What's the worst city you've ever lived in or visited?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Hmmm... Selma was a depressing dump of a town. No need to go back there.

Fuck San Fran. Fuckin horrible errythang. And it's super fuckin spendy.

Worst state I've been in was NM. Jesus christ is that place bad. I used to think Idaho was bad until I drove through NM.

Drove through some shithole ghost towns along route 66. Couldn't tell ya names though as I tried to forget that experience.

Outside the country? Manila, hands down.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Hmmm... Selma was a depressing dump of a town. No need to go back there.

Fuck San Fran. Fuckin horrible errythang. And it's super fuckin spendy.

Worst state I've been in was NM. Jesus christ is that place bad. I used to think Idaho was bad until I drove through NM.

Drove through some shithole ghost towns along route 66. Couldn't tell ya names though as I tried to forget that experience.

Outside the country? Manila, hands down.

Where in Manila did you go? I almost got shot at Quiapo.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I didn't know it when I first went there, but I soon came to realize that Milwaukee is worse than bad. It's boring.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I didn't know it when I first went there, but I soon came to realize that Milwaukee is worse than bad. It's boring.

Yeah Milwaukee does suck. They've tried to revitalize some areas, but overall it's still a craphole. Madison is the only city worth visiting in Wisconsin and even that isn't so great.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Berlin & Brussels. Former is great to party, everything else is like a "The very worst of Germany" compilation. Latter is a windy juggernaut with Hitler's king-size bust starring at you in the Musée Royal de l’Armée et d’Histoire Militaire. But maybe I just don't like capitals.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I've been to some pretty lousy cities but the one that constantly takes the cake for me is Chicago. Chicago offers some pretty amazing things (as well as high expectations of it being a premiere US city destination) but then washes all of that away with insane prices, rude ass people and ridiculous traffic. It is absurd how expensive shit is in Chicago...after having been to many other major US cities, Chicago constantly takes the cake as one of the costliest places I've been...and often for no reason. Gas, parking, food, hotels...often some of the highest prices I've ever paid anywhere. Couple that to the rude/miserable motherfuckers around every corner and it makes for a place I more than often dread rather than look forward to visiting.

just posting here to point out how much of a pussy smokehouse is.

Chicago is a fucking great city. It's a city so it has city problems (people who don't give a fuck about you and don't share your stupid small town mentality ["rude people"] for instance) It kind of blows my mind in general how stupid some suburbanite assholes are who think every crazy and/or black person outside is trying to stab them and that their life is going to end on public transit systems at night.

Also, having lived in the country, and having lived in one of the cheapest cities to live in in PA, it's not that expensive here. Grocery store has better prices than what I'm used to despite not having as good of a produce selection. Cigs are about as expensive as you'd expect them to be in a major city but not anywhere near as pricy as New York (and you can just go to Indiana and get them for $7 a pack if you really want to) . And again, if you aren't a fucking pussy, the public transit here is very encompassing and cheap as fuck.

GET REAL

EDIT: Worst cities? I'm not the best person to ask, but in Chester (basically a Philadelphia ghetto) when i was a toddler I saw a lady get her head blown off at a stop light and hijacked like it was fucking Grand Theft Auto 3 and my mother worked at the hospital there (Crozer aka Guns & Knives Club) and would come home nearly every night and describe in detail the murders, rapes, teenage pregnancies. My late night schmooze hours with my insane mother were like a Law & Order series.

Lancaster City in PA is a lot worse than you'd think as well. You get a lot of fugitives and nomadic criminals because it is under-policed and placed near/between major cities such as Baltimore, NYC, Philadelphia and nearby is another shit city called York. Definitely some scary streets in Lancaster despite being in the beautiful country.

EDIT 2: (im a serial edit0r) looks like NYC and Chicago have about the same cig prices, but whatev,r they're fuckng cigarettes you should have to pay $11 a pack because they are bad for you

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
just posting here to point out how much of a pussy smokehouse is.

Chicago is a fucking great city. It's a city so it has city problems (people who don't give a fuck about you and don't share your stupid small town mentality ["rude people"] for instance) It kind of blows my mind in general how stupid some suburbanite assholes are who think every crazy and/or black person outside is trying to stab them and that their life is going to end on public transit systems at night.

