What's the worst city you've ever lived in or visited?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Great Falls, Montana. I lived there for 2 1/2 years. BORING. We were so bored that me and my friends would just lay around the fuckin yard and fall asleep and not realize what had just happened. The grass is always brown and there are like 5 trees in the whole city.

I'll never go back again unless the military sends me there. Even then i'd probably go AWOL.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
Great Falls, Montana. I lived there for 2 1/2 years. BORING. We were so bored that me and my friends would just lay around the fuckin yard and fall asleep and not realize what had just happened. The grass is always brown and there are like 5 trees in the whole city.

I'll never go back again unless the military sends me there. Even then i'd probably go AWOL.

lol I haven't been to Malmstrom AFB.

Missoula is awesome though.

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yeah where else would you hang out? orlando (tourist worldI)? panama city(redneck land)? kissimme (tourist worldII)? miami isn't good, but i dunno florida sucks as a whole. save for miami, destin, and a couple other places.

Fort Lauderdale, dude, it rocks. I was there for a month 5 years ago...best period of time in my life.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
it's been a few years sicne i've been there, but Chesapeake, VA was a huge fucking shithole.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
Lawrence, MA

Just a bad city, high crime rate alot of gang violence. Not a place you want to be walking alone out at night. I lived there for 13 years, in that time we had a car stolen many parts taken and our house was set on fire.

Where I live now is the complete opposite I love it here.

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
NGT said:
I played basketball at State Line Park and owned 3-4 big ass guys that just got out of jail, LOL! Talk about poor losers, LOL!

Crappiest place I've ever been? Naples train station in Italy :)

I agree, LOL. As I stepped down from the train, I felt I had arrived in Africa. We just had to wait a bit and take another train to Pompei (fucking awesome), but it seemed endless.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
ytown.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
I'm with Kim, Miami's got the class of Florida --not necessarily a place I enjoy more than others, but Orlando outside of Disneyland was pretty boring.

SNKJorge said:
Some parts in Sacramento, CA
specially North Highlands, very ugly.

You forgot "soulless" (which goes for most of Sactown, rich or poor)

and TonK's making a real push for winning this...

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
zapatistab said:
When I was sent to L.A. for work, we took a wrong turn and wound up in Compton. :eek:

Nothing wrong with Compton. They have a Taco Bell / KFC combo restaurant out there that's built better than a bank. Those inch thick bullet proof glass that go from counter all the way up to the ceiling, tagged up restrooms that cost a quarter per use, and the food delivery system(they open door to small compartment, put tray in, press button to open door on your side to open and retreive food) ..........quite an experience.

East LA ain't that bad either. Best fireworks I have ever seen, disneyland aint got shit on these guys. Best place to be on 4th of July, just dont try to leave at night because there's nothing better than tryign to drive out the neighborhood where every block there's 20+ folks in the road firing shit into the sky. Somtimes I think back as to why they got out of the road for me that night instead of dragging my asian ass out of my car and rob/kill me. Oh, and it's quite a sight eating at a burger joint there when a squad car pulls up and all the cholos are patted down.

Bobak said:
I've visited one of CA's more legendary spots: Trona. Still, with the Trona Pinnacles just outside town, it's not as awful as I imagine some of these places in the Northern Midwest that are surrounded by absolutely nothing.
I had no idea where that place is and just looked it up now...wow...looks more run down than that POS town Mojave. Then again, Mojave has that airport going for them and those small aerospace companies testing stuff out there. Mojave's the most rundown place I've ever been to. I need to travel more :crying:

aria

Former Moderator
eek said:
I had no idea where that place is and just looked it up now...wow...looks more run down than that POS town Mojave. Then again, Mojave has that airport going for them and those small aerospace companies testing stuff out there. Mojave's the most rundown place I've ever been to. I need to travel more :crying:

Mojave? Trust me, there's much worse. ;)

(hell, Lancaster is probably worse --it's Mojave with high crime; I used to drive from Bakersfield to Lancaster frequently and Mojave was on the way)

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Tonk is right Youngstown is a shithole, I don't even like driving by it on the interstate...

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
Mojave? Trust me, there's much worse. ;)

(hell, Lancaster is probably worse --it's Mojave with high crime; I used to drive from Bakersfield to Lancaster frequently and Mojave was on the way)

Stopped in Lancaster on the way to Mojave but didn't stay long enough for an impression of the place. I didn't find out that there's Section 8 housing there til a month or 2 ago, lovely.

