Why does nobody like SS3?

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
EvilWasabi:
pyrokilla:
Grrr I have mine set to hardness 1 and still it is way to hard for me! I hate how the computer takes like three hits to kill you, but you will be slashing / stabing / busting supermoves on him with no remorse, but still you will die :mad:
Not sure what you're talking about. I beat the game last night at level 8 with Galford.

I can take Amakusa at least to Kuroko on level 8, and that's not by low kicks either.
Its this damn guy with the gigantic bead neckless. Seriously 3 hits and I'm dead :mad:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm getting further know I'm a little more set into its ways.

maybe 4th/5th fight on one credit? I always restart if i lose, because I think I might fight better if I'm still on the 1st credit

(stoned ramblings end)

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
kernow:

maybe 4th/5th fight on one credit? I always restart if i lose, because I think I might fight better if I'm still on the 1st credit

(stoned ramblings end)
Any tips? Supermoves seem worthless as the computer has crazy blocking skills and even when hit does little damage (characters I use : Haumaru , Basara)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
tips.. hmm..

I use bust haoh, I try the parrying every now and again, I think its cool it has its own animation when you go through the hcf motion.

tips.. oh yeah.. standing B? hcf+D you can get away with quite often, don't use C dp's too much, you've really got to _know when to dp I feel. They changed the 'sf2' fireball trap, dp thing.. which is great.

BC hopping I use a little.. I'm no expert. I play on lvl2 or 3 usually. I haven't used anyone apart from bust/slash haoh or ukyo from time to time, trying to improve my game then move on to other, possibly more interesting characters.

:)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
...try the AB-move-behind-the-opponent move, it works most of the time, and it leaves the computer open for a B poke. Avoid using a hard C slash to follow thru, there's not enough time for that.

Honestly, Gaira's so slow, I'm not sure why your having problems with him Pyro, try that AB thing, it oughtta work, honest. I always have alot more problems with the ninjas, or Amakusa.

Someone wanna give me some tips for SS1?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
pyrokilla:
kernow:

(stoned ramblings end)
Any tips? Supermoves seem worthless as the computer has crazy blocking skills and even when hit does little damage (characters I use : Haumaru , Basara)
That holds true most of the time, however Zankuro is such a sucker for slash shizumaru's slayer (2xhcb+cd)

part of the damage equation is when you attack an opponent and what he is doing. If you interrupt a special/slayer move with a hard slash, expect ridiculously high damage.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
took the game out of my ngh in sheer frustration and put a nice .. easy kof in..

I'll return

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
pyrokilla:
kernow:

(stoned ramblings end)
Basara is a long hard road with little to show for it in the end. He lacks combos. Plain and simple.

Now, against many characters, there are definitely strategies. I'll see how far I can go here...

vs. Galford
Try to Jump into Galford and he'll usually do his strike drop. Thing is, if you block his strike drop, you can dash at him and counter. Some characters can REALLY counter on galford after the drop. If using Amakusa, dash in and do a RDP+A to instant dizzy Galford, then pursue with close rapid low kicks to redizzy. Using Haohmaru, dash in with B, then follow up with any of his regular combos (using slash, uppercut, using bust, QCF+D, f,f+B repeat). Otherwise, just be creative. The recovery on Galfords strike drop is long enough to allow you to really punish him.

vs. Hanzo
Jumping into Hanzo won't make him teleport. Usually, he'll jump right up at you with his B slash, so when jumping in, always have your level pulled back for an airblock, and counter his B with your C slash in the air after blocking if you can. If you start the round and push up to him, he'll start immediately with a low or standing C. That's just the way he is. So immediately jump and hit him with a a C slash from above. After that, just jump in and try to block any of his air attacks and counter. Main thing to avoid is the AB turn around.

vs. Haohmaru
Haohmaru likes to be aggressive, so if you're using Ukyo, this is the best time to use his Dream Mist attack (F,HCF+C). Using anyone else, try to use a lot of cross ups and AB turn arounds. You'll usually move around him in the middle of one of his attacks, which will leave him open for a hit from behind. When he starts getting uber aggressive and dashes at you and moves back and forth with a lot of dashing shit, JUMP back and block. Keep doing that and be prepared to block an attack and immediately counter.

