A moment of Silence for the passing of a member: Sifl

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Former Moderator
It is with great regret that Charlie and I have to report the passing of another one of our Community's solid members: Sifl. The cause was likely complications from a brain tumor. For those of us that remember posting with him, it is a great loss. He was a valued member of the community.

Sifl was one of the founding members of Neo-Geo.com, joining in on 10-13-2000. He was an active poster, only taking lulls when his work for the United States Navy took more of his time. While he loved serving his country, he was less than thrilled about being posted in a weather station in Iceland which led to his frequent visits to the Forums. Sifl was sent back to his home in Wisconsin when it was discovered that he had a brain tumor, which he noted on the forums here. He went through brain surgery and numerous treatments, and his posting on the forums became less frequent.

His final post was on 08-27-2003, noting that his favorite beer was Rolling Rock. His last recorded activity (likely a visit) was on the site was on 11-03-2003, he died just over a month later. I'd noticed his lack of activity this past year, but hoped for the best. I posted about it in the "old member" thread in Unrelated, and Charlie found the obit --confirming the worst.

Obit from Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
obituary said:
Racine County Obituaries
From the Journal Sentinel
Posted: Dec. 27, 2003

Frank Allan Allds Jr., 22
Services were Dec. 20 for Frank Allan Allds Jr., who died Dec. 17. He was 22.

He was serving as an AG3 Aerographer in the U.S. Navy.

Survivors include his father, Frank Allds Sr. of Oak Creek, and his mother and stepfather, Jackye (John) Mickelson of Wheatland; one sister, Lauren Allds of Lake Geneva; and his grandparents, Duke (Jan) Smith, Carol Smith and Doug (Lynn) Allds.

The Schuette-Daniels Funeral Home, 625 S. Browns Lake Drive, Burlington, handled the arrangements.

Image from the Photo Album:

FAllds.jpg

CAPTION: Behold Magnificent Icelandic Weather.
Naval Air Station Keflavik, Iceland

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?u=141

Sifl took his username from one of his favorite sites, Sifl 'n Olly.

A memorial page, like those created for SNK4EVER and Jigen will be created. This thread will be kept open as a memorial thread and linked to that page.

It is with great sadness that the Neo-Community must bid farewell to another member.

Frank, the entire NG.com Community raises a Rolling Rock to Heaven for you.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, he was definitely a major personality from the old days of neo-geo.com. I never put 2 and 2 together until Bobak was talking about him earlier. I hope the best for his family and friends. I know he'll be playing the neogeo in the sky.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
This is so very sad.
All of these fellow members that we are losing, so young.
My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

he was one of the first here along with my self and others. I enjoyed his posts and just his being here alltogether.His presence here on the forums will be missed.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
its a shame. never really talked to him but i recognized his user name and member pic. :crying:

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
Damn, he died way back in '03? So young.....death accompanies us everyday.....whether we accept it or not.....who knows how many members here died that are less known....life is precious....

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Very sorry to read about this as I remember him being a very active part of the community here..You figure people get fed up alot and just move on with other interests.
This announcement is better late than not at all and his pesence will be sorely missed.
-BB

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I remember him well definately had a strong character and made me laugh more than a few times. I had noticed he had stopped posting for quite a while and tbh always wondered why, i did'nt know about the brain tumour untill i saw Bobak post in the old members surfacing thread.

I never even thought it would come to this.

RIP Good Buddy!

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
even tho i didnt know him that well, its always a shock to me when someone, especially on this board, passes on...

RIP, good sir.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Wow....

So weird that you kind of forget about a user when they don't post for awhile, you never think that death is the reason.

We've lost too many on this site in the past few years, and my condolences go out once again :(

I'm glad candycab was alright after his incident a year back or so, as these threads are becoming far too common around here....

Lets hope this is the last one we see for a long long time.

Q-

Vernon

"Stumpy"
I have never known him but I am very sorry for this....

what can I only say: Rest In Peace man.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
He was a good guy, he'll be missed. Just seeing that old James Garner sig of his brought me back a few years. Rest in peace.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
He was a member here, but he was also my friend. He always supported me and never once did he turn his back on me. He deserves the highest honor of respect from everyone here for his fandom of the neo, his contributions to the site.. He was as hardcore as they come.

I remember seeing him comment on his condition here and it was really shocking to me. I'm sad to hear he has passed on. He was a good man and his memory here will always live on.
We fought NGF back in the day, he was a fan of Iori in KOF.

He was my friend and I will never forget him.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I remember having some good fights with him when the us went to afghanistan, which always ended in he calling me a communist, or "Living too close to Russia"

Rip.

Lawrence Blood

Dodgeball Yakuza
I barely knew the guy, since I joined. From what I have heard about him, he was a really great guy to talk to. Like the other said, my condolences to all of his family and friends.

I know Im not very good at these, especially with people I don't know very well but...I know that if he was still alive, I would have been honored to call him "friend."

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
wow, that sucks. :( of course I remember him, mainly because he posted in some Shock Troopers threads. That pretty much automatically made him a cool person in my book. Actually I even remember him being the first one to get the username Iori, and then changed it over to Sifl (back when the forums actually allowed you to change your username manually).

Rest in peace, man. :(

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Man, sorry to hear this...:( may he rest in peace

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
so sorry to hear about this. may he rest in peace.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
:crying:
R.I.P man, Hope your battering Elvis on KOF '98 in heaven!

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I remember him from a long time back, and I think I remember reading reviews he wrote. Really sad to hear that he passed away, I remember him being a very cool guy. :crying:

Kaz

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
"Yes, that's right. Two hundred dollars a day, plus expenses."

Who could forget that sig.

I'm sure it's nicer than Iceland where you are now with a Rolling Rock and a Neo stick. Peace Bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.