Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hope it's not just a nice enclosure, there's a lot to learn about building CMVS units.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I hope it's not just a nice enclosure, there's a lot to learn about building CMVS units.

It's got everything in there. 5v/12v power supply, controller ports, video encoder, and the unibios and stereo mods. I've consolized a handful of 1 slots and a 2 slot board, but it was never in any kind of an attractive package. This is just taking everything and putting it all in something that looks nice.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's got everything in there. 5v/12v power supply, controller ports, video encoder, and the unibios and stereo mods. I've consolized a handful of 1 slots and a 2 slot board, but it was never in any kind of an attractive package. This is just taking everything and putting it all in something that looks nice.

Got pics of the rear?

pva

Mega Shock!!
aes.jpg

My setup is coming together nicely, even if I say so myself. (Cable management still needs work, though.)

As a newcomer to the scene, I must admit I'm rather impressed by all the modifications and add-ons that the NG community has created, making a nearly 30-year-old console still a blast to play by 2017's standards.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
View attachment 47456

My setup is coming together nicely, even if I say so myself. (Cable management still needs work, though.)

As a newcomer to the scene, I must admit I'm rather impressed by all the modifications and add-ons that the NG community has created, making a nearly 30-year-old console still a blast to play by 2017's standards.

Nice clean setup there man, I see that custom case for the NeoSD ;) very nice.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug

Any chance you will be selling just the case? I really like what you've done with it but I don't need a full CMVS.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I saw these on Egay, its got SNES controller ports?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Whoa... I could've done with that JAMMA adapter when I was building my MV-1C. Would've saved me a ton of time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That NeoSD custom case is made by Lions3, shoot him a PM or maybe it’s on his website www.lions3.com

Last edited:

pva

Mega Shock!!
That NeoSD custom case is made by Lions3, shoot him a PM or maybe it’s on his website www.lions3.com

Yeah, it's one of his AES Custom Multi Shells (there's also a MVS model available). I prefer the bare PCB look, so I went with the custom case instead of the standard shell. The build quality is surprisingly good for a 3D-printed/acrylic part.

I hope that I can muster up the energy to come up with a custom label for it at some point.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
How's the fit of this? The neosd shell is kind of a tight fit in my aes so I've been thinking finding an alternative case of some kind.

pva

Mega Shock!!
How's the fit of this? The neosd shell is kind of a tight fit in my aes so I've been thinking finding an alternative case of some kind.

Now that you mentioned it, the OG NeoSD shell was a tad on the tight side. The custom shell fits a bit looser, but no so loose as to rattle around in the slot or anything. Since the custom shell is 3D-printed (and hand-finished, I think), there might be some minute variations in dimensions when compared to an injection moulded shell. But as I said, the build quality is top-notch, so I don't think they'll be of any significance.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Very sexy setup you have there! sell that daedalus and get a NeoSD though.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Dat Last Blade 2.

Here is mine with a fagger blue led because Im too dumb to know if I left it on or not.

nEXjNIU.jpg

And the two sticks I have for it. Call me weird, but I like having ABC being top row and D being the first on the bottom.

PO2lyFr.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
WISE FROM YO GWAVE!

With all the mods I've done, I've never actually build a CMVS from scratch, only tinkered with already built ones. I started a 2 slot project about 10 years ago but abandoned it when I moved and gave the parts to a friend. Well, I decided to give it another shot. I'm not 100% finished, but it's almost done.

This is what I started with. Not in terrible shape, but it was pretty nasty and took a lot to clean up.
s-l1600.jpg

And here it is now

2 Slot Top.jpg2 SLot Side.jpg2 Slot Back.jpg

I sanded and painted the cover, changed the battery, added a Unibios, gave it a recap, and a 5V mod. Video encoders are kinda pointless these days so it just has a Neo compatible DIN jack in the back and a power jack on the other side. I was going to build an audio circuit to give it clean line level audio but when testing the headphone jacks they already output an amazingly clean signal, so I'm just pulling audio from there. Wrapping it up is one of Lions3's plate kits. The only thing left to do is redo the video. I currently just have the old school method of wiring RGB to resistors, and it looks fine, but I have some OSHPark PCBS ordered that haven't come in yet for a proper buffered RGB signal that I'll put in it.

By the way, you might notice in the side pic the memory card plastic guide is bent. I can lift it up and put in a card just fine, but if anyone has any good ideas on how to straighten it out I'd like to hear it. I couldn't find a replacement piece online without buying a whole junk PCB or memory card reader.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
You could try a hairdryer for the plastic but you need to add the heat while the memory card is inserted. Wouldn't add too much heat with other stuff. Wooden memory card dummy is probably also better.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
WISE FROM YO GWAVE!

With all the mods I've done, I've never actually build a CMVS from scratch, only tinkered with already built ones. I started a 2 slot project about 10 years ago but abandoned it when I moved and gave the parts to a friend. Well, I decided to give it another shot. I'm not 100% finished, but it's almost done.

This is what I started with. Not in terrible shape, but it was pretty nasty and took a lot to clean up.
View attachment 60984

And here it is now

View attachment 60987View attachment 60986View attachment 60985

I sanded and painted the cover, changed the battery, added a Unibios, gave it a recap, and a 5V mod. Video encoders are kinda pointless these days so it just has a Neo compatible DIN jack in the back and a power jack on the other side. I was going to build an audio circuit to give it clean line level audio but when testing the headphone jacks they already output an amazingly clean signal, so I'm just pulling audio from there. Wrapping it up is one of Lions3's plate kits. The only thing left to do is redo the video. I currently just have the old school method of wiring RGB to resistors, and it looks fine, but I have some OSHPark PCBS ordered that haven't come in yet for a proper buffered RGB signal that I'll put in it.

By the way, you might notice in the side pic the memory card plastic guide is bent. I can lift it up and put in a card just fine, but if anyone has any good ideas on how to straighten it out I'd like to hear it. I couldn't find a replacement piece online without buying a whole junk PCB or memory card reader.
Looks fantastic! I have one of these which I plan to do the same…just need the time.