"It can't be done!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
How come your parents even care about your gaming hobby? Sounds unbelievable to me.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This reminds me of that radio commercial in GTA Vice City...
-BB

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
40 and still at home with your parents??

Really, its time to lay the law down!!! If my mum was like that (even though i havent lived in the same house with her for like 10 years! LOL) I would just tell her to shut up!

Really what are they gonna do? Dock your pocket money?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Anyway, RGB is the damn only way to enjoy NeoGeo period.

Jonathan

"Corky"
GREAT NEWS!! My mom finally gave me the green light to send my AES to J. M. Kurtz so it can be Neo Bitzboard/ Svid/ Componet/ red LED modded!! All I got to do is get the money, and hope to ship exactly the RIGHT way to him, and hope it don't get lost in transit. (GULP!!!! :eek: )

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Cool. Good for you. I was just about to post stating that your family are a bunch of dicks, but I'm glad the finally saw the light. The mod-job really does make a noticeable difference in image quality.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
nice job.

I was 15 when I got my cabinet, it took a lot of convincing just to get a neo in the house...

But you're 40 and your parents have that sort of control over you since you live there? Get that changed.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
OlderGames said:
Damn this shit is SAD....
agreed...
seriously... you need to move out of your parents' house... get a studio apartment at least... I'm less than half of the age you claim to be, and I'm probably less than a year from moving out (all mentally prepared... just need to find a place in my price range). 40 is just sad to live with your parents... unless they're like 90 and bedridden, and you are the only person who can help them out (which this doesn't sound like to me).

Max Omega

n00b
Good thing that's all taken care of, cuz like everyone else has pretty much already said, this situation had cruized past "sad" about 80 miles back and was just about to crash into "beyond pathetic" territory...

Seriously man, what's with the parental dictatorship going on in your house?

Jonathan

"Corky"
Max Omega said:
Good thing that's all taken care of, cuz like everyone else has pretty much already said, this situation had cruized past "sad" about 80 miles back and was just about to crash into "beyond pathetic" territory...

Seriously man, what's with the parental dictatorship going on in your house?
They claim they only want what's best for me.....but as for the rest, it's a long story. Go figure. Back in the 50's, when it comes to your folks, even if you're my age (like me) or so, to them, you stay a child for a long time. Even today, some act like the ones that acted back in say, 1954.

Max Omega

n00b
Corkscrew said:
They claim they only want what's best for me.....but as for the rest, it's a long story. Go figure. Back in the 50's, when it comes to your folks, even if you're my age (like me) or so, to them, you stay a child for a long time. Even today, some act like the ones that acted back in say, 1954.

I'm just saying, why are you still there to take it? I mean, respect of your parents' wishes are one thing, but even you have to admit yourself this isn't generally the way a coherent 40 year old has their life established. Are you caring for them because they are disabled somehow or else why haven't you moved out on your own?

Jonathan

"Corky"
They won't 'low me to get a job, on account of they're overprotective of me. True, I had a medium education for a job, but I left school in 81 due to excessive brutality laid on me on a minor basis. I try to get a job, regardless, even try to set up my own business, but without fail, my family talk me out of it. If I won a lot of moeny, I'd buy my own place (not to mention buy my folks their own dream ranch house) and move out, but until then...... Most parents can be that way sometimes.

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Corkscrew said:
They won't 'low me to get a job, on account of they're overprotective of me. True, I had a medium education for a job, but I left school in 81 due to excessive brutality laid on me on a minor basis. I try to get a job, regardless, even try to set up my own business, but without fail, my family talk me out of it. If I won a lot of moeny, I'd buy my own place (not to mention buy my folks their own dream ranch house) and move out, but until then...... Most parents can be that way sometimes.

OMFG! U JOKING?! :rolleyes: :oh_no:

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm sorry to say this, but I've told a buddy at work your situation, and we agree that you must be just about the most pathetic person we have ever heard of.

Jonathan

"Corky"
stuffmonger said:
I'm sorry to say this, but I've told a buddy at work your situation, and we agree that you must be just about the most pathetic person we have ever heard of.

Stuffmonger, if anyone's the most pathetic, it's my family's overprotectiveness, not me. If you were in my shoes, you'd understand what I've been up against during my 40 years. But I am still, in the words of the late Dusty Springfield, whishin and hoping for my chance to make money and move out, not in that order, i think. I am waiting for opportunity to come, one way or another, eh? :cool:

OlderGames, no, I ain't joking @ all. In Priscilla Presley's book, Elvis & Me, her old man was an ULTRA STRICT mean man and disciplinarian.

Max Omega, don't you worry 'bout a thing. My time will come somehow.

super-saiya-jin, I was, in '81.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
If you're not pathetic, take charge of your own life. Do things for yourself. What are you going to do when your parents can't support you? No matter how overprotective they may be, 40 years is WAY too long to live with your parents.

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
Corkscrew said:
if anyone's the most pathetic, it's my family's overprotectiveness, not me. If you were in my shoes, you'd understand what I've been up against during my 40 years. But I am still, in the words of the late Dusty Springfield, whishin and hoping for my chance to make money and move out, not in that order, i think. I am waiting for opportunity to come, one way or another, eh? :cool:

Im gonna tell you something very wise that my father told me when i was depressed a few years ago. I call it "the law of the 4 G's". It works when you're depressed, pissed etc etc

1)Get a job - stop scrounging off your parents and do something that will make you feel independant

2)Go out with some friends and do what your generation does this day and age - PARTAAAY!!!

3)Get Hammerd' - enjoy yourself

4)Get laid - it'll boost your confidence

Enjoy my good man

Status
Not open for further replies.