Hi People (Newbie alert)

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Hello People,:D
Just wanted to say I am wet behind the ears (newbie) and have only just recently joined the Neo Geo Aes console fraternity. I suspect that most of you guys are from the states, though I have seen a some of European members located on this forum. I am from the UK, London. I have been waiting 15 years to obtain my own Neo console and finally I have got one. I have asked some questions before about Neo issues and all my questions were answered kindly.

Now having recently copped one, I realised that I wanted to get one that was a Jap model but also an 020000 model as I have been told that this is the best model to get if using RGB which I intend to do. My model is in the 160000 range, so I gather is better at outputting Composite. I surpose I can get it modded or buy another Neo. Need to get some games first though. One question though, if I may ask.... If I obtained a jap game and had a modded jap console would I be able to change the text from jap to english, or does that only apply if the game is US/Euro and played on a modded Jap system?

Oh and does anyone know if the KOF games are good ports on the Sega Saturn. Got a sega saturn skeleton model and was gonna get the KOF games on that but decided that it would be better on the Aes.

Thanks people.

Starks out....

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
The carts are the same. The system picks what the language disply is. If you have a modded console and you play your game you can pick what region to boot in.

As far as the saturn versions of KOF go from my experiance they are pretty close to the neo versions just with the added load times and some missing animation.

If you do decide to get saturn KOF let me know as I will hook you up a good deal for
95, 96, 97

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
greetings tony starks. Awsome to hear you got a Neo Geo. The ports of KOF on saturn are decent IMO. The 95 one is great! 96 would be a good port, but from what I remember you cannot map the button layout to any button on the saturn pad/joy. This makes it really bothersome because its almost impossible to get a decent neo geo style layout. I've never play Saturn 97 so I can't really tell you much about it. I would recommend getting those games on Neo Geo though because they are MUCH better.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
welcome to the rock

maybe you can get out alive

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I can tell you that '97 on the Saturn is an excellent port.