Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
after hooking up the hanzo on the DC last night i got a bit carried away with some Sturmwind, really great game in my opinion

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Congrats! Getting the all on DOJ is on my bucket list.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Finally got to play Guardian Force on the ST-V. Seems the same as my Saturn version, although I'm doing much better on this version (probably because I'm paying closer attention then I did ten years ago). Finally made it to Stage C (fourth level).

Nothing makes me say FUCK YEAH like slicing the top off a giant tank with a whirling death buzzsaw, then watching the crew run away on fire. Fuck yeah!

I whole-heatedly approve of this post^.

I'm not sure what to pop in. Help me decide.

1) ViperPhase 1
2) Macross
3) Macross +

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Raiden in Space, it is. What's up homeboy?

When are you and mugi coming back to Philly? Am I gonna have to throw a meat?

Just chillin, the only problem with coming up is I need like two months advance so I can put in request for time off. And I never get weekends off :(

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Just chillin, the only problem with coming up is I need like two months advance so I can put in request for time off. And I never get weekends off :(

So what I hear you saying, is that I need to organize a group buy, lol. Still bummed I missed you guys last time.

I know what you mean, re: time off. Until my kids are older, I'm not going to be able to just jaunt down to Flair country @ the drop of a hat.

Back OT-for the VP1 players out there...which version do you prefer? I'm kinda digging the timed power ups scheme of mine. Forces me to think a bit differently, knowing I gotta make shrapnel hay, while the power up is shining.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
for viper, i really prefer the USA version.
the timed power ups in the original are a nice thought, but it's something i'd rather not deal with in shmups.

me? i'm playing progear now, not honestly sure how i feel about it.....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't think they are timed power-ups. More like ammo bars that degrade power as they lower by being used.

Only the true space pilot pros can rack it up with both VP1s. I love both of them for what they are.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I know that limited weapons version, the weapons are stronger. Non-limited they dumbed the power down.

cutjules

n00b
If you want to try some other good megadrive shmups cutjules might I suggest MUSHA or Truxton? Fun games. I also sold my Genesis years ago and just got another one recently prices on games have indeed gone up wish I never basically just gave away my collection when I was younger.

Yes I already know Truxton, it's surprising how Alpha Mission designs seem inspired from this game. I've never heard about Musha before, in Europe I don't think this game was selled, the japanese designs are very nice, a "kind of Revenge of the Shinobi" Mecha Shmup :)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
2 timer is a good term, I think we should use it: “Ibara Extended mode is a two timer, but Harder mode is a monogamous single loop."

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know that limited weapons version, the weapons are stronger. Non-limited they dumbed the power down.

The USA ver. has 4 level weapons. Keep at level 2 to keep rank down. W lev. 2 top of the screen flanking 100% madness FTMFW!