speaking of r.a.d.e, bob is becoming a shmupper.. another one bites the dust. that along with galuda. and play some sweets tonight too, spent most of the time just laughing at how rediculous it is. (lasers?!?!? holy shit!!)

Last edited:

20 Year Member
dubdubdub said:

If I ever sell Ra.De, you got dibs on it...but I highly doubt that day will ever come!

Been playing Batrider this week, Dimahoo, and (lol thanks to Pixeljunkie) Biohazzard Battle on my new Sega Nomad :lolz:

You got his Nomad? Nice.

How do you like it? I found mine at a local small game store on teh cheap a few years ago.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
and (lol thanks to Pixeljunkie) Biohazzard Battle on my new Sega Nomad :lolz:

was wondering if that stuff arrived safely. good to hear :buttrock:

I plan on getting some Ibara on tonight!

20 Year Member
Thunderforce IV/Lightening Force is a required purchase for any Genesis owner.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
68k said:
Thunderforce IV/Lightening Force is a required purchase for any Genesis owner.

Indeed. TFIII is pretty good as well.;)

My galuda board should be here Saturday...until then, I'm trying to fight anticipation by playing ESPrade and Mars Matrix.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Mmmmm Dimahoo and Armed Police Batrider again tonight. Finally installed my Semitsu stick....world of difference there.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Famicom
Guardian Legend
Zanac

Just got these two in the mail yesterday.

Ahh what classic from compile.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Got back into some DoDonPachi last night...still trying to get the 1CC for the first loop. I always choke on the stage 6 boss. I need to hit that bomb button quicker hehe.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Gunbird 2. I don't think I could be worse at a game.

Really, it's that bad.:oh_no:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Just played some gigawing and more gunbird 2.

I think my little DC is on its last leg.:crying: Good thing I have a backup.

brumma

NEST Puppet
My Espgaluda II kit just arrived in the post today, so can you guess what I've been playing?

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
brumma said:
My Espgaluda II kit just arrived in the post today, so can you guess what I've been playing?

Lucky bastard!

My espgaluda kit was supposed to be here today, but it didn't show.

Tracking shows that it should be tomorrow though.:)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Tron 2.0 said:
Famicom
Guardian Legend
Super awsome game. I got the nes cart for like 1.70 shipped a while back, well worth it.

played fever sos today