Neo Turf Masters......Advanced Controls

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I have been doing the spin for a while but do you guys at all find it can be pretty random?
I try and do back spin and sometimes it goes the other bloody way

I've had this happen also. Sometimes with a backspin the ball will spin left or right instead of back. I know I've seen it with some golfers more then others. It has even happened on a flat green with - grain so the green layout can't be causing it as much as I would think.

Could someone explain to me how they are reading the grain meter. I'm not sure if I'm reading it right and since I'm playing on MVS with no flyer or instructions, I have nothing to reference.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The arrow show which direction the hill is going downward.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
The arrow show which direction the hill is going downward.

Thanks. Is it showing you from your balls current placement in relation to the hole or always from the front of the green facing the hole regardless of ball placement?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This is the coolest thing Since I learned that pressing A+B on NES Gun.Smoke makes you shoot straight ahead.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Grain isn't the same thing as slope though, don't confuse them. Grain will not affect your ball as much as a hill on the green will. It more tells you to compensate a bit in that direction, and that the ball will pick up speed moving in that particular direction.

I.E. - If you're putting with the grain, your ball will move faster than if you are putting against it.

On the topic of spin, I find it to be somewhat random at times too. In fact, yesterday I was on hole 13 or 14 of Australia and I used the spin to try and roll the ball forward, but it ended up being fucking backspin and spinning me off of the damn green entirely. Lost a whole stroke b/c of that :mad::mad::mad::mad:

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
From your ball's perspective.

That helps, I was reading it wrong and thinking it was from the front of the green. My buddy and I were playing and he asked me "hey what do those arrows mean?" I told him, "I don't know. Has to do with slope of the green, just putt in the opposite direction of the arrows slightly" :lol:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya, grain is just the direction the grass grain is facing. If the grain is facing your ball then you have to compensate by hitting it harder. But there is no grain in NTM, just slope but they might call it grain.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Wake me up when they get this game working with a trackball.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I bought this game today and i love it i knew it from the arcade and this thread was very helpfull,thanx everyone.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ya, grain is just the direction the grass grain is facing. If the grain is facing your ball then you have to compensate by hitting it harder. But there is no grain in NTM, just slope but they might call it grain.
Wait a minute sally! I'm pretty sure that you have grain and slope in "los turfes. The arrows were the grain is facing affects your shot gradually depending on distance. The slopes are there too, as you know they can be very unforgiving.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Damn. I saw the necro-bumped NTM thread and thought EG was back. Oh well :(

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Mind Blown. Now I need to fire this cart up and play a few holes.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Another unapparent feature is that selecting a character or course with A+B+C randomizes the selection. (or more easily, holding B+C while pressing A)

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
That's awesome! Never knew about this. I love finding out about new stuff in old games. I remember when i found the move list for Top Hunter and it was like i just bought a whole new game. I'll give this a shot today. Thanks!