The World of Warcraft thread 2.0

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
On the eve of Burning Crusade, I was just curious about who still plays WoW. After selling my first account and starting over, then quitting twice (maybe three times?), I realized around December how much I really love the game. Maybe seeing the Burning Crusade stuff helped get me back into it as well, who knows..

So who still plays, and where?

Shawn, did you ever return to the game? I know you quit at one point.

I have a lvl 60 Hunter on Argent Dawn and a 45 Warrior on Dalaran, along with a bunch of lower alts. I play pretty casual these days, but I am looking forward to the expansion and getting some of that tasty new gear that supposedly puts current epic items to shame..

Shawn

snkusa.com
GD said:
Shawn, did you ever return to the game? I know you quit at one point.
Nope, I never returned, played a year (literally) then quit. I never was a casual player like you, that was my problem. Always striving to be the best and have the best gear, and that became a never ending JOB.

Enjoy the expansion. I'm sure it will be awesome, larger than life.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
The expansion is great, at least what I've seen of it so far. Competition, as always is fierce though. We had level 70's on our server in under a week. I don't know how they do it, unless they take turns playing the character in shifts. The new gear is nice so far too, good quest rewards. I love the new Hunter tier 4 and 5 sets, but I know I'll never see any of them. :crying:

chaoticjelly

Kabuki Klasher
Yes I still play it.. got BC as well..

Level 60 Hunter on Bladefist.. liking the new expansion.. I so need to get a faster mount though.. it sucks getting run down and killed :p

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
I've been an avid player since release.

Eric told me you had a guild over on Dalaran (you proly don't know me, but I'm a good old friend of Eric's ever since PSO) and I actually re-rolled on to the Dalaran server just to join your guild. And during that time, you actually quit or something, and so did Eric, so I lost complete contact with you guys.

I stuck it out in Dalaran tho, formed my own guild, was guild leader for a while, got tired of the tasks of being a guild master, so I joined a growing guild which has now flourished into one of the main raiding guilds of the server. (were up to Loatheb in Naxx just before the xpac hit)

I play a Human paladin who is lvl 69 right now. Yep, you read right, lvl 69. So you can tell I'm an addict.

Goenitz is the name, if you ever feel like chatting it up or contacting me for whatever reason.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Yeah, most of the people I played with on Dalaran quit or moved to other servers, so I quit for a time. I actually sold my original account. I started playing again then recently moved to Argent Dawn to play with some real life friends and coworkers. I don't think we ever played together on Dalaran (that I can remember), but I think that guild still exists with 2 members.

How did you hit 69 so fast? I play roughly 40 hours per week, give or take, and I'm only halfway to 63. We have quite a few 70's on our server now, and it amazes me how quickly they got there. I'm taking it slow and kind of letting the more hardcore players clear out of the zones before I do, it makes the competition for mobs easier to tolerate.

Arthas said:
I stuck it out in Dalaran tho, formed my own guild, was guild leader for a while, got tired of the tasks of being a guild master, so I joined a growing guild which has now flourished into one of the main raiding guilds of the server. (were up to Loatheb in Naxx just before the xpac hit)

I was in Obscured Reasoning on Dalaran when everything got messed up (were on Four Horsemen in October / pre-2.0). :crying:

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
brentsg said:
I was in Obscured Reasoning on Dalaran when everything got messed up (were on Four Horsemen in October / pre-2.0). :crying:
What was your WoW name? I've proly seen you around.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
GD said:
Yeah, most of the people I played with on Dalaran quit or moved to other servers, so I quit for a time. I actually sold my original account. I started playing again then recently moved to Argent Dawn to play with some real life friends and coworkers. I don't think we ever played together on Dalaran (that I can remember), but I think that guild still exists with 2 members.

How did you hit 69 so fast? I play roughly 40 hours per week, give or take, and I'm only halfway to 63. We have quite a few 70's on our server now, and it amazes me how quickly they got there. I'm taking it slow and kind of letting the more hardcore players clear out of the zones before I do, it makes the competition for mobs easier to tolerate.
Power instancing my man. But really, all it is is just playing all your available free hours everyday. Goddamn addicting game.

I'll be toning down my playtime once I hit 70 tho, I just wanted to get the lvl 70 out of the way.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I hit 64 on Saturday, then finished up the last of the quests in Zangar before moving on to Terrokar. I did a little exploring and a few quests, and got a third of the way to 65 then decided to take a break. I may not log on tonight, and just let the rest bar build. I've been logging onto the game consistently every day since a week before the expansion dropped, with no breaks in between days and it's starting to wear on me I think.

I do want to hit 65 soon though, as there's a quest available in Nagrand that has a kickass weapon reward. It's a 2H Axe, I can't think of the name right this moment, but it has great stats. Going to get a 25AGI enchant on it and make it my new primary weapon. Once that's out of the way, it could take me another month to hit 70 for all I care. It's going to take a long time to get the money together for a flying mount anyway..