Since you've driving around the area, I assume you've been to California City? How is that place? I know it's close to Mojave but since I went to Mojave for work related stuff, didn't have time to venture out there. Since Mojave aint that great, I assume Cali City cant be any better. My aunt bought land out in California City. She resides in Peabody, MA (20-30mins outside of Boston). She thinks that place will be the it place in california in the near future.....:oh_no:

aria

Former Moderator
eek said:
Since you've driving around the area, I assume you've been to California City? How is that place? I know it's close to Mojave but since I went to Mojave for work related stuff, didn't have time to venture out there. Since Mojave aint that great, I assume Cali City cant be any better. My aunt bought land out in California City. She resides in Peabody, MA (20-30mins outside of Boston). She thinks that place will be the it place in california in the near future.....:oh_no:

California City... oh boy. It's the town built by land speculators a while back hoping to create a new town in, what I assume they thought, would be like a California version of secluded Arizona. Problem is there's already an entire state or two like that. It might, one day, be a far exurb of the LA metro area --but it's a pretty big longshot for real estate investment; it ain't going to be the "it" place, ever. Just Google map it and you'll see it was overbuilt.

EDIT: Wikipedia has a decent history:
California City had its origins in 1958 when real estate developer and sociology professor Nat Mendelsohn purchased 80,000 acres of Mojave Desert land with the aim of master-planning California's next great city. He designed a model city, which he hoped would one day rival Los Angeles, around a Central Park with a 26-acre manmade lake. Growth did not happen quite as quickly as he expected. To this day a grid of crumbling paved roads, intended to lay out residential blocks, extends well beyond the developed area of the city. California City was incorporated in 1965.

Most recently, CHiPs star Erik Estrada has been promoting real estate property for California City in infomercials as spokesperson for National Recreation Properties.

At least it's not like the suckers who over-developed the Salton Sea before it turned stagnant.

Google map "Salton City, California" and you will see of the most godforsaken follies in history.

Last edited:

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
California City... oh boy. It's the town built by land speculators a while back hoping to create a new town in, what I assume they thought, would be like a California version of secluded Arizona. Problem is there's already an entire state or two like that. It might, one day, be a far exurb of the LA metro area --but it's a pretty big longshot for real estate investment; it ain't going to be the "it" place, ever. Just Google map it and you'll see it was overbuilt.

EDIT: Wikipedia has a decent history:

At least it's not like the suckers who over-developed the Salton Sea before it turned stagnant.

Google map "Salton City, California" and you will see of the most godforsaken follies in history.

Yeah, googled cali city before and the results were not pleasing on paper, just wanted the visual confirmation that it's shit. My aunt bought in 2-3 years ago and when she first told my family about it, every one of us gave her a blank look. I basically grew up in socal, and if I can't tell you I ever heard of the town...you really have no business investing in it. I wonder if she heard about California City via infomercials or something. I wonder who sold her that shit. Eric Estrada or the 2 fucking midgets.

Aunt tries to convince my mom and their other sisters to buy, saying how her and her daughter both own land out there, all paid for by their credit cards.......:oh_no: One of their sisters bought in.....and she resides in socal :oh_no:

An aunt from NYC was visiting and she was almost convinced...until she visited California City. She didnt even bother getting off the car, turned around and left.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
You can't really call scranton, pa a city because it's really not much of anything. Seriously there's nothing there, ugly piece of shit. Norfolk, va is a shithole. Sure va beach is nearby but va beach is pretty fucking lame too if you ask me. Pittsburgh sucks hardcore ass too, sorry lashujin, but you know it does. Cleveland is ugly, pretty much anywhere in ohio, never liked ohio and I've only ever met morons from the place. Where else?...Canada at niagra falls whatever that "city" is called. Touristy blah blah, I hate it. I'd have to pretty much say every "city" in pennsylvania, including philadelphia - I hate pennsylvania if you haven't figured it out.

edit: can't forget harrisburg! Fuck pennsylvania!

edit2: I live in state college, but that doesn't mean I like it.:smirk:

edit3: Sorry if I've offended anyone from ohio, this goes for people I've met in real life, not interweb.

Last edited:

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
68k said:
I'm sure Detroit will be listed in here. I've never been there personally.

You're lucky. Try living there for 18 years... :oh_no:

And Youngstown looks like the reference point for the cities depicted in at least 75% of the most uninspired games released from 2004 to 2006.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Korigama said:
You're lucky. Try living there for 18 years... :oh_no:

I live in Montgomery, AL, so I'm not catching too much of a break.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Being as under-travelled as I am, have to limit myself to California, specifically Southern California and San Francisco.

I'd say the worst I've seen are places like: Huntington Park, South El Monte, Compton, Inglewood, Panorama City, North Hills and all of the so called 'Inland Empire'.

I took the Metrorail a stop too far by accident and wound up stuck in Compton for 20 minutes one time. The people on the street were just running around screaming shit at each other. Like yelling to the people across the street. I felt like I was in an asylum.