The World of Warcraft thread 2.0

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
Raiding sucks (Wipes on Moroes=fail). Arena sucks (Why do 1350 rated teams have full Merciless gear?). The endgame, in general, sucks real bad. Everything is so gear dependant in this game, it makes me sick.

So I started a new character. Leveling IS fun.

I enjoy raiding actually, a good Karazhan group can be fun if you stretch it into a couple of shorter sessions across two nights instead of one long run. I've had my key for a few weeks now I think and I love the atmosphere so far. I have yet to get any serious loots from there yet though..

As for arena, I don't even know why I still bother doing it. I was removed from the 3v3 team I was on (long story), and I quit the 5v5 team which sucked anyway. So I formed a 2v2 with a friend and in the 2 weeks we've played we got owned hardcore. Our rating Went from 1500 to 1400 in the first week, then down to 1300 and some change this week. With a rating so low I wonder why we're fighting such good teams? Also, I feel Hunters are gimped in arena combat anyway, but that's a whole other post in itself.

I started an alt Warrior awhile back and just started leveling her again recently. I'm setting little goals right now, rather than just aim for 70 I'm currently gunning for 30. I have a feeling it may be my new main in a month or two. I've been playing a Hunter for a long time and I'm kind of burned out by the class.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I was going to bump the other thread, but it would be kind of pointless since neobuyer doesn't play anymore. It's just me and Buro on Argent Dawn now. :crying:

Anyway, who is still playing, and if so, what are you working on?

The guild I'm in now has Kara on farm, we're just trying to get some people geared for Gruul's and some of the other harder raids. I've started working on my warrior again after a long hiatus, and just hit 50 with her. I need to start working on a healer too I guess. My goal is to have dps, tank and healer to 70 by WotLK, and have at least two of them fully geared.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I still dabble with the game seeing as I have some friends on a server, but I mainly use it as a time killer with an IM program in it. All that is on that server is a semi pvp geared hunter and a mid 60s shaman that will likely never see anything worthwhile. I have kinda gotten tired of the game itself since it doesn't currently offer that much unless you want to do higher end pvp and the pvp is beyond broken and heavily abused. I mean, I could do kara, but why? I can get items more regularly and of higher quality much of the time just by dicking around in arena if I tried. As a side note, season 2 junk is about to be tossed in as a replacement for season 1 for BGs points rewards. Great for my shaman if he makes it I guess. That gear is a lot more attractive than the season 1.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Asmoday said:
I still dabble with the game seeing as I have some friends on a server, but I mainly use it as a time killer with an IM program in it. All that is on that server is a semi pvp geared hunter and a mid 60s shaman that will likely never see anything worthwhile. I have kinda gotten tired of the game itself since it doesn't currently offer that much unless you want to do higher end pvp and the pvp is beyond broken and heavily abused. I mean, I could do kara, but why? I can get items more regularly and of higher quality much of the time just by dicking around in arena if I tried. As a side note, season 2 junk is about to be tossed in as a replacement for season 1 for BGs points rewards. Great for my shaman if he makes it I guess. That gear is a lot more attractive than the season 1.

If you come at it looking at just the gear, I think you will walk away disappointed. I like running Kara, Gruuls, TK and the like for the experience itself. Don't get me wrong, I like getting gear as well, but I'm there for the experience, the teamwork and the camaraderie.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Ghost-Dog said:
I was going to bump the other thread, but it would be kind of pointless since neobuyer doesn't play anymore. It's just me and Buro on Argent Dawn now. :crying:

Anyway, who is still playing, and if so, what are you working on?

