What's the worst city you've ever lived in or visited?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
The worst i've seen has to be the perimeter of Washington, DC.

Runners up (in no order):

Montgomery, AL
Kansas City, KS
Paducah, KY
Albuquerque, NM
Jackson, MS

Last edited:

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Does the South suck that much? I've surfed several forums and most of Americans tell shit about the Southern states.

20 Year Member
Vlad said:
Does the South suck that much? I've surfed several forums and most of Americans tell shit about the Southern states.

Depends on the state.

Alabama and Mississippi are horrible.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
l_4e4dfcbedcf57f8157ca376478c8ebae.jpg

826628022_l.jpg

1060755772_l.jpg

1162627946_l.jpg

1313720856_l.jpg

20 Year Member
I'm sure Detroit will be listed in here. I've never been there personally.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
When I was sent to L.A. for work, we took a wrong turn and wound up in Compton. :eek:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
68k said:
Kansas City, KS

I played basketball at State Line Park and owned 3-4 big ass guys that just got out of jail, LOL! Talk about poor losers, LOL!

Crappiest place I've ever been? Naples train station in Italy :)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Are we talking about total Shitholes?

I'd run with the time that I got lost in Camden, NJ on my way to Jhendrix's crib.

But I hear that Camden has a nice Marina, Aquarium and Ampathereter.

I didn't see none of that....

Otherwise, I'd have to go with Scranton, PA.... Total shitlhole... It's like a southern Shithole, but up north.

aria

Former Moderator
I've visited one of CA's more legendary spots: Trona. Still, with the Trona Pinnacles just outside town, it's not as awful as I imagine some of these places in the Northern Midwest that are surrounded by absolutely nothing.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
DC man. once you leave the tourist traps you're caught in a huge ghetto with nothing but more and more ghetto til you get outta the town. at one point when i was using a restroom in the back of this run down restaurant (that was still in business) i figured that was it, i was going to get stabbed.

Vlad said:

and the south isn't bad, just avoid alabama and mississippi. and stick to new orleans, houston, dallas, austin, atlanta, and miami, and shit. major cities are good, and if you head out to the country it's not so bad as there's no one out there and the south at night in the country is a beautiful and relaxing bit. there are quite a bit of stupid people in the south, but no more than there are up north. miami is comparable to detroit in the sense that if you're on the bad part of town you will get shot. same with atlanta. dallas and houston have cleaned up a lot, and new orleans... well it used to be nice, now it's just a mess with no end in sight. austin and san antonio are pretty cool places austin is quite liberal and hippie-ish, and san antonio is just full of mexicans, their culture, and influence and a ton of history. the south isn't a bad place to live at all. people up north like to talk shit about it, but isn't that just as stupid and singleminded as the people they claim live down here (alabama) .

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
68k said:

personally i find parts of detroit really not that bad and it's a hell of a lot of fun in those few good areas. most boring city i've ever been is Streator, IL. fucking b-o-r-i-n-g.

worste place ever? i dunno...Canada?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
DC man. once you leave the tourist traps you're caught in a huge ghetto with nothing but more and more ghetto til you get outta the town. at one point when i was using a restroom in the back of this run down restaurant (that was still in business) i figured that was it, i was going to get stabbed.

and the south isn't bad, just avoid alabama and mississippi. and stick to new orleans, houston, dallas, austin, atlanta, and miami, and shit. major cities are good, and if you head out to the country it's not so bad as there's no one out there and the south at night in the country is a beautiful and relaxing bit. there are quite a bit of stupid people in the south, but no more than there are up north. miami is comparable to detroit in the sense that if you're on the bad part of town you will get shot. same with atlanta. dallas and houston have cleaned up a lot, and new orleans... well it used to be nice, now it's just a mess with no end in sight. austin and san antonio are pretty cool places austin is quite liberal and hippie-ish, and san antonio is just full of mexicans, their culture, and influence and a ton of history. the south isn't a bad place to live at all. people up north like to talk shit about it, but isn't that just as stupid and singleminded as the people they claim live down here (alabama) .

LOL Miami.

Yeah, lets hang out in the worst fucking city in Florida.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Walking around Mexico City wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but walking next to Soldiers with Machine Guns was a little uneasy. Not used to that here in the states.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
68k said:

I have been to Detroit several times and it is a shit hole. The airport is one of the worst I have been in as well.

Pretty much any where in Alabama I went, I thought was a shit hole as well. I went through Basic Training there as well as some other specialty trainings and visited several places. All were shit piles.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
LOL Miami.

Yeah, lets hang out in the worst fucking city in Florida.
yeah where else would you hang out? orlando (tourist worldI)? panama city(redneck land)? kissimme (tourist worldII)? miami isn't good, but i dunno florida sucks as a whole. save for miami, destin, and a couple other places.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Oakland, CA is pretty bad, it's a fucking zoo. Some parts in Sacramento, CA
specially North Highlands, very ugly.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
68k said:

Oh man, don't get me started :oh_no:

I love TonK's pics btw :lolz:

20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I have been to Detroit several times and it is a shit hole. The airport is one of the worst I have been in as well.

Pretty much any where in Alabama I went, I thought was a shit hole as well. I went through Basic Training there as well as some other specialty trainings and visited several places. All were shit piles.

You in the Air Force? I work on Maxwell AFB in Montgomery.

I second Kim_Kaphwan's mention of the outer "Perimeter" of DC, that owns Jackson, MS by a long shot.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:

Our airport has had a ton of remodeling done to it :angry:

20 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
Our airport has had a ton of remodeling done to it :angry:

Is it still called Wayne County Airport?