US Metal Slug on Ebay

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
What a shame on the insert. It would be great if he could replace it with another original.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Just to add...he is a very reputable person..., i sold my super mint Euro Ms2 to him..'collected in person'.
No-one will have any problems here...he is as honest as the day is long.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Damn, Europe only bidding it looks like...yet I would be willing to spend the $$$ for this one. Oh well.

Sheesh...only 50 of these were ever made according to the ebay ad? I didn't know it was THAT scarce.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
MetalSludge said:
Damn, Europe only bidding it looks like...yet I would be willing to spend the $$$ for this one. Oh well.

Sheesh...only 50 of these were ever made according to the ebay ad? I didn't know it was THAT scarce.

It's not. I can't comment on how many there are, but I'm positive it's more than 50. I'm sure someone here will have a more accurate guess as to the total print run.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
qube said:
It's not. I can't comment on how many there are, but I'm positive it's more than 50. I'm sure someone here will have a more accurate guess as to the total print run.

Oh, that's a relief. Was hoping to possibly own one someday, and only 50 being in the whole world would have made that more like impossible rather than just unlikely. Now I can still dream...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
There is more than 1,000

I remember when I bought mine back in '96 off of Alicia Barone, she told me that they had "quite a few" and not to worry if my money order took a week to get there...

She said they had just got in 1,200 units, and less than half were sold when I contacted her...

$320 shipped...

Metal Slug U.S. Homecart
Memory Card
Catalog

prosper1ne

King's Dry,
TonK said:
There is more than 1,000

I remember when I bought mine back in '96
$320 shipped...

Metal Slug U.S. Homecart
Memory Card
Catalog

oh how the times have changed :emb:

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
The 50 number is false. The furthest I traced it back to Vincewy when he made the comment on dolphinlord's. He was just looking for attention.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Thanks for the assist guys. I knew some of the oldtymers could clear it up.
I was going to say over 1,000 copies, but I wasn't sure enough to commit to that.

Hell, TonK's probably owned at least 200 different copies all by himself :loco:

Sinnistar

n00b
seems weird you would list this for all to see if you were really interested in it.
more eyes seeing it than need to be seeing it = more players in the game and a jacked up price....

may have blown it for some??

should be some sort of unpoken rule for listing stuff that isnt yours..

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
TonK said:
There is more than 1,000

I remember when I bought mine back in '96 off of Alicia Barone, she told me that they had "quite a few" and not to worry if my money order took a week to get there...

She said they had just got in 1,200 units, and less than half were sold when I contacted her...

$320 shipped...

Metal Slug U.S. Homecart
Memory Card
Catalog

I, too, had the opportunity to pick one up for this price. Didn't have that type of money at the time........