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just started an account... not sure if I'm going to keep playing. Playing an undead priest right now. What servers would you guys recommend playing on?

What should I do when I start out? Having some fun...

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
RBjakeSpecial said:
I just started an account... not sure if I'm going to keep playing. Playing an undead priest right now. What servers would you guys recommend playing on?

What should I do when I start out? Having some fun...

Pretty much everything you do in WoW is fun until level 40. Then it starts to bog down...

But if you can slog through 40-50, you're basically set.

As for server choice...low population are hard to find groups, high populations have queues and marketplace inflation...I personally play on a low pop server, because with a guild you can usually find groups.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
I'm sad this thread died so quickly.

In the past months, I traded accounts with a family member (same house and credit card, so it doesn't really matter about the whole accounts sharing thing) and became a warrior. All I do is PvP.

Anyone else out there?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
I'm sad this thread died so quickly.

In the past months, I traded accounts with a family member (same house and credit card, so it doesn't really matter about the whole accounts sharing thing) and became a warrior. All I do is PvP.

Anyone else out there?

I'm still plugging along with my 70 Hunter. I've been working on an alt or two lately though. I'm halfway to my 5k gold for the epic flyer I've been wanting, but I just can't bring myself to farm lately, I get so bored..

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
GD said:
I'm still plugging along with my 70 Hunter. I've been working on an alt or two lately though. I'm halfway to my 5k gold for the epic flyer I've been wanting, but I just can't bring myself to farm lately, I get so bored..

You're going for the epic flying mount?

Personally, I think it's a colossal waste of time (no offense)...I'd rather spend my money on upgrades and the like. Over time, I think spending money with the flight master won't even add up to 5000g.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
You're going for the epic flying mount?

Personally, I think it's a colossal waste of time (no offense)...I'd rather spend my money on upgrades and the like. Over time, I think spending money with the flight master won't even add up to 5000g.

I don't want the epic griffon so much as I want the ability to do the netherwing quests. I want a nether drake something fierce!

Also, there's not much I can buy on the AH now that's any better than what I have gear-wise. The only thing I really need money for are enchants and gems.

ObeyGeo

Crazed MVS Addict
I stopped playing WoW again for a while. I usually play it when there's no other decent games out and there's some new stuff to do in Blizzard's world.

As far as the epic mount goes, it's very fun to have and once you get it you can make a ton of money very easily off the Netherwing daily quests and any of the gathering professions. You can mine a ton of ore or collect a ton of herbs verrry quickly.

There's not really shit you can buy off the AH that's really an "upgrade" compared to what you can get out of a heroic 5 man instance, so unless there's one specific item you want (weapon usually) the money has nowhere else to go besides a flying mount!

We won't see it in this 2nd expansion but I'm hoping they do the Maelstrom for the 3rd xpack and we get SUBMARINE MOUNTS!

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I spent some time grinding BG honor in Alterac Valley over the weekend. I got enough to get the epic boots I've been wanting, but it turns out I didn't have enough EotS marks. So I've been running EotS and as the Alliance in my battlegroup are 75% morons, we've been on the losing side constantly. It's frustrating.. I have to lose 15 more matches to get enough, a few wins would be nice now and again.

I would raid more but I still have not completed BM so I can't go to fucking Karazhan. We got to the 2nd to last boss in there on Friday night but our healer crapped out and we wiped. Going to try again tonight I hope.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
GD said:
I spent some time grinding BG honor in Alterac Valley over the weekend. I got enough to get the epic boots I've been wanting, but it turns out I didn't have enough EotS marks. So I've been running EotS and as the Alliance in my battlegroup are 75% morons, we've been on the losing side constantly. It's frustrating.. I have to lose 15 more matches to get enough, a few wins would be nice now and again.

I would raid more but I still have not completed BM so I can't go to fucking Karazhan. We got to the 2nd to last boss in there on Friday night but our healer crapped out and we wiped. Going to try again tonight I hope.

Raiding sucks (Wipes on Moroes=fail). Arena sucks (Why do 1350 rated teams have full Merciless gear?). The endgame, in general, sucks real bad. Everything is so gear dependant in this game, it makes me sick.

So I started a new character. Leveling IS fun.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I'm loving Warcraft at the moment! Starting to finally see end game content on my characters with one on Mount Hyjal and the other just before on Kael'thas in The Eye.

The epic mount is really worth it in the end for if you do the netherwing quest line it opens up a great way to make gold. Only got my epic flying mount a couple of weeks ago and i'm already back at over 3k gold. As with pre Burning Crusade i really love the end game content and i'm looking forward to Illidan:buttrock: