PSP 3.03 OE-B Custom firmware

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've finally formatted my memory stick, and upgraded to 3.03 (the initial version I think)

well that was easy enough, now I'm copying my test ISO and my 1.5 homebrew back and wondering how to start it all now I dont have devhook

I'm sure I'll find out, gotta try a ps1 game too sightron

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
got my 1.5 homebrew working by switching it to 1.5 in the R boot up menu.

my test ISO now shows up in the game menu - cool , but it wont load.. what settings do I need in the ISO section?

sweet so far though, i need to fart about more :emb:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
got my test ISO working , I love how they show up in the game menu

so , I need some clarification on the GAME directory , I noticed theres a lot more directories after formatting my stick with 3.03 like COMMON and VIDEO etc, I wonder which ones I'm supposed to put movies in now as it has both the old and new style directories, plus a new one for movies, is that for WMA?

so , I guess I will stick to 1.5 homebrew in the GAME directory as I did before? is that right? , I just need to know how to run ps1 games now :o I have SOTN lying around somewhere, that would be a cool test. :emb:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
1.5 homebrew should be in PSP/GAME150. You can also use non-kexploited stuff.

Follow the instructions in the popstation readme to convert PSX isos, they go in folders in the GAME directory.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ok

i'll move it to game150, and have game as well

but the homebrew works right where it is atm in the game dir, I'd better switch that option back in the menu maybe too, to 3.03 kernel or whatever.

is there any decent homebrew out thats not emulators recently? doubt it

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I've run all my homebrew in the GAME folder with the 3.03 OEB firmware and had no problems at all. The folder is already set by default to use the 1.50 kernal. I suppose if I wanted to play some newer demos from Sony that required a higher firmware, that I would have to make a GAME150 folder again, use it, and then set the GAME folder to the 3.03 kernal. But I don't even know if there is anything that requires the GAME folder and a firmware higher than 1.50 to work at the moment.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hmm, i didnt think about official demos

i like how everything is integrated now, pretty sweet

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Spent pretty much all day messing with PBP unpacker today. Awesome stuff... If you're lame, which I apparently am.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
kernow said:
can I install that from 3.03 OE-A ?
Yeah, I installed mine from 3.03OE-A a little while ago Kerndizzle. Works quite well.

There's now a manual adjustment for clock speed in recovery mode, which is nice. I have something which is compressed a bit (due to memory stick size limits), and it doesn't lag anymore in 333mhz mode. :)

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Correction 3.03 Downgrader is available by using the unpatched GTA.