vs. Ukyo
Ukyo rarely jumps in this game. He blocks like a mofo, but you can get him out of his block if you send a projectile at him from close range. If he's in slash, he'll do his afterimage attack. So, after sending your projectile, do an AB dodge and immediately do a special move. You'll block his initial afterimage attack (which has all the priority in the world), and joust on the second (you'll usually hit him. If he's in bust, he might try to do his own heatwave attack, just be prepared to crossup or move in for an AB turn around. After the turnaround, initiate whatever combos you know.

vs. Genjuro
Genj is a real sucker for the AB turnaround. He's more of a bitch in SSIV than here (where you CANNOT jump in on him in IV). The CPU hardly uses Genj to his fullest. No strategy needed. Just sad that hte CPU can't dispatch humans with all his cool shit.

vs. Kyoshiro
As usual, Kyoshiro will jump a lot. use this to your advantage. If usuing any character with an uppercut, this is uppercut training for you. If using Galford, always use his F+AB special move as it will rip Kyoshiro a new asshole. If using Hanzo, do his Bakuenryu fire dragon and be prepared to run underneath and strike from behind. When jumping at Kyoshiro, always block on the way in an use a command throw upon landing (if you're using slash Genjuro, Hanzo, Galford, Basara, Gaira then you're lucky here). If he does his DM, try to jump over it. Kyoshiro is WIDEOPEN during this move, and it's a super bitch to block,so best to just punish him for using that move.

vs. Gaira
Stick to the AB turnaround and combos from his backside. If against slash, avoid air attacks. If against bust, make sure to no jump in deep or he'll catch you his his spinning throw. In close range fighting, the screen compresses a bit much so the fight is 2x harder than it is in SSIV. Still, nothing to get worried about. If you can play a midrange distance game then you'e good against him. In a long distance game, he'll probably pick up on your strategy and start dashing in, jumping over your projectiles, and bequeathing upon you a boot to the head. Be careful.

vs. Rimururu
She's very strong with her C slash and can destroy you fast. However, she's a sucker for the AB turnaround and close air attacks. Start the round by pushing her to the edge then on shobuda either jump at her or do a turn around. Command throws are very helpful against her, so use them regularly and generously.

vs. Shizumaru
Avoid AB turnarounds as he'll jump in the correct direction and hit you from anywhere using his C atack. Avoid crossups because he'll do his spinnign umbrella move. Your best strategy is if you have a projectile, move far away and throw it. Shizumaru will either throw his, which you block in turn, or jump over yours - if he jumps, hit him on the way down. If you're stuck in a scene where he's right next to you, low kick him until he's pushed away, and then block or he'll do his BC overhead. He's one of the harder fights.

vs. Amakusa
No strategy needed. Even the CPU can't play amakusa that well.

vs. Nakoruru
Avoid close range fighting unless you plan to jump in and command throw her. If you have no command throws, try jumping away from her and blocking, then counter attacking.

vs. Basara
If you jump in, he might throw his ring at you, so be prepared to block. If he does throw it, he'll usually throw it again after you block it, so counter attack with a combo or heavy slash as he sends out the second ring. Becareful of staying near the screens, as they obscure his attacks. Whenever you take to the air, block. It's the rule. Keep a mid range game against him and you should do fine. Close range and he will do his command throw on you. Long range and he'll send out the acorn and then his frisbee or pursue you, and it's not quite effective. Best is just to try jumpin on him while you block and then attack on landing.

vs. Zankuro
Move to the edge of the screen away from him, block until he's one body away from you, then jump back and block. He'll slash, you'll be blocking - immediately counterattack with C. Repeat until he has full pow, then play keepaway. Repeat.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Wow, EW, you're the man. Thanks for typing all that out. Think I'll try some of those tips later.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've printed that mini faq out and its great :)

getting a bit better now definately.

thundr51

Bead Banger
Wow, another post on SS3(I need to check this part of the forum more often)
Anyway, great game. My biggest gripe with is game is the time limit, number of bouts per match and (i'm supprised noone mentioned this) TERRIBLE hit detection! It's SO annoying to see your sword go right through your opponent!

As already posted here, the more you learn about this game the better it gets. Once I started paying attention to the rage meter and the counter %'s the outrageous damage made more sense. Meanwhile, I've been messing around with Rimmy(slash) a bit. Kinda bored with nak and ukyo.