Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
People in California wear shorts in October???? Whhhaaaa????!!!!!

What are you taking about? I'm wearing basketball shorts right now. It's 74 degrees.

Massachusetts is a tropical paradise, and I'm not playing any shooters ATM.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'm playing some Aero Fighters 2 and 3 constantly these days. Damn 3 is hard!!

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Trying out Raiden IV Overkill tonight. I honestly have to say, high-speed medals that home into your ship is not conductive in a game with high-speed bullets I'm trying to dodge. It's giving me a heart attack, haha.

But hey, dumping unnecessary levels of firepower into already wrecked and crashing spaceships is all in good fun. It's not quite dead yet, keep firing! Back in my Junior High days I would have thought this was the coolest idea ever.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man I need to remember to buy that. I keep forgetting Raiden IV is up on PSN.

Been playing OG Galaga and Galaga DX. Been on a real Namco kick lately.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Playing Layer Section on my SS. I need more practice! Would like to get a virtua stick for this experience someday...

DeusVult

Another Striker
still playing einhander getting a little better, controls take a little getting used to.

also picked up axelay and had a little shot, forgot how good the sound was on this, see where sturmwind got some of its inspiration from.

playing axelay and sometimes when I get hit I loose my current weapon but don't die but sometimes I just die, is this random?

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
playing axelay and sometimes when I get hit I loose my current weapon but don't die but sometimes I just die, is this random?

I like Axelay a lot. I need to get it again. If I remember correctly, you start off with 3 weapons and if something shoots you then you lose a weapon until you are out and then you blow up, but if you run into something you just blow up.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I like Axelay a lot. I need to get it again. If I remember correctly, you start off with 3 weapons and if something shoots you then you lose a weapon until you are out and then you blow up, but if you run into something you just blow up.

Yes.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Currently playing Strikers 1945. I just rotated my monitor for the first time to play some shooters I recently acquired. I got Twin Eagle, Strikers 1945, Truxton (needs repairing), and Varth (A board needs repairing as well).

So far I can get to the fifth level on Strikers 1945 on one credit. I'm still trying to decide which plane I like.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
^Nice dude, strikers1945 is great! Good luck repairing Varth and Truxton, those are some serious game too :vik:

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I think I figured out the problem with Varth thanks to a repair log from channemaniac. It is a sync problem and a fried volume potentiometer. I just grabbed the parts today but haven't put them in yet. The jury is still out on Truxton though.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Vimana. Typical Toaplan awesome art. Quirky continuos stage layout. Takes some getting used to but I dig it.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
It shouldn't.

If you can use autofire you will melt through the first loop half asleep.

Yeah, not using autofire thus far. Going with the OG 2 button set up. My hand hates me right now so I'll probably switch it up soon.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
What games am I playing ATM?

I'm not playing any games ass-to-mouth. WTF guys? This forum is full of weirdos!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Going to give Batrider some serious play this weekend. I’ve just learned that holding START while booting the game sets rank at default-low - advance course watch your ass I’m coming for you! :vik:

Teddy, I’ve never played Vimana before, is that a recent scoop? You should try the batrider thing I mentioned above it makes a whole neewwww wooorrrlld of difference!
Walt-Disney-Screencaps-Prince-Aladdin-Princess-Jasmine-walt-disney-characters-34384321-500-272.jpg

sp9_Carpet.gif

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Layer Section on IOS. The Zuntata soundtrack is killer good. I like this game so much that I'm now searching for the JAMMA pcb of it. I should probably list that in my .sig

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Layer Section on IOS. The Zuntata soundtrack is killer good. I like this game so much that I'm now searching for the JAMMA pcb of it. I should probably list that in my .sig

Hope you have a deep wallet my friend, not a cheap PCB in the slightest. Expect to drop 350+

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I just got up the nerve to do the "short out" trick on my Espgaluda 2 board to reset the high scores on it (this and I think Mushihimesama were the only sh3 boards that don't re-initialize). Now that the score tables are reset and I can track my progress, I'm going to start playing it again.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Hope you have a deep wallet my friend, not a cheap PCB in the slightest. Expect to drop 350+

I'm willing to go that high, but the problem is finding one for sale!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I have an extra 14" PVM now, so I used to to play a few Saturn shooters in TATE mode. Strikers, Strikers 2, And Donpachi.

Also played some Strikers 1945 Plus on the Neo this morning before work.