whats a fair price for a consolized atomswave

bobcat

do not trade with, SCAMMER
Hey im thinking of getting a consolized atomswave soon.Whats a fair price for one?I know kenny has one for $899 on ebay and it comes with one game and two controllers.

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just get a PlayStation2 with Metal Slug 6, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Samurai Spirits Tenka and soon to be released Hokuto no Ken. Save your money, and get a arcade cabinet with cheaper and more usefull hardware like MVS, CPS2 etc.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
bobcat said:
Hey im thinking of getting a consolized atomswave soon.Whats a fair price for one?I know kenny has one for $899 on ebay and it comes with one game and two controllers.

game + hardware (including controller) @ $400.

So you just figure if the consolization is worth $499.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think the $899 was one of his 20 cent listings.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
I think the $899 was one of his 20 cent listings.

I don't know what the hell you just said but the auction he's talking about has the BIN option to get the game and controllers, otherwise, you're bidding on the system only.

Im sure he can find what he needs and have someone mod it for him for a much more reasonable price but I don't know.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I don't know what the hell you just said but the auction he's talking about has the BIN option to get the game and controllers, otherwise, you're bidding on the system only.

Im sure he can find what he needs and have someone mod it for him for a much more reasonable price but I don't know.

Whenever ebay has 10 cent and 20 cent listing days people always but a high BIN price just to see if someone bites. I always see MVS kits go a little higher than normal but people do buy them. A lot of the collectors on DP do the same with rare stuff. Some guy put his Gold NWC NES cart on ebay with a BIN of $20,000, nobody bought it but people were giving him offers as high $14,000, crazy.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Whenever ebay has 10 cent and 20 cent listing days people always but a high BIN price just to see if someone bites. I always see MVS kits go a little higher than normal but people do buy them. A lot of the collectors on DP do the same with rare stuff. Some guy put his Gold NWC NES cart on ebay with a BIN of $20,000, nobody bought it but people were giving him offers as high $14,000, crazy.

Id sell that shit for 14,000 bucks. Fuck.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Well, a fair price for a consolized atomiswave would be whatever you (potential buyer) feel its worth. If you're cool with spending $899 on it, then go for it. Personally I wouldn't spend that much, but then I wouldn't even be willing to spend the $499 that NeoCverA suggested. I would suggest getting a PS2 and the ports like Akihabara recommended. But then I don't have an AW or PS2, and I have very little intention of getting either.

Don't forget that AW is pretty much a no longer supported system. Playmore isn't making any more games for it, and I don't think anyone else is either.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
It seems like a lot of companies are switching to PC-based hardware. I've noticed several new arcade machines that basically contain a wintel PC.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
68HC000 said:
It seems like a lot of companies are switching to PC-based hardware. I've noticed several new arcade machines that basically contain a wintel PC.
Maybe I missed something.

What the fuck does that have to do with the price of a consolized Atomiswave?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
alec said:
Don't forget that AW is pretty much a no longer supported system. Playmore isn't making any more games for it, and I don't think anyone else is either.

hence moving to PC-based hardware.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, I'd say if you really want one, wait a while since the hardware is no longer supported. The prices on the games and boards should drop significantly. You have to watch out too, I see a lot of people consolizing AW's and selling them with four button controllers. A lot of AW games use a five button layout like Guilty Gear. I saw one on Ebay with four button controllers, and when I asked him about it, he said the fifth button on games that support it(which is a lot), is mapped to the start button??? No good. Make sure it has a proper five button setup.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm in the process or moving from the AW to PS2 and just sticking with MVS,cps2 ect instead because it's just too expensive for games that are the same if not better on the PS2.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
caleb1883 said:
Yeah, I'd say if you really want one, wait a while since the hardware is no longer supported. The prices on the games and boards should drop significantly. You have to watch out too, I see a lot of people consolizing AW's and selling them with four button controllers. A lot of AW games use a five button layout like Guilty Gear. I saw one on Ebay with four button controllers, and when I asked him about it, he said the fifth button on games that support it(which is a lot), is mapped to the start button??? No good. Make sure it has a proper five button setup.

I agree with this, I have owned two demolishfist kits in the past an picked them up for under $200.00 each (brand new). They each came with buttons, controls and cpo. Dont pay anymore Than $150.00-$200.00 for a mobo. Hold out untill prices get close to what the imports on ps2 would cost new. I still have not had a chance to play anything more than demolishfist and it really does suck but those are the bricks till prices fall.

brumma

NEST Puppet
$899 is fookin' INSANE. There are plenty of AW mobos available, some even around the $200 mark. And a reasonable person will charge somewhere in the range of $175 to $350 to do the consolization, depending on what options you want (i.e., NeoBitz board with s-video, component, etc).

I got my set-up, which included a new motherboard and consolization--consisting of parts and installation of RGB output (I use the AW's native VGA output), power switch, test and credit buttons, a power supply, as well as wiring modifications for 2 Dreamcast sticks, and I got it all for $450 (not including the controllers, which I got on eBay for about $60 each).

If you're really interested, take the time to inform yourself. There are lots of resources on the internet and plenty of alternatives for you to choose from. The games are expensive, but the VGA output looks really nice, and I enjoy playing them in their original format. On the other hand, I don't condemn anyone who wants to play the ports. It's your choice.

Justin

Banned
I will trade my Atari flashback for a modded ars and a mint copy of metal slug