Page 294 of 294 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294
Results 7,326 to 7,336 of 7336

Thread: Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Orochi's Acolyte

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Yes, kakusei, overdrive, and guard barrier (bomb) either doesn't damage him or gives him health, I can't remember which.

The scrubtastic trick for killing him during his final form though is to guard barrier when it looks like you're going to collide with a bullet, whiff the beam, and then reposition yourself safely.
    Oh, gotcha. You mean avoid hitting him with the beam, right?

Edit: I panic bomb all the time. I'm not above using this trick.

Fio's Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    Been going back and forth with Skycurser and Fire Shark.

Skycurser is great, loving every bit of it.

Fire Shark I used to be able to 1cc, can make it to stage 5 pretty consistently. Maxing out the fire weapon is the way to go.
    Any tips on SkyCurser, just got mine, so far I figured out the all 3 buttons super. It also seems the second char helps if you shotgun a lot.

KING of teh SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
    Any tips on SkyCurser, just got mine, so far I figured out the all 3 buttons super. It also seems the second char helps if you shotgun a lot.
    Yeah, for the gundam, you kinda need to tap b,a,b quickly and it takes some of your gauge. Also, this game is huge on crowd control, use that shotgun to your advantage.

Fio's Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    Yeah, for the gundam, you kinda need to tap b,a,b quickly and it takes some of your gauge. Also, this game is huge on crowd control, use that shotgun to your advantage.
    Nice! Do you know how to spam the sword, I saw in one of the demos at the start screen, the computer started slashing superfast with no cooldown on the sword.

Galford's Armourer

Today I had mostly a R-Type session. R-Type 2 arcade, R-Type Leo arcade and R-Type I PC Enine. I also played Magical Chase and G-Darius ver2 (arcade).

Arcade R-Type 2 US ver is far more difficult than R-Type I (PC Engine version).

Orochi's Acolyte

Got to the final stage in EspGaluda for the first time tonight and got my personal high score - 12.3 million. I would have done better if I didn't get one stupid death and daydream through the extend in Stage 3. I don't quite feel the 1CC within grasp. I definitely need to practice Stage 4 more.

Lazy SNK Employee

Been playing ZAS for the game boy. It plays much better than I would ever have guessed. Also, it's one of those vert shooters that has terrain like a horizontal, which is a nice change of pace if you're into that sort of thing.

Iori's Therapist

Quote Originally Posted by Igakajook View Post
    Been playing ZAS for the game boy. It plays much better than I would ever have guessed. Also, it's one of those vert shooters that has terrain like a horizontal, which is a nice change of pace if you're into that sort of thing.
    Cool, but it looks like its frame rate has been sacrificed for a two-layer parallax effect. The uncommon use of tectonic in this vert reminds me of Formation Armed F, which, in addition, features an interesting usage of the ship's options. Has this one any gameplay gimmicks to offer?

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Cool, but it looks like its frame rate has been sacrificed for a two-layer parallax effect. The uncommon use of tectonic in this vert reminds me of Formation Armed F, which, in addition, features an interesting usage of the ship's options. Has this one any gameplay gimmicks to offer?
    Actually, the way the options work in ZAS is similar to Armed F in that you can pull them close to your ship or send them out to the side. No launching them forward or backward though. It ends-up feeling very similar and it's often used in the same manner.

Have you played much Armed F? I haven't been playing it long but I really like everything about it so far.

As for the frame rate, it all works because of the ghosting of the original game boy's screen. If your playing on the original gb, it's not an issue.
    Last edited by Igakajook; 08-12-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Iori's Therapist

Have you played much Armed F? I haven't been playing it long but I really like everything about it so far.
    I played the PC Engine port, bit on the hard side, but quite fascinating due to the concept -- it feels a bit like the last stage in Hagane for the Super Famicom. Memorization rules, of course.

As for the frame rate, it all works because of the ghosting of the original game boy's screen. If your playing on the original gb, it's not an issue.
    Good to hear, will give it a try on a Pi.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Good to hear, will give it a try on a Pi.
    Keep in mind the screen will be a flickery mess unless the emulator can do frame blending.

Thread Information