To the 3 people that make MVS inserts

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I miss those days/nights of pumping out inserts like a mad man. Nice to see someone else picking up the slack. Nice work!

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
what the hell, i'll throw out some requests of inserts i'd like to see with a "fresh" look...

leauge bowling
world heroes
super sidekicks 2
ninja commando
neo turfmasters
alpha mission ii
street hoop (no offense Xian, actual photo insert just doesn't grab me)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have to say, God damn it with a rush!! Excellent work, the 2 links for screenshots and hi-res art are excellent, you defenately have the tools friend.

I'm gonna give it a shot, and I'll post some work soon, what's the best resolution to post at the forum 640x480? I'll make them 300dpi at less you think is worth going higher than that, thanks for the input and the creativity.

Xian Xi said:
Also added these 2:

2020 Super Baseball:

Futsal, just reworked Chris' insert:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You pretty much NAILED that 2020..
too bad the gameplay is not at the pace of Baseball Stars 2. We needed one more Baseball Title.. I'm sure it would have been great...
BB

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
You pretty much NAILED that 2020..
too bad the gameplay is not at the pace of Baseball Stars 2. We needed one more Baseball Title.. I'm sure it would have been great...
BB

I always wondered what a Baseball Stars 3 would have been like. I mean the difference between 1 and 2 were ridiculous in the fun department.

Hey Bear,

No Breakers Revenge Scans?

@electric grave: I usually change the width to 600 with constrain on and save it as a jpeg for previews.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
@electric grave: I usually change the width to 600 with constrain on and save it as a jpeg for previews.
My first for the classiest game ever!!

The size after flattening the image, and saving it as a pdf via zip is 15.2MB, is there anyway to make this smaller?, I already try to rar/zip it, but it doesn't get any smaller.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
change the quality level from 12 to 10 when you save as a pdf.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
change the quality level from 12 to 10 when you save as a pdf.
Thanks it worked like a charm!

I added a fade on the spine for blending.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm just going to stick with full frontals of games I haven't seen done yet.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
I'm just going to stick with full frontals of games I haven't seen done yet.

I like this one but remove the title from the front and back and the front meg box and it will be perfect.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
I like this one but remove the title from the front and back and the front meg box and it will be perfect.
Thanks, I made the mistake of flattening and saving it, so I would have to do it form scratch again. I'll get to it though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OK reworked AOF, and did justice to the frontal layout that everyone has been using. I'm still new at this so bear with me. I'll be reworking 3 Count Bout soon.

ABMVSInsertArtofFightingFinal.jpg

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
OK reworked AOF, and did justice to the frontal layout that everyone has been using. I'm still new at this so bear with me. I'll be reworking 3 Count Bout soon.

Very Nice!

Cheers,
Ben

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
le geek said:
Very Nice!

Cheers,
Ben
Thanks man, coming from someone with your rep means a lot.

Originally Posted by Xian Xi

I reworked 3 Count Bout, thanks for the input.
ABMVSInsert3CountBout.jpg

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Both those inserts are excellent. Aside from your hobby with drawing and such, do you do graphics/layout for a job at all?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
Both those inserts are excellent. Aside from your hobby with drawing and such, do you do graphics/layout for a job at all?

Nah...I wish!

I learned by messing around with photoshop while trying to color scans of my drawings, it's all trial and error up the ying yang.

I kind of learn things on my own when I want something really bad, same goes for my other hobbies, what I love about the MVS scene the most is that you get to do everything from scratch the way you want it, kind of like editing your own collection.

I have to say the internet is a wonderfull tool for all this work, I don't think I could do half of the stuff I do without research and other folks examples who've done things like these previously.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know I'm posting like a whore, but hell I need some input with this, I need good screenshots.

On a nother note, Xian Xi, how do you apply the effect on a layer that looks streched/blended on to another one?, I know is hard to explain, but I hope you know what I mean.

I don't want to make the cover bigger, because I want the player with the ball at the bottom and the gleam of the cup at the top, also I want to keep the cover at proportionate size.
ABMVSInsertSuperSidekicks2.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you mean the fading look its called a gradient. You need to create a layer mask on the layer you want to fade and then choose the gradient tool which is in the same spot as the paint bucket. Then just set a start point and end point for the fade by clicking and dragging.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
If you mean the fading look its called a gradient. You need to create a layer mask on the layer you want to fade and then choose the gradient tool which is in the same spot as the paint bucket. Then just set a start point and end point for the fade by clicking and dragging.
I've used gradients before, but I've never used vector masks, I'll give it a shot thanks!:)

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
electricgrave said:

that's gonna cross one off my list electric...are you looking to put screen shots on the back cover? any wording at all? overall layout of that looks nice, i like it a lot but would also like to see the previously mentioned incorporated as well...i guess it's easy to be a critic. just an opinion.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
jonny419 said:
that's gonna cross one off my list electric...are you looking to put screen shots on the back cover? any wording at all? overall layout of that looks nice, i like it a lot but would also like to see the previously mentioned incorporated as well...i guess it's easy to be a critic. just an opinion.
It's a WIP. Like I wrote, I need good screenshots, I don't have any good ones, and the website with the vga screenshots don't have this game in their library.

I'll be doing all the words letter by letter of the original insert.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
coolness electric....electric coolness :spock:
feel free to full frontal any of these, i would appriciate it...

leauge bowling
world heroes
ninja commando
neo turfmasters
alpha mission ii
street hoop

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
jonny419 said:
coolness electric....electric coolness :spock:
feel free to full frontal any of these, i would appriciate it...

leauge bowling
world heroes
ninja commando
neo turfmasters
alpha mission ii
street hoop
Ninja commando, Street Hoop, World Heroes and League of Bowling are on my list, so you'll see them soon, ASOII and Neo Turf Masters have beautiful full frontals at Southtown.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
No love for the full frontals of League Bowling and Neo Turf? :crying:

Heh,
Ben