Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Debating whether to go after a Galuda PCB, or just save for a Buttwidener.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Just got esp ra.de, so I'm taking a break from daioh.

Chempop

Just got esp ra.de, so I'm taking a break from daioh.

Those were two of my first PCBs, strangely I didn't keep either. Certainly quality games, if not a tad on the easy side :D

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Those were two of my first PCBs, strangely I didn't keep either. Certainly quality games, if not a tad on the easy side :D

you consider daioh easy?
well bugger.
course, it might help if i could get the cable i need to be able to use bombs on my cab. :)

Chempop

Talk to teddy, someone made him one iirc.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
i actually bought my board from him, and he tossed it in.
but i don't have the tools or parts to make the harness hook up to the blast.

Chempop

Have you tried just connecting it to the buttons, assuming it has quick connects on the ends of the wires? That's how it should work. It's not a system kick harness like the CPS2 harnesses that interface with the blast's I/O board.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Have you tried just connecting it to the buttons, assuming it has quick connects on the ends of the wires? That's how it should work. It's not a system kick harness like the CPS2 harnesses that interface with the blast's I/O board.

Yup, this. That's how I had it connected bartreman.

Edit - Check this page bart. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9789 towards the bottom of the dip settings it has the pinout of the kick harness if you want to visualize what each pin in the JST connector is for.

Last edited:

Chempop

Lost on auction for galuda pcb, outbid by STV, ending price was 20500¥. :annoyed:

DeusVult

Another Striker
just recently picked up a sega genesis, been playing forgotten worlds, used to love this game

DeusVult

Another Striker
I love this port, the only thing that bums me is the dropped level. Being only a 4 meg cart was the issue.

a level from the arcade version? I only ever played it on the megadrive, controls take a little getting used to again but even after all this time I still thinks it great

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
a level from the arcade version? I only ever played it on the megadrive, controls take a little getting used to again but even after all this time I still thinks it great

Yea one of the later vertical levels was cut. Most people don't ever notice till you play the Super CD version on PCE.