Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "It can't be done!!"

King of Typists

How come your parents even care about your gaming hobby? Sounds unbelievable to me.
    J'y gagne, dit le renard, ŕ cause de la couleur du blé...

Mais si elle l'aimait, elle n'était libre de rien.

凄いゲームを、連れて帰ろう。
    "NEO·GEO is the most important thing of unimportant things." - Fran

SHOCKbox Developer
    This reminds me of that radio commercial in GTA Vice City...
    -BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

Robert "Helmet" Patrick beh3moth's Avatar

40 and still at home with your parents??

Really, its time to lay the law down!!! If my mum was like that (even though i havent lived in the same house with her for like 10 years! LOL) I would just tell her to shut up!

Really what are they gonna do? Dock your pocket money?
    " I remember running around the lab that day showing it to everybody, saying 'Here, feel this! "

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Fake or not I already threw this together, show these pictures to your family (56K warning!): http://www.freewebs.com/danadamkof/CompvsSvid.html

Jello Pudding Pop
    Y'know? Like that whole Bill Crosby fad back in the 80s. Funny shit. Anyway...
    JUDGE DREDD W1LL D13!1!!

Don't tell me you're in Riverside NJ.

King of Typists

Anyway, RGB is the damn only way to enjoy NeoGeo period.
    J'y gagne, dit le renard, ŕ cause de la couleur du blé...

Mais si elle l'aimait, elle n'était libre de rien.

凄いゲームを、連れて帰ろう。
    "NEO·GEO is the most important thing of unimportant things." - Fran

GREAT NEWS!! My mom finally gave me the green light to send my AES to J. M. Kurtz so it can be Neo Bitzboard/ Svid/ Componet/ red LED modded!! All I got to do is get the money, and hope to ship exactly the RIGHT way to him, and hope it don't get lost in transit. (GULP!!!! )

Cool. Good for you. I was just about to post stating that your family are a bunch of dicks, but I'm glad the finally saw the light. The mod-job really does make a noticeable difference in image quality.
    Giving these peoples their airs since 2086.

mullet bullet Mark of the Wolves's Avatar

Good. This was still a very bizarre situation though.

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

nice job.

I was 15 when I got my cabinet, it took a lot of convincing just to get a neo in the house...

But you're 40 and your parents have that sort of control over you since you live there? Get that changed.

Hardened Shock Trooper
    Moreno Valley / Riverside, California. USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corkscrew
    It's NOT funny. Besides, all joking aside, on The Holy Bible, I am 40 years old.

Damn this shit is SAD....
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

Baseball Star Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by OlderGames
    Damn this shit is SAD....
    agreed...
    seriously... you need to move out of your parents' house... get a studio apartment at least... I'm less than half of the age you claim to be, and I'm probably less than a year from moving out (all mentally prepared... just need to find a place in my price range). 40 is just sad to live with your parents... unless they're like 90 and bedridden, and you are the only person who can help them out (which this doesn't sound like to me).

Be sure to check out my collection page!
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthug
    Thats ahem, peach yogurt i swear!

New Challenger

Good thing that's all taken care of, cuz like everyone else has pretty much already said, this situation had cruized past "sad" about 80 miles back and was just about to crash into "beyond pathetic" territory...

Seriously man, what's with the parental dictatorship going on in your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Omega
    Good thing that's all taken care of, cuz like everyone else has pretty much already said, this situation had cruized past "sad" about 80 miles back and was just about to crash into "beyond pathetic" territory...

Seriously man, what's with the parental dictatorship going on in your house?
    They claim they only want what's best for me.....but as for the rest, it's a long story. Go figure. Back in the 50's, when it comes to your folks, even if you're my age (like me) or so, to them, you stay a child for a long time. Even today, some act like the ones that acted back in say, 1954.

Quote Originally Posted by Shito
    Anyway, RGB is the damn only way to enjoy NeoGeo period.
    Is that the same as component?

I wish I really were French super-saiya-jin's Avatar

icon22.gif

Is that the same as component?
    You still in junior high?

New Challenger

They claim they only want what's best for me.....but as for the rest, it's a long story. Go figure. Back in the 50's, when it comes to your folks, even if you're my age (like me) or so, to them, you stay a child for a long time. Even today, some act like the ones that acted back in say, 1954.
    I'm just saying, why are you still there to take it? I mean, respect of your parents' wishes are one thing, but even you have to admit yourself this isn't generally the way a coherent 40 year old has their life established. Are you caring for them because they are disabled somehow or else why haven't you moved out on your own?

Lazy SNK Employee

Do you even have a job?
    -My Ever Faithful 2002 Team-

They won't 'low me to get a job, on account of they're overprotective of me. True, I had a medium education for a job, but I left school in 81 due to excessive brutality laid on me on a minor basis. I try to get a job, regardless, even try to set up my own business, but without fail, my family talk me out of it. If I won a lot of moeny, I'd buy my own place (not to mention buy my folks their own dream ranch house) and move out, but until then...... Most parents can be that way sometimes.

Hardened Shock Trooper
    Moreno Valley / Riverside, California. USA

They won't 'low me to get a job, on account of they're overprotective of me. True, I had a medium education for a job, but I left school in 81 due to excessive brutality laid on me on a minor basis. I try to get a job, regardless, even try to set up my own business, but without fail, my family talk me out of it. If I won a lot of moeny, I'd buy my own place (not to mention buy my folks their own dream ranch house) and move out, but until then...... Most parents can be that way sometimes.
    OMFG! U JOKING?!
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

Baseball Star Hitter

I'm sorry to say this, but I've told a buddy at work your situation, and we agree that you must be just about the most pathetic person we have ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffmonger
    I'm sorry to say this, but I've told a buddy at work your situation, and we agree that you must be just about the most pathetic person we have ever heard of.
    Stuffmonger, if anyone's the most pathetic, it's my family's overprotectiveness, not me. If you were in my shoes, you'd understand what I've been up against during my 40 years. But I am still, in the words of the late Dusty Springfield, whishin and hoping for my chance to make money and move out, not in that order, i think. I am waiting for opportunity to come, one way or another, eh?

OlderGames, no, I ain't joking @ all. In Priscilla Presley's book, Elvis & Me, her old man was an ULTRA STRICT mean man and disciplinarian.

Max Omega, don't you worry 'bout a thing. My time will come somehow.

super-saiya-jin, I was, in '81.

Baseball Star Hitter

If you're not pathetic, take charge of your own life. Do things for yourself. What are you going to do when your parents can't support you? No matter how overprotective they may be, 40 years is WAY too long to live with your parents.

Mickey's Coach

trolls?

I wish I really were French super-saiya-jin's Avatar

if anyone's the most pathetic, it's my family's overprotectiveness, not me. If you were in my shoes, you'd understand what I've been up against during my 40 years. But I am still, in the words of the late Dusty Springfield, whishin and hoping for my chance to make money and move out, not in that order, i think. I am waiting for opportunity to come, one way or another, eh?
    Im gonna tell you something very wise that my father told me when i was depressed a few years ago. I call it "the law of the 4 G's". It works when you're depressed, pissed etc etc

1)Get a job - stop scrounging off your parents and do something that will make you feel independant

2)Go out with some friends and do what your generation does this day and age - PARTAAAY!!!

3)Get Hammerd' - enjoy yourself

4)Get laid - it'll boost your confidence

Enjoy my good man

Thread Information