Zelda: Twilight Princess stuck already...?

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
I have waited till now to really play Zelda on the Wii because I wanted to have the component cables. Now I have them and am stuck already and haven't really started the game yet. I am where you go to the ranch and have to herd the goats, and I can't, no matter what I do, get one piece of shit goat in the barn. So I look online to see how stupid I am and what I have to do, and all I find is I need to "whoop" them into the barn by pressing "A". Question is what the hell is "whoop", and how do you do it? When I push "A" all I get is the horse doing a dash move, and even if I ram a goat right in front of the barn opening the goat will not go in. They just slide sideways right by the door, like there is a wall between them and the barn. I know this is stupid and I'm not doing something right, but until I find out what this "whoop" thing is I won't be getting any where with the game unfortuntely...:help:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
The Whoop should be marked on the screen, with the button you press.

Whoop is simply to make Link Shout and all to get them buggers to run in the exact opposite direction from him. The game is mainly to get the goat between you and the barn, and you chase them in. Whoop, will sort of programmatically make them directly away from you, so you can aim that like you would shooting a pool ball.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Surprisingly I was able to figure this one out (I just started playing Twilight Princess for Wii today). What I did to get the goats into the barn was just chase after one and chased them from the opposite direction of where I wanted them to go. There were a couple of ones that made it difficult to chase them in, but if you just focus on one and chase them from the opposite direction of where you want them to go you should be fine.

For example, if I wanted the goat to go left when I was chasing it, then I would come from the right.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
Snooptalian said:
I have waited till now to really play Zelda on the Wii because I wanted to have the component cables. Now I have them and am stuck already and haven't really started the game yet. I am where you go to the ranch and have to herd the goats, and I can't, no matter what I do, get one piece of shit goat in the barn. So I look online to see how stupid I am and what I have to do, and all I find is I need to "whoop" them into the barn by pressing "A". Question is what the hell is "whoop", and how do you do it? When I push "A" all I get is the horse doing a dash move, and even if I ram a goat right in front of the barn opening the goat will not go in. They just slide sideways right by the door, like there is a wall between them and the barn. I know this is stupid and I'm not doing something right, but until I find out what this "whoop" thing is I won't be getting any where with the game unfortuntely...:help:

Oh boy. If your stuck now, I feel bad for you once you leave the faron Woods.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Highlander67 said:
Oh boy. If your stuck now, I feel bad for you once you leave the faron Woods.

The Water Temple will take him years.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
did you actually start the goat herding minigame? or are you walking around on your horse? the goats wont go in unless its in minigame mode.

my times are pretty good around 1min. :cool:

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Ok. I saw on IGN where you could see the Whoop on the screen where the grass icons are for the dash, but I have been at this now for half an hour and have had the goat directly in front of me right at the barn opening and have yet to see the whoop icon show up on the screen. Kinda frustrating to be stuck at such a trivial point in the game, but for whatever reason this whoop thing never becomes available for me to use, and while the goat is right at the barn opening and I ride up behind it, the goat justs walks up to the opening and then moves away from it, even if I dash at it and try to knock it into the barn, all that happens then is the goat bounes off the opening as if there is an invisible wall there...I'll try again though...I've never been stuck in a game this early on before, let alone on something like this...LOL

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Average Joe said:

Nah, once I get around this, I'll be alright...Once the whoop option avails itself to me that is...Not sure why it isn't so far...Like I said I don't usually get stuck like this on a game, let alone something this trivial...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
not sonic said:
did you actually start the goat herding minigame? or are you walking around on your horse? the goats wont go in unless its in minigame mode.

my times are pretty good around 1min. :cool:

Sounds like this is his problem.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Lagduf said:
Sounds like this is his problem.

Yep. That was the problem. When I first got to the ranch and talked to the guy there, I hit "A" too quickly scrolling thorugh the his text and didn't see where I was supposed to get on the horse and then talk to him again. I thought I just needed to hop on the horse and start herding the goats. Obviously it won't work that way. Anyway, crisis averted. LOL...I was stating to think I had a faulty game, no matter what I did those goats weren't going in that barn. That's what I get for zipping through the text to quick thinking I don't have to read everything they say.

Thanks for the help...

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Average Joe said:

Yea bro, if you are stumped here, the Water Temple will make you break your Wii, pull out all of your hair, kill your kids, and eat them for dinner.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Eldios said:
Yea bro, if you are stumped here, the Water Temple will make you break your Wii, pull out all of your hair, kill your kids, and eat them for dinner.

I'm sure it's tough, but the only reason I was stuck here was because I wasn't in mini game mode, and once I turned the game back on again it was easy to see how I missed that. Won't happen again I assure you and I'll continue on in the game as well as I usually do, about as well as anyone else...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
The Water Temple isn't actually that bad.

It was probably the most challenging one in terms of figuring out where to go, but I've played enough Zelda to know how to work with what's thrown at me.

Beautiful dungeon though in terms of a design standpoint--probably my favorite one out of the entire game.

Then again all of the dungeons in Twilight Princess kick large amounts of ass.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
I'm having problems starting the mini games after the water temple. Just got some irritating bird telling me I have to jump in the air to start the balloon game and can't find the lure fishing one anywhere(have noticed there are two irritating birds at the lake though).

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
Average Joe said:
The Water Temple isn't actually that bad.

It was probably the most challenging one in terms of figuring out where to go, but I've played enough Zelda to know how to work with what's thrown at me.

Beautiful dungeon though in terms of a design standpoint--probably my favorite one out of the entire game.

Then again all of the dungeons in Twilight Princess kick large amounts of ass.

Yeah the Water Dungeon was very good. I enjoyed how you had to direct the water flow. Interesting design. I just got the master sword. That was annoying with those mesquito things. Oh and don't get me started about the puzzle with the two soldiers. arghhh.

N2x

Chin's Bartender
No one told me you can Whoop in Twilight Princess. I want to make Link Whoop! Which button do I press to make him act like Arsenio?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
N2x said:
No one told me you can Whoop in Twilight Princess. I want to make Link Whoop! Which button do I press to make him act like Arsenio?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: