Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

Another Striker

battle_station.jpg
    Here is my Battle Station, which included a bunch of gear.

AI CMVS
    SEGA Saturn
    Mak Strike Supergun
    DATA East Robocop PCB
    SEGA Shinobi PCB

All of this is displayed on a Sony PVM via RGB Scart. All of this is controlled with a SEGA HSS-0130 Dual Arcade Stick Pro All of this is set-up on a home-made "skeleton" arcade cabinet.

The arcade-goodness to square-foot ratio of this corner of my house is through the roof!

Neo Geo Cup '98

Finally joined the MVS club after many years of being NGCD-only (before that AES, but I sold it all to buy a car lmao), have some random games that I kinda accumulated over the years back when MVS stuff was practically being given away that I can finally enjoy (slug2, garou, magical drop 3, kof2003)

e: just realized thread is about CMVS, whoops. I guess it still counts because it's not in a cab
    Last edited by dosdemon; 03-20-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    battle_station.jpg
    Here is my Battle Station, which included a bunch of gear.

AI CMVS
    SEGA Saturn
    Mak Strike Supergun
    DATA East Robocop PCB
    SEGA Shinobi PCB

All of this is displayed on a Sony PVM via RGB Scart. All of this is controlled with a SEGA HSS-0130 Dual Arcade Stick Pro All of this is set-up on a home-made "skeleton" arcade cabinet.

The arcade-goodness to square-foot ratio of this corner of my house is through the roof!
    Good laughs, good times...

Armored Scrum Object

Finished this badboy not too long ago. Played it safe by following the guide as much as I could.

Side view:

Corner view (that's dust, not chipped paint):

Plays great and very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by synbiosfan View Post
    If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

ver'nice JasonTodd!
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

Choi's Barber

Looks good, I like how that color of green turned out on it.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    ver'nice JasonTodd!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Looks good, I like how that color of green turned out on it.
    Thank-you both. I'm pleased with the color too. That Krylon paint works wonders.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Nice dude. Very well done.
    Thank-you muchly. It was a fun project.

Classy.

Neo*Geomancer

Yeah man, nice work Jason!!

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

Many thanks to Xian Xi for the encoder board and Beharius for the DIN nuts/bolts (can't ever seem to find decent ones locally).
    Last edited by HeavyMachineGun; 03-27-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    Classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo_vr4 View Post
    Yeah man, nice work Jason!!
    Thanks, gents.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

cool that this thread has gotten some new additions, nice ones at that!

Zero's Tailor

CMVS briefcase

This is my CMVS briefcase setup - credit to GummyBear for coming up with the concept.

cmvs1.jpg

cmvs2.jpg

cmvs3.jpg

In terms of features on the front there are two joystick ports and a blue power LED.
    On the back Scart RGB out and AC power in with a on/off switch.
    The board is a MV-1FZ with Unibios 3.1, the connections are via the jamma connector, which makes it easy to switch boards, should this one ever die. The only thig soldered to the board are two wires for a digital volt meter with switch (located under the front of the board, between the jamma edge and the bottom left corner). RGB is wired via 220ohm resistors to the female scart connector, also the appropirate connections are made to enable proper 4:3 aspect ratio switching and AV input selection.
    Build it over c.a. 1.5 weeks, an hour or two every evening or so after work whenever I had the time.
    Last edited by MtothaJ; 06-05-2016 at 02:46 AM.
    Regards, MtothaJ

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Not sure if I posted this in the thread already but here's my CMVS. Two of four edges of my polycarbonate base are machine cut, the other two are terribly cut by yours truly. Maybe I will finish them with a proper saw in future but overall I am happy.
    Has 15pin VGA port for video which is compatible with my VGA -> RGBs BNC cable and 2x RCA for stereo sound. Basic but perfectly able.

RGBs pins have 120ohm resistors (I think that was the ohm rating) and there is a power switch and a barrel jack for the 5v line as well.

mvs1.jpgmvs2.jpg

For the tunes lovers!

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by MtothaJ View Post
    This is my CMVS briefcase setup
    Pretty sweet! But I guess you have to keep the lid open while playing to have some air circulation in there, right? How did you go about the screws that hold the board and PSU in place - do they just stick out the bottom part?

Zero's Tailor

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Pretty sweet! But I guess you have to keep the lid open while playing to have some air circulation in there, right? How did you go about the screws that hold the board and PSU in place - do they just stick out the bottom part?
    I play with the lid closed. I contemplated adding vents and a PC air fan but to be honest this is a non issue as the setup runs very cool. Moreover, I rarely play for more than 1-2h at a time and even then one usually opens the case every so often to change games.
    The board and PSU are affixed to the case bottom with silver screws which are pretty much flush with the case bottom and complement the other silver hardware on the case. In no way does this look bad / out of place - in fact I seen pretty similar stuff on cases designed for professional AV / photography equipment, following a 'function over fashion' approach.
    Regards, MtothaJ

Raiden's Valet

This is my CMVS briefcase setup - credit to GummyBear for coming up with the concept.

cmvs1.jpg

cmvs2.jpg

cmvs3.jpg
    Hope you never have to take that through airport security.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

I play with the lid closed. I contemplated adding vents and a PC air fan but to be honest this is a non issue as the setup runs very cool. Moreover, I rarely play for more than 1-2h at a time and even then one usually opens the case every so often to change games.
    The board and PSU are affixed to the case bottom with silver screws which are pretty much flush with the case bottom and complement the other silver hardware on the case. In no way does this look bad / out of place - in fact I seen pretty similar stuff on cases designed for professional AV / photography equipment, following a 'function over fashion' approach.
    cool.

[PICS]
    Nice.

Question: What kind of camera did you use to take those pics? They're not very large size-wise, but they're very clear.

Zero's Tailor

Quote Originally Posted by Ramad View Post
    Nice.

Question: What kind of camera did you use to take those pics? They're not very large size-wise, but they're very clear.
    Thanks, as for the camera its just a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone with the pictures resized to more forum friendly size with MS Office Picture Manager.
    I think the clarity is just the result of managing to catch some good natural lighting.
    Regards, MtothaJ

New Challenger

I finished wiring my CMVS project this weekend and just have the front panel to do, I'm trying to make it as sleek as possible so will have it sorted in a few days. I can't wait to share some pics. It's the biggest project I have undertaken yet

Crazed MVS Addict

In terms of features on the front there are two joystick ports and a blue power LED.
    On the back Scart RGB out and AC power in with a on/off switch.
    The board is a MV-1FZ with Unibios 3.1, the connections are via the jamma connector, which makes it easy to switch boards, should this one ever die. The only thig soldered to the board are two wires for a digital volt meter with switch (located under the front of the board, between the jamma edge and the bottom left corner). RGB is wired via 75ohm resistors to the female scart connector, also the appropirate connections are made to enable proper 4:3 aspect ratio switching and AV input selection.
    Build it over c.a. 1.5 weeks, an hour or two every evening or so after work whenever I had the time.

Nice! Very neat concept, and great execution.

I repair and mod Arcades and Consoles. Check out my work on Instagram! @Retro_Tech_Rewind

Neo Geo Cup '98

Quote Originally Posted by Ramad View Post
    Nice.

A "clear" picture only depends on getting the exposure right. You can get nice looking pictures with a 10 year old camera if you learn proper exposure, there's a really good book called "understanding exposure" that explains it in detail but I'm sure just random googling about it would also work.

His pictures look like they were taken with a lot of daylight coming in so his camera could set a really fast shutter speed because it doesn't need a lot of time to absorb so much light, the faster the shutter speed the less blur happens from hands shaking, etc.

Thread Information