Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Got a clear on Nexzr last night. I've never owned the game and it took me about 4 tries to get the 1cc. I was having issues with the 3rd boss. Game has a huge gap inbetween weapon spawns but pretty much if you get the missiles that hit the ground and do the small bomb, bosses are a joke from the side. Last boss is pretty neat too.
cfd7cee93969884d6eb109fc033cea16.jpg

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^nice

I struggled with Nexzr for years. I couldn't beat stage 2. Then one day something clicked and I cleared the game without having too much practice on the later stages. Cool game

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Got 22.56 million and lvl 100-something on Psyvariar Revision tonight. No clear thought - this was my first time fighting the X-B boss. That entire level is ridiculous. My current score is in the top 10 on shmups, so I'm fine with it, but I would like to get a X-B clear before I move onto something else.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Cool game

Done by the same team as the phenomenal Air Buster port on the Mega Drive, it feels like Blust Wind -- the port of an arcade game that never happened. The one-button mechanic, one-hit shields and the overall power-up simplicity are as eccentric as a Silvergun gameplay, with the original and Carnival releases somehow representing the typical Saturn & arcade versions respectively.

So just exploring my turboeverdrive and I can say that Sinistron is one of my nice discovery!!! Really like the power-ups types and how you can choose between the intensity Vs spread of each. Music is also very good!!

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Sinistron is cool but beware the final checkpoint. That game is definitely designed with turbo switches in mind, haha.

The Japanese name is Violent Soldier, yay for random name changes. Maybe there are too many shmups with Soldier in the title?

Sinistron is cool but beware the final checkpoint. That game is definitely designed with turbo switches in mind, haha.

The Japanese name is Violent Soldier, yay for random name changes. Maybe there are too many shmups with Soldier in the title?

You might be right, didn’t think about that, but they had to change it, soldier equals vertical schmup and Sinistron seems more like horizontal...........well I guess I’ll stop drinking tonight

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Casually playing Slap Fight MD and Tastujin. So much love for these two, probably my favourites on the MD.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
playing blazing star and loving it. never really gave this game a chance because i always thought it was more about the visuals rather than gameplay, but i'm actually having a lot of fun with it.

always loved the intro and art style but now i'm enjoying the gameplay.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
border down and under defeat on the dreamcast.
followed by lethal xcess, cardiaxx and super stardust on the amiga1200.
:D

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
pulstar and aso 2 for the cdz via neo4all rc3 emulator on the dreamcast. (usb to gdi by mnemo works a treat on cdz images that properly convert to cdi.)
next up is chaos engine, turrican 3, x-out and uridium 2 on the amiga1200. :smirk:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
playing blazing star and loving it. never really gave this game a chance because i always thought it was more about the visuals rather than gameplay, but i'm actually having a lot of fun with it.

always loved the intro and art style but now i'm enjoying the gameplay.

The intro is so damn good.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Ended up getting a Tekken 3 Hori and been breaking it in on some Gunbird 1 for PS2

Psikyo (RIP) makes damn good shmups and Hori makes damn good sticks. Perfect Match

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
esp re da for pgm and mslug 4 for mvs. (not my cops.)
to finish, original relz of project-x run on a1200. :D

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
don't undesrtand the question, or the need to explain anything.
admit the the typo though.
this game by cave:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxeP5HNm6yU
in a cabinet.
[edit]
video is gameplay only, and it's not mine.

I don’t think ‘Rade was ever on PGM hardware. They were still running on Atlus PCBs back then.

Espgaluda was on PGM hardware and cart conversion though.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
fair enough.
not looked inside the cop, and i'll take your word for it.
cabinet has it's generic 'poly game system' banner above the screen, nothing to individualize the cabinet, like most mvs jobs in black.
uniform in appearance.

now playing last resort on mvs. :)