A moment of silence, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
22 is far to young to die. :(

About the accident? Was it his fault or someone
elses? Were any other people involved in it?

To burry his own child must be the hardest disaster
possible, for a parent.
I wish his parents the strength to overcome this
ordeal.

Queequeg

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i have no details really, the whole reason i know anything is cause works for me, and because it happened early in the morning/late at night so there is nothing in the local press.

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
I also Refuse to beleive this...
Steve was really cool, and a really good friend, i did a lot of deals with him and even complete it one about 2 weeks ago on ebay...
He was a True friend to the neo community and he will be miss....
My prayers will be with him tonigh....

PS.Thank you for the Sad and horrible news...

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
I can't believe this.

I would much rather look like an ass for believing that he is gone than looking like a TOTAL ASS for asking for proof.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
That really sucks. It is too bad that he died in a car accident. crying This may sound strange to you guys but I think that he should be burried with his Neo Geo. In ancient times people were burried with their most prized things. I think that it would be fitting for him to be burried with his Neo and a favorite game. That way he could play the game for the rest of eternity. I know that if I died I would like to be burried with my Neo and Eight Man. I hope that his family can get over this and move on with their lives.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Tattoo, Riotofotheblood... please confirm this..

Is this true?

I just talked with him a couple days ago....

†B†V†

Queequeg

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
the only proof i have is that his dad called in this morning and informed us of what happened. i highly doubt that either him or his dad would do this as a joke. i am making this judgment call on the fact that i have known him for about two years.
Also, as soon as i find something in the papers, i will post it here, at the begining of the thread. i think thats fair.
furthermore, (and i am asking nicely), please stop asking for proof. if you knew him, and would like to wish his friends and family well, or would like to rember him from a story, post it in here.

oh yeah, i am going to print this thread to help comfort his parents.

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Queequeg ]</small>

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
Queequeg:
the only proof i have is that his dad called in this morning and informed us of what happened. i highly doubt that either him or his dad would do this as a joke. i am making this judgment call on the fact that i have known him for about two years.
Also, as soon as i find something in the papers, i will post it here, at the begining of the thread. i think thats fair.
furthermore, (and i am asking nicely), please stop asking for proof. if you knew him, and would like to wish his friends and family well, or would like to rember him from a story, post it in here.

I agree with ya there. A parent wouldn't joke about stuff like that.

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Tora Kouhi ]</small>

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
well... his cabinet rests in safe hands :)

I didn't know him that well(never meeting him in person)... but I have had a number of great conversations with him...

My sympathies to his friends, and family...
May God comfort your family too.

rest in peace

†B†V†

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Bluevoodu ]</small>

S

SAMHAIN

SAMHAIN bows his head in respect....

thats just way to young togo...
my condolences to his family...r.i.p

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
Folks I dont know what to say here. Steve was my first friend here on these boards. I met him in chat and we talked for awhile, this was back in the day when Hanzo was still a mod, Prozerg, SamuraiX, the good ole days.....

Tool was still known as Breadslice and me and Steve use to pm back and forth playing good cop bad cop funning with him and joking around. Steve was one of the funniest guys to talk to ever. Though I never got a chance to meet him, he was thought of as a friend, a good friend and I am deeply saddened.

Kevin (Riotoftheblood), Steve and I were all very close for along time.

Fuck I am just babbling now, for once I am truely at a loss for words.

Godspeed my friend, you will truely be missed.

s2112d

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
I send my condolensces to his family and friends. I sold Steve my old neo geo home cart system last year and he was such a nice guy. Very sad day and he will be truly missed. R.I.P. friend. :(

Sal

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: s2112d ]</small>

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i didn't know the thread had been moved. what the hell is this man. it just kinda puts things into perspective. granted it's the internet he still seemed like a friend, a compatriot, hell a drinking buddy; whatever you called him the song remains the same. a good guy and a good buddy to quite a few people here. he will indeed be missed.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Steve was the first person I met in person from the forums... in fact, he invited me to his house. We used to hang out weekly, in fact we were like brothers. Lately he had been spending more time with his ex-girlfriend... I know he was deeply distraught when they broke up, and
I hope this has nothing to do with that...

Despite his depression he still fought to keep a positive attitude. Truly a nice, genuine guy inside. I know that Tattoo and Spike Spiegel, who also knew him in person, feel the same as I do.

RIP brother.

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: RiotoftheBlood ]</small>

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Guys - keep this thread civil. Even with people making disrespectful comments don't turn it into a thread war.

MM has his eye on this thread so I'm sure appropriate action will be taken.

My thoughts go out to Steve's family. It does not get much worse than this.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
That cannot be! I know Steve personally! I cannot believe it... he's a very cool guy, please someone tell me this is a horrible joke!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
shit. :(
it's about fucking time for some good news, but nooo ...

edit : AM, grow up, show at least a little respect and shut the fuck up. your postings are more than unnecessary.

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: supergoose79 ]</small>

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
NO more flames
NO more rebuttles to AM NeoGeo

The axe now swings swiftly and sharply without warning.

aria

Former Moderator
Queequeg:

That call establishes enough proof for me. This is truly terrible.

My wholehearted condolences to the family. Such a bright young man. He was working for a lab in college, as I recall. What a future he had ahead of him!

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Bobak ]</small>

tattoo

Marked Wolf
MegaDrive 20XX:
He will be missed. It's hitting me harder than if I actually knew him personally. I mean I got used to seeing his posts, (as with others in online BBS) and through that you feel you know the person, sometimes even better than if you actually were face to face. To hear that he's dead only makes worse the fact I will see no more of his posts. He was a good man from what I could see... and a die-hard gamer until the end. I will definately have him in my prayers along with his family left behind. I've got a first name (Steve) but what's his last? Does anyone know? I feel kind of strange (no joke here ppl so don't start with me okay) praying to God about SNK4Ever... I need a real name.
His name was Steve Howarth....R.I.P Bro :confused:

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I can't believe this. He was such a cool guy on the forums and in chat. My prayers go out to his family, this has got to be the toughest time they've ever had to face. Rest in peace SNK4ever, until we meet again...

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
this just goes to show you how short life can be....

never put anything off that you were going to do...

I mean, one day we are talking to the guy, the next.... he is gone.

Like I said, I never got to meet him in person, but through talking with him.. he was a pretty cool guy.

Wish I could have got up there with SNK4Ever, Tattoo, and riotoftheblood on their last meeting....

†B†V†

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
22 = F'n young...

SNK4EVER

Rest In Peace

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Oh no... He was such a great guy, too. A good person and a good friend. This sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.