Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neo-Geo.com successfully migrated to a new server

Grandmaster Elf
    Overlord (GEO)
    NeoStore, Inc.
    snkusa.com

Neo-Geo.com successfully migrated to a new server

Welcome! If you are viewing this thread then you are now accessing NG.com on the new server.

- Some users may require another 24 to 48 hours to pass before they will be directed to this new server, and during this time they will be posting (& PM’n) on the “old server” (this means that their posts & PM’s won’t be recorded on the new server and will be lost).

- Any posts and PMs you make from this point on will be safely recorded. No more Groundhog Day events are to be expected, until our next server migration (which probably won’t occur until at least 2009).

- Our new server is blazing fast when compared to our old clunker that was overloaded. No errors have been reported thus far and everything appears to be working as they should. Enjoy!

Neo-Geo.com new server specs:
    DELL PowerEdge Server
    MOTHERBOARD PowerEdge 1950
    CPU Dual-Core Xeon 5130 Woodcrest Processor
    MEMORY 4096 MB ECC Memory
    STORAGE 160 GB SATA
    STORAGE 160 GB SATA
    STORAGE SATA RAID 1

NeoStore.com server specs:
    CHASSIS 2U Chassis
    STORAGE 36 GB Enhanced SCSI
    STORAGE Enhanced SCSI RAID 5 Storage
    CPU Dual Xeon 3.0 GHz

DA KINGINDANORFF

Talking

Thanks Shawn, I can tell it's speedier already.

Certified Gamer Chick

Wow! Thanks, Shawn!
    My Nerdy Figure Collection.
    My Photography 'n Art Stash.

Kickass People I've Dealt with: ckchan, c.t.h, insaneben, ookitarepanda, Nesagwa, bokmeow, Lets Gekiga In, Baseley09, Crujones4life, TemJin3000, bleedingrose, dojosky, TokyoSama, AppleiDog, Lovergoat, HentaiSama

Wow no wonder it's so fast...

.asnka

Dyslexic Mods FWT!

got me 2 scalps

Thanks, Shawn. Those new server specs kick ass!

Ryo's Student

PSN:MrNeoGeo
    Wii U:Progearspec

Thumbs up

So finally, ng.com found a new home, thanks a lot Shawn.

On to the next five years...

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    STORAGE SATA Dual-core RAID 1

Genbu's Turtle Keeper

icon23.gif

does it run MAME? Is it JAMMA?

OldSkool4Life

Thanks Shawn!!

GAMEFAN

Legendary Member

/gives Shawn a firm manly slap on his ass as if this were football...

Administrator

w00t!

Now the craptastic sludge filling the War Room will come at you lighting quick!

b l i n g b l i n g

Thanks shawn, seems alot quicker!

Exclamation

DETECTIVE WORK AND BANHAMMERING ARE NOW FASTER.

DREDD IS PLEASED.
    J. Dredd

-Prepare to be Judged-

The new server is nice... now all NG.com needs is a redesign

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by billd420
    The new server is nice... now all NG.com needs is a redesign
    maybe you need a redesign

Formerly Punjab

Question

Welcome! If you are viewing this thread then you are now accessing NG.com on the new server.

- Some users may require another 24 to 48 hours to pass before they will be directed to this new server, and during this time they will be posting (& PM’n) on the “old server” (this means that their posts & PM’s won’t be recorded on the new server and will be lost).

- Any posts and PMs you make from this point on will be safely recorded. No more Groundhog Day events are to be expected, until our next server migration (which probably won’t occur until at least 2009).

- Our new server is blazing fast when compared to our old clunker that was overloaded. No errors have been reported thus far and everything appears to be working as they should. Enjoy!

Neo-Geo.com new server specs:
    DELL PowerEdge Server
    MOTHERBOARD PowerEdge 1950
    CPU Dual-Core Xeon 5130 Woodcrest Processor
    STORAGE 160 GB SATA
    STORAGE 160 GB SATA
    STORAGE SATA RAID 1

NeoStore.com server specs:
    CHASSIS 2U Chassis
    STORAGE Enhanced SCSI RAID 5 Storage
    CPU Dual Xeon 3.0 GHz
    Shawn,

I got a question for you about the upgrade...

