The World of Warcraft thread 2.0

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
At least wait until you're working again.

If you start playing now, with all that free time you may overdo it and never work again.

Hahaha.

I was just curious.

Don't worry i'm not THAT irresponsible.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So how crowded is the Death Knight area on your server?

It was definitely crowded, but I was able to clear the area in under 3 hours. A lot of really FUN quests are had there.

I (mistakenly) thought if you had a level 55 char on a realm, you could make a DK on any realm, however you have to have a 55 on THAT realm in order to do it. I was going to make one on Bleeding Hollow but now realize that I'm going to have to put in some time on another toon to do it (boooooo).

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
It was definitely crowded, but I was able to clear the area in under 3 hours. A lot of really FUN quests are had there.

I (mistakenly) thought if you had a level 55 char on a realm, you could make a DK on any realm, however you have to have a 55 on THAT realm in order to do it. I was going to make one on Bleeding Hollow but now realize that I'm going to have to put in some time on another toon to do it (boooooo).

I made my Death Knight on Argent Dawn.

The class is so awesome. I think I am just about done with their starting zone, based on the quest I just finished. I'm just a hair from level 58. The amount of XP you get for those quests is sick.

I'm trying out Blood spec first.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I made my Death Knight on Argent Dawn.

The class is so awesome. I think I am just about done with their starting zone, based on the quest I just finished. I'm just a hair from level 58. The amount of XP you get for those quests is sick.

I'm trying out Blood spec first.

Blood is good for life taping, but the sheer amount of dps and aoe grinding from unholy makes for faster leveling imo. I'm level 58 right now, and I've tanked 5 level 60s with no problem. It's almost sick how powerful this class is, and makes me wonder if they balance out at later levels because at this level, they're extremely OP. I fucking like it, though.

Being able to death grip the alliances going for their achievements in hellfire into the horde base and have guards beat on them is so fun. Fucking LOVE death grip.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Blood is good for life taping, but the sheer amount of dps and aoe grinding from unholy makes for faster leveling imo. I'm level 58 right now, and I've tanked 5 level 60s with no problem. It's almost sick how powerful this class is, and makes me wonder if they balance out at later levels because at this level, they're extremely OP. I fucking like it, though.

Being able to death grip the alliances going for their achievements in hellfire into the horde base and have guards beat on them is so fun. Fucking LOVE death grip.

Wouldn't you expect them to be completely owned by crowd control, though? Do they have any methods to escape them?

That would be a pretty good way to balance them PvP wise, but considering Ret pally and mage just became the best 2v2 combo, I'm not holding my breath for "balance" in a Blizzard game.

Then again, I already quit.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just stared a 10 day trial, cause Blizzard sent me it in the mail.

I died within the first 20 seconds and became a ghost.

I almost threw my mouse at my monitor.

I'll play it a bit more. What should I do first?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I just stared a 10 day trial, cause Blizzard sent me it in the mail.

I died within the first 20 seconds and became a ghost.

I almost threw my mouse at my monitor.

I'll play it a bit more. What should I do first?

First, I would recommend reading this guide.

I know there's a lot to look over there, but if you've not played many MMO's this will help you get started.

If you have more questions, you can always look for me on Argent Dawn.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
First, I would recommend reading this guide.

I know there's a lot to look over there, but if you've not played many MMO's this will help you get started.

If you have more questions, you can always look for me on Argent Dawn.

I'm on Argent Dawn. Started a Rogue Night Elf. What name are you playing under? Is it easy to find people in this? My character's name is RBjake.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I'm on Argent Dawn. Started a Rogue Night Elf. What name are you playing under? Is it easy to find people in this? My character's name is RBjake.

My two current characters on Argent Dawn: Osprey, Thoergrim. I may also be moving my 70 back there at some point.

Finding people is easy, just add my character names to your friends list. It will let you know when I come online.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Ugh, I just got my dk to 70. Now the hell begins..
70 already? jeez

I tried out a dk for shits n giggles and they seemed really fun, I'm really kinda torn right now on whether I wanna lvl one as main now.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member

Christ, I just hit 71 with my main last night.

I did see 72-74 DK's though. You people have a tolerance for grinding that I do not. I guess that's why I'm on the more casual side. I do 20 quests in a row and that pretty much finishes me off for one night.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Christ, I just hit 71 with my main last night.

I did see 72-74 DK's though. You people have a tolerance for grinding that I do not. I guess that's why I'm on the more casual side. I do 20 quests in a row and that pretty much finishes me off for one night.

I think the tolerance comes from the fact that the DKs start at 55. Everything is still new and fresh. I'm still learning things about my DK. By the time other classes reach 55 they already have themselves on autopilot. I'm having a blast, and it doesn't seem like "work" at all, even though the guild I'm in is kicking everybody who's not 80 by the 28th.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Make 80 with the DK yet Wes? Just hit it with mine a few hours ago. God, my crit rate has gone to hell.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Just wondered if anyone is playing again, and on what servers.

I've been messing around with the game again casually, but what I really want to do is level Horde. Anyone playing Horde these days?

I haven't been playing regularly lately, but I helped run a guild on Dalaran from launch through Litch King and my officer friends and I formed a small 10 man guild.

We gave up on large scale play and formed a uber guild for 10 man play, if you are interested.

We're alliance though..

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Just wondered if anyone is playing again, and on what servers.

I've been messing around with the game again casually, but what I really want to do is level Horde. Anyone playing Horde these days?

been thinking about starting up again....must fight it..........

blitzball

n00b
I'm glad I unsubscribe to WoW. I used to play it all night and day. But after awhile of that I'm just burnt out. Blizzard sent an e-mail to me about a free 7 day pass to WoW. They also mentioned something about a free pet that went along with it. Anyway I'm happy to out of it. Also i personally like the http://www.wow-pro.com/ guides to leveling.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
the game is crap now.

best time is the pre 60 era

now every monkey roundabout with epics.