Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Darius Burst
Darius Burst
And
Darius Burst.

And those dlc packs, sega pack. Taito. Friggin night Striker.

I've been playing a lot of DB:CS too. Got all the dlc packs during the sale. The added dlc missions let you try some of the bosses from the end of CS mode. Crimson Nightmare is a bitch.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Had a small shmup get-together last night; Muchi Muchi Pork and Blazing Star got the most love. Also had Mushihimesams Matsuri running on Steam. ESPGaluda 2 got a few plays, but Terry330 had me pull it out to put in DoDonPachi (like he does every single time he's drinking here. haha)

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That's crazy - I haven't played this game in forever, but I was just thinking about it earlier today. Does it hold up well?

I think it does, it's alot of fun to go through. Imo it's 1000x better than arcade version.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I've heard that before, and it only makes me want to try the arcade version all the more. I NEED to know now.

I use to own the arcade PCB aswell, trust me the NES version shits all over it lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think it does, it's alot of fun to go through. Imo it's 1000x better than arcade version.

I agree with that.

A lot of NES arcade ports had a special feel to them, specially Konami and Capcom.

Here's a list of games I feel are better on NES

Contra
SuperC
Life Force
Jackal
Track & Field
Bionic Commando
Gunsmoke
Section Z
Legendary Wings

NES could be my favorite console. Solid game library, I don't need all 700 hundred or whatever amount of games to be good. I'm happy with the quality titles, there's so many that I wouldn't be able to play them all and even less play them well.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I agree with that.

A lot of NES arcade ports had a special feel to them, specially Konami and Capcom.

Here's a list of games I feel are better on NES

Contra
SuperC
Life Force
Jackal
Track & Field
Bionic Commando
Gunsmoke
Section Z
Legendary Wings

NES could be my favorite console. Solid game library, I don't need all 700 hundred or whatever amount of games to be good. I'm happy with the quality titles, there's so many that I wouldn't be able to play them all and even less play them well.

Nice list Chris, another is Rygar. I love the NES port I had the arcade PCB of it also years ago. The arcade is fun but man its super repetitive after a while. I need to pick up Gunsmoke such a great game.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
V-V for me! I can't believe I never played this before, it's fantastic!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Nice.

At first I thought it was going to be frustrating to try to position your options to deal with enemy waves/single tough enemies, but there's enough "spacing" in the action to be able to use them effectively.

Also, the firing sound on the Genesis is annoying af.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Nice.

At first I thought it was going to be frustrating to try to position your options to deal with enemy waves/single tough enemies, but there's enough "spacing" in the action to be able to use them effectively.

Also, the firing sound on the Genesis is annoying af.

I usually go for 2 speed options and then upgrade power to maximum.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Spend some time on Skycurser and V-V this weekend. Love the music in V-V.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Terraforming on the CD-Rom Rom, again. It's so tough, if you use any other weapon but the red laser. With the latter it's almost too easy. I love broken games! This one is so minimalistic, almost bare-bones, and you can really enjoy Syd's involvement in that gem. Too bad René Laloux never made a video game...

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
This week I started taking a break from my Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 pcb and playing some Batsugun (oldset) on shmupmame for the first time.

Maybe one day ill get my hands on a Batsugun board because Im loving the heck out of this game. Finally beat Jupiter a few days ago and made it half way to the end of the final stage. :)