Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Hi everybody. This one is my little girl, it was made by distropia.
58ade0239d5fcbb3b7043dcbb2e335cf.jpg

6740f804db77b8d20baf79a55d197f25.jpg

Sweet!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Is that going to be 3D printed or how are you having that done? I'd love a site that could do some laser cutting given a CAD drawing like that, that doesn't cost $400-500 like Pac-tec.

Sludgepond

n00b
Is that going to be 3D printed or how are you having that done? I'd love a site that could do some laser cutting given a CAD drawing like that, that doesn't cost $400-500 like Pac-tec.

It's just a standard Pac-tec enclosure, model DM-2: http://www.pactecenclosures.com/product-detail.php?productid=73&seriesid=46&classid=26
Bought it from mouser.com: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...EpiMZZMsrGrAVj6eTvZVqcM90%2ba6uIPeVn%2bCarlI=

I wish I had a way to have cool enclosure designs for MVS boards 3D printed but I don't have the equipment to 3d print. Just a boring square box will have to do for now.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The DM-2 is rather huge for a CMVS with an MV1C. But as your first CMVS there is some advantages, lots of space for getting everything in there, lots of surface area if you plan on covering it with art.

Sludgepond

n00b
@xian: I realized I purchased a case that was too large after I started to model it up. But like you said I'll have more room to make things nice and tidy. I actually have 2 mv1c on the way so if all goes well I'll attempt at making a more streamlined CMVS.
@xsq: I agree. I'll keep it where it is since that's a removable panel anyway.

Sludgepond

n00b
I recently acquired a Sony PVM monitor and I've got a couple quick questions:
-Can I have a video encoder and also have straight RGB outputs coming from one board? I would like to have the option to take the console to multiple different TV sets if I so choose.
-When I'm taking straight RGB do I ignore the "sync" connection and just use R,G,B & ground? (EDIT: I see there is a EXT SYNC connection on the back of the PVM so now I'm thinking I need R/G/B/Sync BNC or RCA connections on my console?)
I'm right in assuming that all Sony PVM output straight RGB?

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Hi everybody. This one is my little girl, it was made by distropia.
58ade0239d5fcbb3b7043dcbb2e335cf.jpg

6740f804db77b8d20baf79a55d197f25.jpg

Beautiful, though I'd have to replace those VGA connector screws with matching black ones for the final bit of polish. ;)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I recently acquired a Sony PVM monitor and I've got a couple quick questions
Yes, you can wire up both RGB and encoded signals. Not all PVMs take RGB though, depends on your model.

Sludgepond

n00b
@Xsq It's a 1954Q. Looking at a spec sheet it says "component/RGB"
2714FIN_0.jpg

EDIT: Should have post this in the crt fetish thread. Move if you need to. And thanks for putting up with my annoying noobiness

Last edited:

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
My first CMVS is ready, an MV-2F. I've added a female molex for +12v/+5v and a DIN-8 for RGB. I'm waiting on parts to arrive before moving on to adding jacks to the case. It was dirty beyond belief when I got it, but cleaned up perfect.

I've recapped it (with Rubycon, Sprague, Nichicon, Illinois, and Nippon) and replaced the battery with a rechargeable LIR-2032. RGB+S are 75 ohm video cable that is shielded and ground-terminated at both ends. I ordered a proper battery holder, and when it comes in I'll replace the 3 remaining original caps.

It's sporting Unibios 3.2 and a NeoSaveMasta, and I've been testing with a 161-in-1 that I recapped and modified according to GadgetUK's findings.

_DSC7044.jpg
_DSC7049.jpg
_DSC7050.jpg
Not an ultra-exciting case mod, but it's a damn fine MV-2F.

Last edited:

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
My CMVS that I purchased from Arcadeshock a few years back...image1.JPG

Last edited:

ruffian_es

n00b
Received my first CMVS not long ago; a Xian Xi original made a few years back. I adopted the console from another member on the forums and am pumped to start playing the NG library.
Huge props to Xian Xi for generously updating the video-out according to the PVM Scart Cable I purchased, free of charge.
I actually really appreciate the clean, compact project box used for the console. Completely reasonably priced, minimalist, and durable.

I thought i'd take some quick photos and show off this classic Xian Xi build!

Nice.

Sludgepond

n00b
Here's my custom joystick using a shitty keepsake box :D
All Sanwa components.
Still need to paint, add artwork behind the plexiglass and chamfer the top edge.
2djxrgk.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Is it worth it to buy this system or is there one cheaper but just as good?
short answer: yes. no.
long answer: If you want a CMVS in a nice enclosure, the Omega is the way to go. Its maker (shadowkn55) is a respected member of this community and does kick ass work. You can get a cheaper Neo if you don't want an enclosure or if you're willing to build a CMVS yourself. Another option would be a supergun (which would enable you to play other arcade boards beside the MVS as well).

Also: Do your own research.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
short answer: yes. no.
long answer: If you want a CMVS in a nice enclosure, the Omega is the way to go. Its maker (shadowkn55) is a respected member of this community and does kick ass work. You can get a cheaper Neo if you don't want an enclosure or if you're willing to build a CMVS yourself. Another option would be a supergun (which would enable you to play other arcade boards beside the MVS as well).

Also: Do your own research.
Supergun would be the best option, or supergun and CMVS if you can afford it.