Also, having lived in the country, and having lived in one of the cheapest cities to live in in PA, it's not that expensive here. Grocery store has better prices than what I'm used to despite not having as good of a produce selection. Cigs are about as expensive as you'd expect them to be in a major city but not anywhere near as pricy as New York (and you can just go to Indiana and get them for $7 a pack if you really want to) . And again, if you aren't a fucking pussy, the public transit here is very encompassing and cheap as fuck.

GET REAL

EDIT: Worst cities? I'm not the best person to ask, but in Chester (basically a Philadelphia ghetto) when i was a toddler I saw a lady get her head blown off at a stop light and hijacked like it was fucking Grand Theft Auto 3 and my mother worked at the hospital there (Crozer aka Guns & Knives Club) and would come home nearly every night and describe in detail the murders, rapes, teenage pregnancies. My late night schmooze hours with my insane mother were like a Law & Order series.

Lancaster City in PA is a lot worse than you'd think as well. You get a lot of fugitives and nomadic criminals because it is under-policed and placed near/between major cities such as Baltimore, NYC, Philadelphia and nearby is another shit city called York. Definitely some scary streets in Lancaster despite being in the beautiful country.

Sounds a lot like just hating cities. This is something that happens to people when they get older, and it's happened to me. When I was your age and lived in a city every crowd of people was a chance for entertainment, every change was an opportunity for employment, every break up was a shot at a new partner. Now I'm old all of these things seem like hard work and I just avoid them. I live 20 minutes from central London and I've been in once in the last 12 months.

I don't want to take anything away from your time though, I wouldn't want to have been anywhere else at the time, it's the best, enjoy it.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Chicago cuz it's a fucking dump. Fuck that cold and fuck that wind and fuck those bullets

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Chicago cuz it's a fucking dump. Fuck that cold and fuck that wind and fuck those bullets

Chicago is infinitely better than Houston. Unless all you want to do is get fat and eat Chick Fil-a, in which case, yeah, Houston is better.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
you can eat chick-fil-A here plenty in fact you can probably come say hi to me reliably at the chick fil A in downtown chicago

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I didn't like Brussels because it's boring. Food was nice, people were friendly. Once you get beyond all the touristy spots though there is nothing of note. Boring town.

I didn't like Vegas because the faces of addiction are all over, and totally depressing. Slot jockeys who spend days at "their machine" homeless people who all have a story about how they lost it all. The city itself is fine I guess. But it's coated with a veneer of parties and fun that once you see the cracks you can't look away. Disgusting place.

There's a corner of northern Italy I love. Verona, lake Garda, all of that. But Rome, it's just too busy. Too much going on. Too many pick pockets. Too many people. Too much all at once. I love the quiet, laid back towns like Salo, Peschiera Del Garda, Malchesene, places full of folks who just like to take it easy. So I didn't enjoy Rome. But maybe I should go back and take a second look.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I didn't like Vegas because the faces of addiction are all over, and totally depressing. Slot jockeys who spend days at "their machine" homeless people who all have a story about how they lost it all. The city itself is fine I guess. But it's coated with a veneer of parties and fun that once you see the cracks you can't look away. Disgusting place.
Never been there, but this is exactly what I'd expect and assume especially being someone who would gravitate towards that side of life. Not sure if I'd thrive or die there. Regardless, the age of consent is 16, and its one of the cheapest flight tickets you can buy. Sounds great, huh!

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Chicago is infinitely better than Houston. Unless all you want to do is get fat and eat Chick Fil-a, in which case, yeah, Houston is better.

Even if you eat chick fila in Chicago you won't get fat cuz y'all are either running from the police or running from the dude that's running from the police.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
When I was sent to L.A. for work, we took a wrong turn and wound up in Compton. :eek:

Man come on, modern day Compton is not that bad at all. In the 80 and very early early 90 it was Thunderdome but I don't know what you saw in the here and now 1999 onward that gave you a life threatening impression that above anywhere else. Tell you what head on down to Panorama City in San Fernando Valley and you be thankful for Compton.

Nothing wrong with Compton. They have a Taco Bell / KFC combo restaurant out there that's built better than a bank. Those inch thick bullet proof glass that go from counter all the way up to the ceiling, tagged up restrooms that cost a quarter per use, and the food delivery system(they open door to small compartment, put tray in, press button to open door on your side to open and retreive food) ..........quite an experience.

That's Freckin standard issue in Detroit not Compton. Have you ever actually been to Compton because I lived there.

Last edited:

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
Hamilton, Ontario.

I hold my breath whenever I have to drive through that dump.