Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
brentsg said:
Have you played Ibara Kuro?

No, but I'd like to for sure, I've played arranged on the PS2 port but I hear its a lot different anyway. No XTC meter for one.

No, but I'd like to for sure, I've played arranged on the PS2 port but I hear its a lot different anyway. No XTC meter for one.

There are so many things I love about Kuro, but I'm also still in the honeymoon phase.

At this point I can't see going back to vanilla anytime soon.

If you just want to play for survival the game is much more accessible. Then if you want to play for score, suddenly instead of controlling rank to keep it down, you're working to keep rank at max. Of course that makes the game so much more manic. The little hitbox really helps on both fronts too.

Sucking in items is really a relief, as is weapon switching. I am not all that fond of the system to attach the options and such in vanilla. Of course sucking items means you let off "A" which has the potential to kill your XTC back to zero if you aren't careful.

Anyways you'd like it, highly recommended.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
There are so many things I love about Kuro, but I'm also still in the honeymoon phase.

At this point I can't see going back to vanilla anytime soon.

If you just want to play for survival the game is much more accessible. Then if you want to play for score, suddenly instead of controlling rank to keep it down, you're working to keep rank at max. Of course that makes the game so much more manic. The little hitbox really helps on both fronts too.

Sucking in items is really a relief, as is weapon switching. I am not all that fond of the system to attach the options and such in vanilla. Of course sucking items means you let off "A" which has the potential to kill your XTC back to zero if you aren't careful.

Anyways you'd like it, highly recommended.

Mine comes TODAY!!!! Oh holy crap I can't wait!!!

I need to wire up that 4th button.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Taking a few hour break from Pro Gear right now... that game makes my fingers hurt.

I love it though.

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
played some Mushi-Futari- black label this morning
again great game.
fast paced and god mode is amazing
:eye::eye:

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
the mahou series is awesome
Raizing was the first company that I started collecting there shooters,
Dimahoo and Geregaa were my first two, great stuff.

Kern what do you think of Raizing?

:drool:

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Espgaluda, I seriously need to pick up this PCB my fav cave shooter to date. I'm loving the scoring system.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
the mahou series is awesome
Raizing was the first company that I started collecting there shooters,
Dimahoo and Geregaa were my first two, great stuff.

Kern what do you think of Raizing?

:drool:
Why the fuck would you ask Kerns about Raizing you noob!? Seriously WTF?! Why don't you post some pics of all your Raizing games just to justify the question and all since that's all you fucking do anway!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I will be playing all kinds of shooters today.2d SHMUP'09 is today baby and i'm there:buttrock:(pics will follow in different thread)

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Why the fuck would you ask Kerns about Raizing you noob!? Seriously WTF?! Why don't you post some pics of all your Raizing games just to justify the question and all since that's all you fucking do anway!

3998268138_3733651630_o.jpg

well for one, I am on a shooting team * wishi washi * with Kern and i know his feelings about Raizing,
no i am not a noob i have been playing shooters for over 15 years and own every Raizing shooter as well as every cave shooter with a exception of Deathsmiles II * which by the way has blue screen issues and other problems * and Dodonpachi DOJ black * which has a suicide battery *

I play all my shooters and post scores with my team .
this is something i am very involved in and am very much apart of the shmup community.
I host a southern california shooting meet so that people that havent had the chance to play games like DFK 1.5 and Dogyuun can come over once a year and play them on japanese cabs. having fun sharing what we all love games.

:angry:

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I just went OFF in Pro Gear - HOLY FUCK!

My finger hurts bad right now.

I know its not great, but I got to the last boss, dunno what form he was in - he went from a big globe to a little globe...

But here it is:

10d78268.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I just went OFF in Pro Gear - HOLY FUCK!

My finger hurts bad right now.

I know its not great, but I got to the last boss, dunno what form he was in - he went from a big globe to a little globe...

But here it is:

10d78268.jpg

Nice.

Josh

Banned
I've been playing Death Smiles and I recently downloaded the Raiden Fighters Demo, so watch out Woo Hoo!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

well for one, I am on a shooting team * wishi washi * with Kern and i know his feelings about Raizing,
no i am not a noob i have been playing shooters for over 15 years and own every Raizing shooter as well as every cave shooter with a exception of Deathsmiles II * which by the way has blue screen issues and other problems * and Dodonpachi DOJ * which has a suicide battery *

this is something i am very involved in and am very much apart of the shmup community.
I host a southern california shooting meet so that people that havent had the chance to play games like DFK 1.5 and Dogyuun can come over once a year and play them on japanese cabs. having fun sharing what we all love games.

Very nice collection of boxes ;) What is the size btw? :)

I have DOJ and it have no suicide battery. The battery on the board is for saving the settings, just like Galuda or Ketsui. The one that have a suicide battery is the Black Label version and if you change the battery every 4 years, you won't have any trouble, just like CPS2 games. I remember seeing a post on shmups where someone offered to bring back dead DOJ BL to life, I think it was in the trading section since he was selling his board.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
DDP here, and sucking bad. Haven't played it for a while.

Chaining just isn't very fun.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

no i am not a noob i have been playing shooters for over 15 years and own every Raizing shooter as well as every cave shooter with a exception of Deathsmiles II * which by the way has blue screen issues and other problems * and Dodonpachi DOJ * which has a suicide battery *

You're still a fucking noob you show off! Posting pics on a thread about "I'm just getting into shooters" WTF?! and you just proved me right by acting like an extreme douche posting a bunch of boxes, and if you in fact know shit about kerns then you know he's a cave whore, Raizing and Psikyo are not his cup of tea, well goes to show how well you know your fucking team mates...

I have no problems with the WW team, most folks in there are actually pretty cool sans the fat ass and now you! Now put that tongue back in your mouth before I slice your face in half noob!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
erm, whats going on here, Aaron is a good friend and he knows I'm not the biggest raizing fan, lets not argue over stupid shit.

WW for life :make_fac:

I think something got lost in translation because you're both arguing the same fact.

Kisses.

Last edited: