DaisukeJigen/NotJigen...In Memory Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Well I'll be goddamned.....This is indeed terrible and even though you may or may not have liked him, he was a part of a family, our family. We got to try to end this pointless hatred for one another here on the forum because, just like that, we can be gone from existence. I would like to take this time to thank him for turning me on to Lupin III on Cartoon Network which one of my favorite programs to watch on TV right now. I never knew well, but my heart and prayers goes out to his family and may he score a double perfect or beat Heroes 2 with one credit wherever he may be. Godbless, Jigen. frown

dfx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
it make's me sad to hear this..
sorry that i couldnt manage to find you a
fft le box...

rest in peace

deniz

biocat

Kula's Candy
This is very very sad. I'm sorry to hear about his passing. Please accept my condolences.

nobu

Stakes Winner
he was...only

20 years old
damn

if God has a reason for this
well

it's not a good reason

R.I.P.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
now that i had some time to think about the whole situtation, i'd like to add some more sentences. (please bear with my relatively poor english. this is meant to be positive and i hope, that i didn't make too many mistakes.)

it may sound stupid, but i feel kind of bad, that i never visited him in the chat room.
i mean ... i've known his internet persona 'Jigen' for about 2 years (might have been more, since this is my 2nd account), but i only talked to him on the forums or via pm and just can't get the thought out of my head, that we might have been bored at the same time and that i should have entered the chat room at least once. ... fuckin' once in two years ... :( ... but no ... i've always been too shy ... too shy, because i thought, that i'm way too slow for chatting in english. :(

as JHendrix said : it's strange, that you can miss someone, that you never met in person. i honestly don't know, if i will miss him as much as my aunt or my grandma, but i definitely feel empty atm. shit ... he's actually been on my 'list' of ng.com members, that i'd like to meet up with ... someday. i never thought, that he might loose his battle against this f*ckin' disease. i mean ... i knew, that it's been something serious, but he seemed to be so strong ... :(

@ Clint's family :
Clint was a good guy. he's always been friendly, never seemed to be selfish, had a great sense of humor and i know, that he also cared about others. you can be proud of him. he will be missed by his friends, from all over the world.

i wish you all the best of luck and the needed strength.

falk schumann
germany

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
The more I think about it the more I realize that he and I shared more jokes and conversations than I had previously remembered. I think he once edited a picture of mine. He took some ugly picture of me and put "cool as ice" under it and used it to make fun of me. In a good way, though; I thought it was funny. That caption really was appropriate to the picture. If he's not the one who made it then I at least remember that he used it. I remember those images of him doing a dance or pointing to that sign above a theater. He used to call me Dr. Hawkmoon although I don't know exactly why. I remember having a few conversations with him in chat. I remember everyone standing up for him after that CGE incident and the massive outcry that caused. I also remember that he laid low during those times. Maybe he was sick and in the hospital, but I thought that he was just trying not to cause people to feel sorry for him. He never wanted that. I could tell he didn't and that's why I didn't ever ask why he needed oxygen tubes. I don't know how expected his death was to those who knew him well, but it's totally out of the blue to me. Just a few days ago he was here. It's very odd; very sad.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I can't believe this happened. I knew of his health issues, but I never thought that it would come to this. I could never say enough about Clint. He was a truely inspiring human being. I am honored that I got to meet him, in an arcade auction no less, and his friend shawn. You will remain in the hearts of everyone that has met you forever.

R.I.P Clint. See you soon.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
This is very unforunate news. It is clear that he had a profound and positive impact in the video game community. I will miss his presence.

Carlson

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
God, I remember the first time I had it explained to me what Cystic Fibrosis actually was- it was on a news program (Like 20/20 or something in the same vein) and I was horrified. I grew up with somewhat severe breathing problems as a small kid, and imagining what a kid with Cystic Fibrosis had to go through sent chills up my spine.

So incredibly fucked up, I mean, think about it- we all take something like breathing for granted. I mean, it just happens, involuntarily and unless you're trapped in a sinking submarine or a burning building you never think about breathing.

Can you imagine going through life with a pair of mucus filled lungs?

Holy crap Jigen,

You were a freakin prince.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
The thing about Jigen that was incredible is that he accepted the cards that were dealt him to the point of being able to laugh about it. It never felt uncomfortable talking to him about his illness because he never allowed it to be the defining characteristic of his life.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
neobuyer:
God, I remember the first time I had it explained to me what Cystic Fibrosis actually was- it was on a news program (Like 20/20 or something in the same vein) and I was horrified. I grew up with somewhat severe breathing problems as a small kid, and imagining what a kid with Cystic Fibrosis had to go through sent chills up my spine.

So incredibly fucked up, I mean, think about it- we all take something like breathing for granted. I mean, it just happens, involuntarily and unless you're trapped in a sinking submarine or a burning building you never think about breathing.

Can you imagine going through life with a pair of mucus filled lungs?

Holy crap Jigen,

Every time I played him in SS3 netplay, which was only recently as he just got the MVS cart and a pad, he used to tell me the reaons he chose slash ukyo all the time frown

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
<strong>
neobuyer:
Every time I played him in SS3 netplay, which was only recently as he just got the MVS cart and a pad, he used to tell me the reaons he chose slash ukyo all the time :( </strong>[/QUOTE]

Ukyo had tuberculosis right?

....I can see the parallels

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
Im posting this message for joseph.
I spoke with him in chat

"Im... so sad..
its never going to be the same without you.
-joseph"

Can a mod PLEASE let joseph in for a few posts?
He was friends with clint and he deserves to be able to give him words without having to have someone else do it for him.

<small>[ June 17, 2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: mookystains ]</small>

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
You know, reading all these posts here and thinking about Jigen, I kinda feel selfish sometimes. I've had my own fair share of health problems and although I'm not 100% fit even now, at least I am still here and I can still get around and do all the things I want to do. Hell, I spend time out skateboarding, I can go out and drink with my buds and anything else.

I have things easy compared to many other people, but even so I still find time to complain about stuff occasionally. I guess times like these make you thankful that life has dealt you a pretty good hand compared to many others... and I think that's something we should ALL think about from time to time.

Kaz

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
My thoughts are with you my friend.
I will miss ours chats & your wicked sense of humor.

My sincere condolences go out to all his family.
-Trey

BAOBOY

New Challenger
I wanted to say a few things more. I did hardly know clint because iam new to neo-geo forums but i did enjoy reading clints posts on the forums and now i wish i would have known him better. He was a great guy and well be missed but not forgotten.

John

yoalpster

n00b
Hi all. Yoalpster (Shawn F.) here. I just wanted to let everyone know that the services for clint were really nice. I was one of the Pall Bearers, and when an uncle got sick, they asked me to speak in front of everyone. I showed the 3 leaf notebook with over 230 posts since news got out, and read what I had printed on my website. It was hard to see the word thru the tears, but I let everyone know that he had HUNDREDS of friends online (all of you) that couldn't make it to the ceremonies.

The music that SonGohan dedicated was downloaded and played at the church, along with some Jazz he picked out and other japanese music form sources I couldn't identify. There wasn't a dry face on anyone.

My friend Jeff (aka styrofoamhead) had a great idea to make a wreath out of controllers, so we all chipped in last night and made this kick ass wreath that His dad took home to hang above the Neo-Geo he got in April at the last arcade auction we went to.

As I type this, REZ is cranking on a 31 inch TV screen, being blasted through 3 ft. tall speakers, with friends viddying and drinking all night. I know that his mom and dad, and even his grandparents, asked for copies of the messages of this post, just further proving how fucking cool Clint actually was, and how many were touched by him - which makes you guys cool as hell, too.

I feel like I've met most of you, just from reading your posts over the last 2 days. I will need help on fixing my 6-slot upright since Clint is no longer here (he's alrerady pointed me to you, Briggs) and I'll need some help getting some kick ass games, and learning to appreciate my machine as much as you guys worship the MVS. Clint sold me, so now I'll stretch my legs in here and tell everyone hi. Glad you cared about the little shit as much as I did. He was basically my brother, and other than his house or the hospital, he came here.

Anyway, glad to be here, and I just thought an update was in order. We're watching Clint's sister play Rez for the first time, which is quite funny....

Later people,
Shawn aka yoalpster

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
It seems so strange.
He was posting as normal (here and at at SC.com) one day and suddenly this....
I never really spoke or conversed with him, but he was a good member of both forums and it's sad that he is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.