Neo Turf Masters......Advanced Controls

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I am just making sure everyone knows about the backspin and topspin options in the game. All the reviews I read mentioned nothing of them so I want to make sure I am not the only one who knows about them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
After you press A to set your power hold DOWN for backspin and UP for topspin, keep holding it until after you set your trajectory(angle).

e careful with the German guy because his backspin is pretty vicious.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Thanks for the tips Xian Xi....i never knew how to do this..:buttrock:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Great!

My room mates really appreciated this knowledge too!:)

tony starks

Starks is always out.
I am pretty sure that this also applies to the Neo Geo Pocket version.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes it does! Man "Los Turfes" is one hell of a game. Pretty heated competition here from time to time. Man you gotta love XX's threads, there's always something good in them.

Tony! Long time no see Avenger! btw; the movie turned out great, I hope they don't ruin mine too much.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
What other great 2D golf games are there? Would you classify Neo Turf as one of the best from the 16 bit era?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Defenately! There's a game very similar to "Los Turfes", man! I think is called skins or some shenanigans like that. Top playesr Golf is cool too, a bit mundane, but it's way harder than NTM, so maybe you might like it, if you can get pass the fugly factor.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Thanks, XX didn't even know about that!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Eagle Shot Golf is great as well, iirc made by the same team that made Neo Turf.

buster_broon

The Rock,
obviously this may negate the MVS users unless its on the Marquee/flyer

but this is in the manual under shots and putts - how is it a big secret!!!!!

DSC02769.jpg

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
obviously this may negate the MVS users unless its on the Marquee/flyer

but this is in the manual under shots and putts - how is it a big secret!!!!!

Not on the flyers or mini marquee for MVS users. So thanks Xian Xi. :) I've played NTM's with a buddy for a couple of weeks now and never new that. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Damn, I thought it was an easter egg type thing. So it's been in the NGCD manual this whole time? Nucking Futs man.

bwodie

Another Striker
I have been doing the spin for a while but do you guys at all find it can be pretty random?
I try and do back spin and sometimes it goes the other bloody way

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Damn, I thought it was an easter egg type thing. So it's been in the NGCD manual this whole time? Nucking Futs man.
Seems kind of big to be a secret, doesn't it? Thanks for mentioning this though. I don't think I ever knew about it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have been doing the spin for a while but do you guys at all find it can be pretty random?
I try and do back spin and sometimes it goes the other bloody way

Always comes out right for me.

arcadematt

Quiz Detective
Never new you could do that. If your looking for other golf games Konami's Golfing Greats and Irem's Major Title 1 and 2 are worth a mention. Both Jamma PCB's (Joystick control)

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Yes it does! Man "Los Turfes" is one hell of a game. Pretty heated competition here from time to time. Man you gotta love XX's threads, there's always something good in them.
"
Tony! Long time no see Avenger! btw; the movie turned out great, I hope they don't ruin mine too much.

Hey Avenger, yeah long time, how you doing brother? yeah Ironman was cool, they better not ruin yours or I will be pissed. "Los Turfes" huh I like that, I am gonna call Turf Masters that from now on :buttrock:

Avengers Assemble!

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Good to finally know this. Should hopefully improve my game. :D

J

Janderclander

Hello everyone

I love this game but there is one thing I was never able to find out.
On the player statistics, what is recovery? I think the German guy is definitely the best by miles with excellent driving, accuracy and putting, which are the three main ones you would need on every shot. Skill I assume is the ability for "hook and slice" but I rarely use it. And then we have "recovery". Is this really important? Otherwise I cannot think of a reason to not choose the German player.

Thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Recovery usually refers to the hitting accuracy when striking from the rough. The higher the recovery rating the better they are at recovering after a bad shot that went into the rough.

buster_broon

The Rock,
Recovery usually refers to the hitting accuracy when striking from the rough. The higher the recovery rating the better they are at recovering after a bad shot that went into the rough.

i think it takes into account the shot meter

better recovery means you have more blue than red on all clubs compared with another golfer, so it means even in dire circumstances you will have a better chance to hit a more perfect shot

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think that I'm gonna start wearing one of them golf gloves so I can step it up on my skill, just to be able to keep up with busted...and here I thought I was decent man was I wrong, but I'm getting there, sometimes I can pull some real beautiful shots.