Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Please elaborate. I played the pants off of RIV on 360...would love an excuse to double dip w/ Overkill.

If I'm not mistaken, it's a remix of sorts. It's got added modes and such. Think of it as a Cave release on 360. So many goodies.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Galactic Attack is a bit more challenging than I thought it was going to be.

Fantastic soundtrack, that LAYER SECTION. god, how i love ZUNTATA soundtracks.

TAITO made so many games that were just all kinds of awesome in every sense...

Last edited:
Please elaborate. I played the pants off of RIV on 360...would love an excuse to double dip w/ Overkill.

Overkill mode is quite superbly done with scoring with two new mission stages. Mid/large ships linger on screen for you to shoot it for extra points.

This adds a new layer of challenge from most waves because of the larger ships blocking your shot path with the "overkill" mechanics.

I refer to more complete as the mode called "additional" is pretty much xbox360's mode.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
How are you liking it?

That's not an easy game to get into, but it's damn cool.

I'm going to pop my Wang in the cab in celebration of your scoop!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
How are you liking it?

That's not an easy game to get into, but it's damn cool.

I'm going to pop my Wang in the cab in celebration of your scoop!

I'm not sure how I feel about right now. Last night was literally the 3rd or 4th time I have ever played it. I do LOVE the music, especially level 2. The difficulty is odd too. I got to the stage 5 boss and from about the start of stage 5 it felt like a second loop in a cave game. I'm thinking its a keeper though. I've got the blue label roms too but I think I'm going to wait till I 1CC before I pop those in.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm not sure how I feel about right now. Last night was literally the 3rd or 4th time I have ever played it. I do LOVE the music, especially level 2. The difficulty is odd too. I got to the stage 5 boss and from about the start of stage 5 it felt like a second loop in a cave game. I'm thinking its a keeper though. I've got the blue label roms too but I think I'm going to wait till I 1CC before I pop those in.

having only played it on 360, I'm still not really "familiar" with the game, but the stage 3 cemetery w/ cat-spider boss, is one of my all time favorite levels in any game.....EVER. Such an amaziing atmosphere on that one, and the rest of the game has a great vibe too.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I credit fed my way through Parodius Da on the SFC the other day. Really great shooter.

It's super long, honestly too long. And what's up with the final boss? He just sits there, very strange.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I played some Elemental Master today on Genesis. I feel like the game had a lot of potential but was poorly executed.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I credit fed my way through Parodius Da on the SFC the other day. Really great shooter.

It's super long, honestly too long. And what's up with the final boss? He just sits there, very strange.

Many Gradius games have last bosses like this. I guess they figure you've done enough to get there.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Recently, I've been having an absolute blast with Iridion II for the Nintendo GameBoy Advance. It's just an amazingly polished handheld shooter. This thing was made to take to the bathroom. :cool:

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Many Gradius games have last bosses like this. I guess they figure you've done enough to get there.

Huh, weird that even Gradius games do it. I figured they did it in Parodius as a joke.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Zeroigar - PCFX - Good game a bit hard, but good... Also, Sylphia, PC Engine never have been good at Sylphia

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
playing guardian force on the saturn
And improving fast. This is definitely a game that rewards practice.

So is it just me, or are the faction symbols oral sex? The opposing force is the V hand spread, with the player side a vagina.

Jreach

n00b
Fantastic soundtrack, that LAYER SECTION. god, how i love ZUNTATA soundtracks.

TAITO made so many games that were just all kinds of awesome in every sense...

Solid soundtrack, call me weird but I love the crazy names for each level "the phantasm of silver".