Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I can't be sure but thats the first time I've seen an XX 2-slot... I think.

Is it harder to get hold of those boards or are they relatively common James ?
Reason for side mounting the jacks ?

I have three 2 slots on hand so not very hard to find. But they are had to find at a good price most times.

The side mounts I just find a lot easier so I can keep everything on the same side of the cover. This of course makes it easier should someone want to open it and make a repair or upgrade. You can simply lay the cover flat on the left side of the board instead of having to prop it up.

My next few that will be for sale will have the jacks on one side and power on the other as it will have other things mounted as well.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
@ XX, ahh... Sweet.

Edit...

@ Matt, WTF is that witchcraft ?

:buttrock:

... Little pull out draw for some smokes.

Last edited:

arcadematt

Quiz Detective
Do you have pics of the others you have made, I already saw that one.

I only have pictures of another revision of the same project which was built for my friend In Tampa. So I had to change the video output from scart (euro) to composite and s-video to use in the states.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
this is the 2 slot i got off of Fox1, put the plexi on the bottom and added a new vinyl decal to match the green color

mvsmetal.jpg

Stevan,

Still waiting for the other pics of it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Im rather curious. Is there even anything awesome you can do to a cd unit?

You can always add component video, region switch, 50/60hz switch, possibly overclock it, paint it, bedazzle it.

Clessy

Banned
You can always add component video, region switch, 50/60hz switch, possibly overclock it, paint it, bedazzle it.
For some reason none of the seems worthwhile and svideo is good enough for 2d graphics at such a low resolution imho.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
For some reason none of the seems worthwhile and svideo is good enough for 2d graphics at such a low resolution imho.

At a minimum region switching is handy for sure.

I also think the overclocking is great especially when you see the comparisons.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
BS! Component on a Sony SD tube closely rivals the best RGB monitors out there (but it cannot beat them), a thing S-video cannot hope to achieve. Don't get me wrong S-Video looks great, the Neo CD looks great with S-video on my Sony tubes, but the component signal from my CMVS looks so much nicer! The colors are way more vibrant and it's not a simple matter of adjusting the settings, the difference is just in sharpness and overall rich color differentiation.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

You can always alter the look of the NeoCD by using fiberglass or even bondo and some spare time.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Does anyone have pictures of what their wiring job looks like with the video encoder and RCA stereo out connections? I usually just see the final product with the shell overtop. I'm starting up my first CMVS project so I wouldn't mind seeing how everything looks on the inside.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here's an old blurry pic:

jackwires.jpg

Try not to use the same ground for video and audio. Sometimes when there is a big bang in the audio it creates an interference on the video, use separate ground points.

Clessy

Banned
How hard would it be to add a video out that wasnt using standard output.
Let say you wanted the system to only use Sony psx/2/3 video cords. Would that even be possable.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya it is. You would just need to follow the pinout. The pins are ver small on the PSX connector so the easiest way would be to also take a small piece of the PCB where the connector is mounted to and solder to that.

Clessy

Banned
When money is flowing a little better im coming to you to make your best damn cmvs yet.

SSS

neo retired
My work isn't super clean, and I need to redo the overlay. I decided against a fold down screen as the rig is about 40 lbs as is. Easier and safer to be able to detach the screen. I disassembled the screen's stand and mounted the support directly to the setup. The monitor simply slides into place and is fully tiltable for viewing comfort. There are legs to make this thing free standing at cab height. But I need to add some extra bracing to the legs to make it more stable.

Parts are as follows:
Neobitz component converter
Neo Gold control panel/and full wiring loom
MV-1F
switching PSU
happ supers and buttons
textured t-molding
I cut the MDF myself from new stock
Neo Geo cab side art for decals.
19" samsung hdtv

front.jpg

sidetitle.jpg

samsho3.jpg

portopen.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
My work isn't super clean, and I need to redo the overlay. I decided against a fold down screen as the rig is about 40 lbs as is. Easier and safer to be able to detach the screen. I disassembled the screen's stand and mounted the support directly to the setup. The monitor simply slides into place and is fully tiltable for viewing comfort. There are legs to make this thing free standing at cab height. But I need to add some extra bracing to the legs to make it more stable.

Parts are as follows:
MV-1F
switching PSU
happ supers and buttons
textured t-molding
19" samsung hdtv

front.jpg

sidetitle.jpg

samsho3.jpg

portopen.jpg

:eek::drool_2::drool::envy:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Parts are as follows:
MV-1F
switching PSU
happ supers and buttons
textured t-molding
19" samsung hdtv

front.jpg

sidetitle.jpg

samsho3.jpg

portopen.jpg

Looks good dude, all you need is plexi and it will be done.

It looks a lot better than before.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I spy you erased the baby blue SNK logo I placed on the overlay:emb: I see youlaminated the overlay as well, good work.

SSS

neo retired
I spy you erased the baby blue SNK logo I placed on the overlay:emb: I see youlaminated the overlay as well, good work.

Yeah, I laminated it myself, didn't turn out to well (there's bubbles and fog spots everywhere :emb:). I'll just have kinkos laminate another one on their full size machine. It's actually your neo gold overlay I used (nice job btw), I recolored it red to match the scheme. I didn't actually realize the Gold's CP was slightly smaller until I went to print your larger big red version.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Perhpas you'd be better off cutting some plexi and not laminating the overlay, I think that could give you the look you're looking for.