Ibara: pcb vs. port? (noob)

bay

Armored Scrum Object
Circa2113 said:
Fujita has the PCB only listed at 103,000 yen which is about 850-860 dollars. It comes down to what you are willing to pay for the art and box I suppose.

thats not a bad deal on the pcb for right now.

as a note, i haven't seen the art for sale seperately yet.

the box is a normal cave/ami box, however the "first" run of boxes had a black label sticker on the box. if this box has that sticker, consider it a more desirable box for collections.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Thanks for all the feedback I am querying the spec and condition.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I bottled it, decided to be a cheap ass and got the standard Ibara PCB instead.

It should arrive tomorrow YAY!!

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
bloodhokuto said:
I bottled it, decided to be a cheap ass and got the standard Ibara PCB instead.

It should arrive tomorrow YAY!!

Just curious. Where are you located?

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
PYONGYANG!!

No, I'm from a little town in Kent, England.

(Someone has to live there).

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Yesss, it turned up yesterday, PCB, Art etc but no box :( (where can I get a box do you think)? In the meantime I have housed it in an A5 box folder

Mind you I had some teething problems after I fired it up;

1) No sound - turns out it that someone had just turned this off in the setup menu (at least I think just on the attract mode).

2) Coin error :( and it took me 20 mins after trying joypads/sticks and pretty much fannying around to realise that all I had to do was set it to freeplay, thank Christ for the convenient set-up button!

The Pcb is so much better than the Port, the graphics look a LOT better! Not only is it much more gentle on the eye, so I can appreciate all the little details and believe me you can see that all the sprites are clear and in some instances animate better.

I possibly prefer the arranged mode set up on the Port, but at the same time the original play mode is more challenging.

I'm glad I finally got the PCB, like some 2 years following it's release. I remember when it was first playtested and them come out and I was so tempted to just pick it up for silly money.

I waited patiently for the port and was disapointed, initially in how it played, but more so by how awful the porting was, in the same way that Mushi was butchered. It is very hard for me to play these games if I am put off by the graphics.

Anyways, it's here now and I expect the PS3, 360 Wii etc to gather dust.

:)

IbaraUnited.jpg

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
bloodhokuto said:
Yesss, it turned up yesterday, PCB, Art etc but no box :( (where can I get a box do you think)? In the meantime I have housed it in an A5 box folder

Mind you I had some teething problems after I fired it up;

1) No sound - turns out it that someone had just turned this off in the setup menu (at least I think just on the attract mode).

2) Coin error :( and it took me 20 mins after trying joypads/sticks and pretty much fannying around to realise that all I had to do was set it to freeplay, thank Christ for the convenient set-up button!

The Pcb is so much better than the Port, the graphics look a LOT better! Not only is it much more gentle on the eye, so I can appreciate all the little details and believe me you can see that all the sprites are clear and in some instances animate better.

I possibly prefer the arranged mode set up on the Port, but at the same time the original play mode is more challenging.

I'm glad I finally got the PCB, like some 2 years following it's release. I remember when it was first playtested and them come out and I was so tempted to just pick it up for silly money.

I waited patiently for the port and was disapointed, initially in how it played, but more so by how awful the porting was, in the same way that Mushi was butchered. It is very hard for me to play these games if I am put off by the graphics.

Anyways, it's here now and I expect the PS3, 360 Wii etc to gather dust.

:)

IbaraUnited.jpg

I think I need to be alone right now.....................................:D fap fap fap

LARGE KRO

n00b
100 would seem unrealistically low

I red that 100 kits were produced for DDP Dai Ouj Jou Black Label and 100 for Ibara Kuro but Cave has produced 100 more kits for Ibara due to high demand, so there should be arround 200 for Ibara BL if source was right. the stickered box might also correspond to the first or second production of the kit. One doesn't has it but I can't remember.