Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Still working on GunBird 2 but i have made some progress, Im up to stage 1-6 at best , stage 1-5 bosses patterns still screw me over sometimes.. :D

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Finally got a clear on Futari 1.5
Also hit 2-5 on DDPDOJBL

df6348a097bc4402ee745ce7ec61aa6d.jpg

8e973115c0dd3733fd1cf9e882fce3c8.jpg

NICE KidPanda! What was that clear in Futari on original?
My PB on my PCB of 1.5 is Original, Reco, 233881963, Stage 5 Boss
Still not a 1cc YET ill go back to it again, the pill bugs used to make or break my runs. After you do it enough you start to figure out the best routing for the stage

I never played DOJ but i hear its brutal more power to ya

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
NICE KidPanda! What was that clear in Futari on original?
My PB on my PCB of 1.5 is Original, Reco, 233881963, Stage 5 Boss
Still not a 1cc YET ill go back to it again, the pill bugs used to make or break my runs. After you do it enough you start to figure out the best routing for the stage

I never played DOJ but i hear its brutal more power to ya

Thanks, I've never been really good at Futari, so I'm happy enough with this score. DOJ isn't that hard to me anymore to be honest, 2nd loop is kinda of annoying if anything.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
DC REZ in-between Galaga '88 sessions on the Engine. Almost there to pass the 1 million mark on the latter and you know what they say... the first one is the toughest to get ;).

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I beat the main mode of Nanostray 2 and completed all 32 challenge stages to unlock the four bonus mini games (knockoffs of Arkanoid, Asteroids, and Qix, as well as an "endless tunnel" shmup, for lack of a better description).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Couple of Storm Blade clears.

The Mig is super overpowered for the first loop. I guess I'll knockout the other two characters. Maybe try for a 2-all with the Mig.

0276250db3cfab77d72375907415ce91.jpg

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
DDP for Saturn.

Why is the PS port more sought after than the Saturn port? Saturn quality seems way higher IMHO. The remixed Donpachi track doesn't hurt either.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
DDP for Saturn.

Why is the PS port more sought after than the Saturn port? Saturn quality seems way higher IMHO. The remixed Donpachi track doesn't hurt either.

Both versions have issues with scoring. If you're not into that, it really won't matter. Saturn version has ugly explosions for some reason.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
MD's Aero Blasters port. Those 'Out of Gravity' stages are hell and at the same time, one of the games' biggest assets. Same guys made Nexzr.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Air Gallet- Finally broke 1 mil. The bosses in this game are serious bullshit. Someone at Gazelle must have been one of the toaplan sadists, especially with the stage 2 boss.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Air Gallet- Finally broke 1 mil. The bosses in this game are serious bullshit. Someone at Gazelle must have been one of the toaplan sadists, especially with the stage 2 boss.

Yea, I've dumped 4 bombs on him and he still didn't die.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
04f4e73a7fe4f4ad77f98bdfbd9e0eda.jpg

Gekirindan down. Pretty simple mechanics but classic Toaplan style gameplay.

powerflower

Banned
Scanlines!! Gekirindan feels kinda wrong. A game by Ex-Toa on Taito F3 HW that screams "sprite/BG scaling" and stuff?... I'm confused. Still good stuff. Ultimate Tiger 2 by ex Toa on F3 is a disgrace though :(

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Tatsujin on my Genny-BIOS, aka Truxton, plus runnin it on "easy". Soothing my nerves with one relaxed 1cc of the first loop.

powerflower

Banned
Very good port BUT music is way too fast, PCE version sounds and plays way better and more true to the PCB. Actually for me PCE Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than PCB :)

Another thing...
Mega Drive not Genesis, k? ;)

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Tatsujin on my Genny-BIOS, aka Truxton, plus runnin it on "easy". Soothing my nerves with one relaxed 1cc of the first loop.
I hate this game. It´s too hard for me or I am too soft for that. You have to show me next week how to play it.
Actually I am playing Brave Blade, this is a nice one. Not too hard, not too soft and nice atmosphere

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I played it on an american BIOS, i.e. the Genesis-BIOS, not the Mega Drive one, because it makes the game easier compared to playing it on a jpn. BIOS -- but plz, don't hold back, be a sport and elaborate on your:

Another thing...
Mega Drive not Genesis, k? ;)

...does this mean, that for you the name Genesis is inferior, rubbish, so to speak, as opposed to the name Mega Drive and that one should always use the latter name, even when referring explicitly to the american version of SEGA's 16-bit console? If so, then... why?

powerflower

Banned
Sega created that 16-Bit console. Sega is located in Japan. Sega named their console Mega Drive. Genesis had to be named due to copyright stuff, you know that.

It is called Mega Drive. Genesis sounds just stoopid to answer your question. It is not inferior b/c exact same HW? Just sounds stupid... ;) Especially when you are a collectard, only Japanese releases count.

DO NOT question me ever about SEGA. I am in the know:-J

..but feel free to ask me anything Sega especially (Arcade) HW related...surprise me.

Gruss

Last edited: