Wild Ambition Playstation vs. Hyper 64 version

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
derboo said:
You can't expect a perfect port, but you could expect WAY more in terms of graphics and sounds from the PS1. This was one year after Tekken 3 was released on PS1.

So the graphics and especially sound effects are really bad, even if you only look at the Playstation port (which i actually did, don't know the original), but the gameplay is really good, nonetheless.
Ditto! However Namco's work is been harnessing for years ahead of SNK when it comes to 3D fighters and playstation. Tekken 2 was also fantasticly ported, but Tekken 1 wasn't as fluid as the arcade.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
You're right about that, the Neo CD version is excellent, but I think if a game wasn't made originally on certain system as the Neo CD, I would consider the SS3 release a port, since it came like a year after the original MVS.

All the games on the Neo CD have that special care when it comes to the translation from Cartridges to CD access, but nonetheless are not perfect as far as animation goes.
The older games are perfect, and since the hardware is essentially the same (no reprogramming needed for in-game) I can't consider Neo CD versions ports.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
The older games are perfect, and since the hardware is essentially the same (no reprogramming needed for in-game) I can't consider Neo CD versions ports.
That's valid with older games, but SS3? Either way to each it's own.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
Oh! I was all confused.

I see. SS3 is bad ass. I like SS4 a lot also... never thought to compare them as far as sound and sprites and such... I played a lot more SS4 back in the day, so I'd probably be a little more biased towards it, but I LOVE SS3 also.

it's all taste. I'd still rather play SS4 than most other games out there. But I know which games are superior

:upf: :B: :forw: :B: :back: :forw: :B: :C: FTK

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
That's valid with older games, but SS3? Either way to each it's own.
You're thinking of 4.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
The greates thing about that game is the polygon detection, instead the collision boxes used in 2d games.

THat was gret! You could easily miss a low kick, if the other player was doing a kick at the same time - rising the leg, so you couldn't reach him.

That added MUCH in versus mode. I had a blast playing it with some friends.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
The greates thing about that game is the polygon detection, instead the collision boxes used in 2d games.

THat was gret! You could easily miss a low kick, if the other player was doing a kick at the same time - rising the leg, so you couldn't reach him.

That added MUCH in versus mode. I had a blast playing it with some friends.

that was definitely the best part of the hyper games as a whole.