Page 307 of 308 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308 LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 7685

Thread: Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

King's Barkeep

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Get the flame shot asap. Keep it to the last stage then hulk out on the homing laser. Make sure to get enough zenny to buy two life potions.
    Ha, I was just watching your clear video. I only started playing it last night and didn't know what any of the power-ups did (playing the MD version). Are there only two resurrection potions in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Ha, I was just watching your clear video. I only started playing it last night and didn't know what any of the power-ups did (playing the MD version). Are there only two resurrection potions in the game?
    Well, you might be able to get more, but the Zenny distribution is really weak so I always dump into armor if I can. That gets you a solid three hits and the pharaoh boss in the boat is insane, I always get popped hard there. It's also good to find the secret stuff too, The BIG Zenny is good to find, but there is armor and other point boosters in the game. I'm not sure if I have found it all, I just played it so much as a kid I kinda just stumbled across everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

King's Barkeep

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Well, you might be able to get more, but the Zenny distribution is really weak so I always dump into armor if I can. That gets you a solid three hits and the pharaoh boss in the boat is insane, I always get popped hard there. It's also good to find the secret stuff too, The BIG Zenny is good to find, but there is armor and other point boosters in the game. I'm not sure if I have found it all, I just played it so much as a kid I kinda just stumbled across everything.
    Thanks, Panda. I was able to get to the boat!

Edit: Got to the big vertical stage.
    Last edited by fakeXsound; 01-06-2019 at 10:10 PM.

King's Barkeep

Cleared! 651,000 points

Edit: Bummed they didn't kiss at the end...
    Last edited by fakeXsound; 01-07-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Buriki One Master The_Chosen_One's Avatar

Raiden DX for a bit now, feel like I can get the clear on bravo but haven’t yet.

King's Barkeep

Got my score in Forgotten Worlds up to 683,400. I don't know how a few people on the shmups leaderboards have scores around one million... How is that even possible?

N00b of Syougi

Took a break from Ibara to put Guwange in for the SOTM. Playing some Batrider on the side as well.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Batrider is better, just focus on this

We?ve risen up anew to drink the wine of vindication!

King's Barkeep

Forgotten Worlds 1CC: 1,638,700 points

Camel Slug

Gate of Thunder - Got my previous 2CC down to a 1CC. Made it to the last level without dying then things went to shit in the back half. Probably went from 11 to 2 lives. But hey, it still counts.

Insane Neo-Freak

Congrats! What else are inflationary extends good for, right?

King's Barkeep

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Amy View Post
    Gate of Thunder - Got my previous 2CC down to a 1CC. Made it to the last level without dying then things went to shit in the back half. Probably went from 11 to 2 lives. But hey, it still counts.
    As Vin Diesel once said, "It don't matter if you clear with no lives left or you clear with full stock. A clear is a clear."

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

Playing Gunhed and Kyukyoku tiger. Nowhere near a 1CC, but I'm enjoying it and practicing!

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

Forgotten Worlds 1CC: 1,638,700 points

Nicely done! Are you playing on PCE/TG16, MAME, or PS2...? Just curious

King's Barkeep

Thanks! Mega Drive

EDIT:
    OK, Tom Hardy, Edris Elba, Charlize Theron... Forgotten Worlds: The Movie

Two musclebound heroes and a shopkeeper risk their lives as the final hope for humanity, flying through city ruins, Egyptian labyrinths, and Tibetan mountaintops to defeat their occult enemies, the cybernetic dragon clan.
    Last edited by fakeXsound; 02-01-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Insane Neo-Freak

Darius Force (SFC), which left me with a very ambiguous feeling. The whole game feels mediocre, with only a few bright flashes in-between, but those flashes are alone worth playing this game. Like the music and atmosphere of "B" stage, or the creepy snail boss at the end of "C" or the intense action of "M", where you have to dodge falling rocks. There are three ships to choose from, but fewer stages than in the arcade so it seems like every other positive aspect has also its price.

The interesting twists within gameplay mechanics keep this alive, too, I really liked switching between bombs and lasers. Taito's developers made a virtue out of necessity, and put some creative ideas into Darius Force, so the slow SFC can manage the game technically. This also turned the concept in R-Type direction, with just a few enemies around, but well enough placed so to give you a hard time.

Darius Force is a console exclusive and it shows: a low resolution, stiff controls, ship's slowish speed or uninspired enemy formations make the arcade source appear far away. It's still a Darius, though, and if you're fan like me, you'll certainly like it despite its flaws. Too bad Taito never made a Darius Neo ;).

N00b of Syougi

Putting some credits into Donpachi and fucking with Batsugun Special for old times' sake.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by rvls View Post
    Putting some credits into Donpachi and fucking with Batsugun Special for old times' sake.
    nice stuff. I canīt get into Donpachi PCB since I donīt like the sound and music in this game. This repeating Metal/synth/clips sound like there is something damaged on the filterboard. But I guess it was just the first try of Cave trying to put some "real" music on a pcb

King's Barkeep

Esp.Ra.De - Pulled my small PVM close and put the front of it up on bed risers so I could see it a lot better, which made it easier. I can't quite get to where I used to, though (mid level 4).

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Esp.Ra.De - Pulled my small PVM close and put the front of it up on bed risers so I could see it a lot better, which made it easier. I can't quite get to where I used to, though (mid level 4).
    EspRaDe > ESPGaluda ?

King's Barkeep

Quote Originally Posted by Hasuki-san View Post
    EspRaDe > ESPGaluda ?
    I definitely prefer it, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's better since they're pretty different. Galuda's kakusei mechanic really separates it from any other Cave shooter, whereas Rade is slightly more straightforward and you have to focus more on replenishing your energy bar. But in terms of style, EspRaDe all day.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

I understand. I couldnīt really get into EspRaDe. Maybe it was too straight forward without having "something special". The game mechanic of ESPGaluda really flashes me, also the setting, backgrounds, music and charas felt more "magic" for me. I read somehwere that the game is more steampunk and had some influence or sense of Laputa Castle in the Sky from Studio Ghibli. Maybe that is the reason why it hits me more than EspRaDe

King's Barkeep

Yeah, I'd definitely call Galuda steampunk, but Rade is almost cyberpunk / Masamune Shirow style. I actually popped Galuda into the PS2 and am trying to get back up to speed. I used to be able to get to the penultimate boss. Hopefully I can clear it at some point...

Over Top Auto Mechanic

yes, ESPGaluda is really heavy stuff. I especially like the awakening ability and the changing of gender, bullets, bombs and movement with just one click. That changes everything and is a really special difference to older shmups where you can just shoot, bomb and die. But I think Iīll have to get an esprade pcb again. Your more than laudatory advertising makes me wanna play again

King's Barkeep

Luckily I bought it at the right time. Grabbed it for $375. It's probably way up now. I was hoping to get a Guwange PCB, but that's absurdly priced these days.

I surprisingly got my #1 score on Galuda last night. I got some big kakusei scores, but only got to the end of the fourth level.

Thread Information