The guild I'm in now has Kara on farm, we're just trying to get some people geared for Gruul's and some of the other harder raids. I've started working on my warrior again after a long hiatus, and just hit 50 with her. I need to start working on a healer too I guess. My goal is to have dps, tank and healer to 70 by WotLK, and have at least two of them fully geared.
<--DING 55.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
God damn, son. You sure you aren't paying some farmer to level your account while you sleep?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i have all my t4 except the chest. no reason to farm mag since we were already on t5 stuff, and i had my fsw robe. i wanted it though since it looks cool.

my pvp gear is pretty funny. ~80 resilience, mostly greens of stamina, and other shit like that. :emb:

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
I guess I should post that I just started playing this game about a week ago. This is basically my first "real" MMO, not counting the time I spent playing Guild Wars and I currently have a lv. 18 Human Warlock on the Cairn server. I'm surprised I didn't get into this game earlier since its pretty fun, and luckily I'm in a pretty good guild where the members are not comprised of 12 year olds.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
not sonic said:
i have all my t4 except the chest. no reason to farm mag since we were already on t5 stuff, and i had my fsw robe. i wanted it though since it looks cool.

my pvp gear is pretty funny. ~80 resilience, mostly greens of stamina, and other shit like that. :emb:

I snagged my t4 gloves tonight. :cool:

Eric

Fight On!,
I always see these threads and think about playing again. (Highest I ever leveled was a 43 or something rogue.)

I hope Warhammer Online comes out soon so I can have an outlet for these feelings. :emb:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Eric said:
I hope Warhammer Online comes out soon so I can have an outlet for these feelings. :emb:

Pushed to fall/winter of this year.

Check out the preorder deal on WAR, the Collector's Edition is looking pretty sweet. Lots of exclusive stuff plus a guaranteed spot in the open beta.

Eric

Fight On!,
Lord Yamazaki/Goenitz and I are so fucking there as soon as we decide whether to go Order or Chaos (Destruction now?) :D

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Eric said:
Lord Yamazaki/Goenitz and I are so fucking there as soon as we decide whether to go Order or Chaos (Destruction now?) :D
Arthas is my new neo-geo nickname :D

And I'm actually glad the game got pushed back some, I don't think I could be playing it right now much for various reasons. I'll definitely try to be there for the release date tho ;)

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I'm not sure how many forum members will be playing WAR, but we definitely need to make sure we all roll on the same server with this one.

Back on topic, I am halfway to my badge goal to get the new Shattered Sun faction crossbow.. :drool_2:

LuxorMalenkov

New Challenger
I've been playing wow off and on since the early weekend trials (way way back)

Currently leveling up a priest with my girlfriend's warrior.

Current Characters
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Lunaka
Note: This char was resto during raids, so my feral gear is terrible.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Lunasa
Never really raided with this one, but still alot of fun. I've leveled 3 warriors to level cap >.>

New Priesty
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Alimora

Sarah's Chars
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Lunata
Old Druid
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Alimara
New Warrior

SilverAngel

Member,
I played it, quit, played it again, quit and im now craving it again, going to get some none mmo games done as when I get addicted I don't play on anything else at all which I don't like when I think about it.

Any uk wowers? I have done rpg and I have normal, I have been on horde and alliance so next im thinking pvp anyone on any good pvp servers?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Me too, but I changed servers. I'm on Spirestone (PvP) now, with a brand new character. A bunch of friends from work play there, and almost everyone I know from Argent Dawn quit playing.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
MMO's are deadly.

I just started FFXI again.

Sitting here at work and all I can think about is getting home so I can play.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Me too, but I changed servers. I'm on Spirestone (PvP) now, with a brand new character. A bunch of friends from work play there, and almost everyone I know from Argent Dawn quit playing.
YOU IDIOT.

I was just thinking about this game. How far are you into it?

Please tell me you rolled Horde.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
YOU IDIOT.

I was just thinking about this game. How far are you into it?

Please tell me you rolled Horde.

Haha.

I really wish that my work friends/guild were Horde, I really do.

But they're not. :crying:

My Spirestone character is a Druid, just hit 28 so I'm not that high yet. You could get 28 in a week right?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I started a group by the way, feel free to check it out.