Why?

Is the Neo Store still doing brisk biz? I just wonder since the actual Neo is dead and most of this board consists of people who don't really know or care about SNK or the system that put them on the map. I figured this place's days were numbered, I guess I was wrong. I'm not ungrateful by any means, just a little puzzled.

Rock on, N-G.com. Rock on.

Angel's Love Slave

my hats off to shawn, keep up the great work on NG.com
    Had happy dealings with: JMKurtz, billd420 (before you know, lol), racecar, neo alec, asianxcore, CheapNeoGeo, Xian Xi, Dracula AD 1972, SNKJorge, BoyProdigy, bamarquez226, Ralf501, NeoCverA, DegenerateSkate, loegan43, DevilRedeemed, eastbayarb, werejag, BIG BEAR, NEgO MANIAC & channelmaniac

Grandmaster Elf
    Overlord (GEO)
    NeoStore, Inc.
    snkusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz
    Shawn,

I got a question for you about the upgrade...

Why?

Is the Neo Store still doing brisk biz? I just wonder since the actual Neo is dead and most of this board consists of people who don't really know or care about SNK or the system that put them on the map. I figured this place's days were numbered, I guess I was wrong. I'm not ungrateful by any means, just a little puzzled.

Rock on, N-G.com. Rock on.
    The NeoStore’s server is already 2.5 years old. It was only NG.com that just migrated to a new server. It’s true that there are no new releases to look forward to and sales will probably never be as active as they once were. Yet NG.com is not about the NeoStore. Remember, NG.com came first with no plans of an actual store. The NeoStore evolved out of my personal trading page.

Regardless, the sites have been built, the NeoStore is decently stocked, and the forums remain active. The memories of SNK and the NeoGeo will always be around, as will the hardware & games, so I see no reason why this site shouldn’t remain as well. I can honestly say that the thought of closing NG.com has never been a consideration of mine.

P.S.: Besides, NG.com wouldn’t need to be shut down, there are others who would gladly step in and take over the reigns. If anything, I need to create a will to bequeath NG.com to the appropriate admin(s)/mod(s) so that this site will live on, as it should.

P.P.S.: Most people originally came here because of the NeoGeo, but if some wish to remain to discuss other topics then I think that's great too. Bring it on!

Rugal's Thug

thanks site loads much faster keep up the good work
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Assembler Games: IsometricMode

Formerly Punjab

icon26.gif

The NeoStore’s server is already 2.5 years old. It was only NG.com that just migrated to a new server. It’s true that there are no new releases to look forward to and sales will probably never be as active as they once were. Yet NG.com is not about the NeoStore. Remember, NG.com came first with no plans of an actual store. The NeoStore evolved out of my personal trading page.

Regardless, the sites have been built, the NeoStore is decently stocked, and the forums remain active. The memories of SNK and the NeoGeo will always be around, as will the hardware & games, so I see no reason why this site shouldn’t remain as well. I can honestly say that the thought of closing NG.com has never been a consideration of mine.

P.S.: Besides, NG.com wouldn’t need to be shut down, there are others who would gladly step in and take over the reigns. If anything, I need to create a will to bequeath NG.com to the appropriate admin(s)/mod(s) so that this site will live on, as it should.

P.P.S.: Most people originally came here because of the NeoGeo, but if some wish to remain to discuss other topics then I think that's great too. Bring it on!
    Good enough for me.

15 year old

I lost about ten posts.

Oh, well. Thanks for keeping the site alive and well Shawn!

MAX POWA SURGE!

hearing you say that just made my night. even though i dont post here all that much, it doesnt mean that i dont come here every single day waiting to read whats been posted and see who is whoring who in the war room. thanks for keeping the neo alive for those of us that still have a passion for the neo geo, just like others had back when the neo was still alive. ive grown very attached to this site, and without it i couldnt imagine being near as into the neo as i am. the stories and the community mean alot. thanks man. *feels gay after posting this *
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn OrochiEddie's Avatar

w00t! thanks shawn.
    http://www.riffnralk.com
    Nonsensical Podcasts and articles about music and somewhat music related things.
    http://calamitydown.bandcamp.com/ - I also make weird music

Thread Information