Low serial Number for Neo Geo Aes

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Hi guys,

I am new here and just wanted to know if this would be considered a low serial number for a Neo Geo - Neo-o Serial Nr.90A-192167. I am after a Neo Geo Aes (Jap) with a low serial number as I want to use an RGB cable and I heard that the low serial models are best for this.

Thanx

Starks out.....

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
some might consider that one a low serial #. Mine is 015662.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
You'll get the best RGB out of a AES with a serial number between 20,000 and roughly 30,000.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Thanx for the reply guys. Also I wanted to know do scanlines appear on the screen when playing a neo geo aes console?
Sorry if it is a stupid question.

Thanx

Starks out...

Neo Ash

tony_starks said:
Thanx for the reply guys. Also I wanted to know do scanlines appear on the screen when playing a neo geo aes console?
Sorry if it is a stupid question.

Thanx

Starks out...
You shouldn't see any major screen refresh.

Can you give more details about your setup?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Neo Ash said:
You'll get the best RGB out of a AES with a serial number between 20,000 and roughly 30,000.

This was proven bullshit sometime ago.
I still have four home systems, with different serial numbers, and
all look about the same.

Neo Ash

SNKJorge said:
This was proven bullshit sometime ago.
I still have four home systems, with different serial numbers, and
all look about the same.
I agree to an extent. However, there were several revisions made to the system over the course of production. I do not feel that he will see an improvement compelling enough to make him get rid of his current system.

tony_starks I feel that having the system modded by JMKurtz or D-Lite will give you the best quality video you could hope to see from any AES.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Thanx again guys, By the way I dont actually own a Neo Geo Aes system (yet) looking to obtain a gold system (if I can find one). In terms of rgb is it better to just have a system modded than un modded? Does modded offer better sound quality than unmodded? I was looking to obtain this from ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SNK-Neo-Geo-A...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270072445261
but looked at the serial no and was unsure.

Thanx

Starks out...

Neo Ash

Looks like you're in the UK, so you'll be connecting it using a SCART cable which is RGB. Your RGB SCART is a good bit better than what we have here in the US. As far as video you've got about the best. You could however have an RGB bypass mod done.

As for sound you can run a cable from the headphone connector to your stereo/TV and have stereo sound without actually making modifications to the system. The stereo mod is tied to the headphone jack and just allows for rear connectors to make everything easier and cleaner looking.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Thanx Neo. Yea we use Scart cables in the UK. Then from what you are saying serial numbers dont really make too much of a difference compared to rgb quality. Intresting I always assumed that you guys had better picture quality. I surpose that is one advantage living in Europe.

Nice one :)

Starks out...

BONK

n00b
ehh i don't get it whats a low serial number got to do with anything..

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
BONK said:
ehh i don't get it whats a low serial number got to do with anything..

The build quality the SNK employed and the video chips were different from the earlier models to the later ones.

BONK

n00b
Argentina94 said:
The build quality the SNK employed and the video chips were different from the earlier models to the later ones.

ahh din't know intresting i should check mine

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Mines 40kish i think

using an RGB cable, picture is totally PERFICK, but sadly i have to use a 14" screen for the while :emb:

BONK

n00b
minesin the 18 hundreds, that considerd low?

Last edited:

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object

I'm at 024717 I did think it looked hell of good when I finally got my hands on a scart cable. Got lucky to fall in the right numbers with my AES.

Neo Ash

I'm at 024717 I did think it looked hell of good when I finally got my hands on a scart cable. Got lucky to fall in the right numbers with my AES.

Damn....you bumped and old ass thread.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
"Damn noobs, use the SEARCH.FUNTION!"

noob uses search function...

"Damn noob, you raising these zombie threads!!!"

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's no longer 2006, and the lowness of the serial number matters not for picture quality. We have folks like FBX to thank for that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, and imo for RGB the lower serials are worse since they have all kinds of sync issues since the video circuits weren't built correctly.