Hyper 64 - What's the deal?

HBCoffin

NEST Puppet
So what's the deal with the Hyper 64? Is it like a failed system? I don't see much about it posted here and it seems not many games were made for it. It doesn't seem to run too much on most websites either. Would it be a bad or good idea to purchase this board in the future?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
HBCoffin said:
I don't see much about it posted here

seriously? There's tons posted here and they clearly outline the system games and the "deal".

Pretty cut-and-dried.

Why are you asking? If you are interested, then get one as they are cheap.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Hyper fucking rocks. Anyone that says other wise hasn't played it.

HBCoffin

NEST Puppet
Damn, put the gun down man! Hah, I was only asking, what I meant by I don't see much posted, is that the Hyper-64 Section in the forum didn't have many threads. I've seen people making posts about it in Tech Support and other places plenty of times, just never took the time to read up on it, so I decided to ask here, which seemed like the right place to ask. I wasn't insulting it, I've never played it, and I know nothing about it, I was asking about it here because I'd figure this would be the best place to be informed. I wasn't calling it a "failed system" I just noticed there weren't many games, and hell, people consider the Virtual Boy a failed system, but I have nothing against the Virtual Boy, I thought it was pretty cool (you guys might think it sucks, but hey, that's what opinion is all about). All I wanted was some background info and a simple answer to whether it's a good investment. I figured I'd buy one anyway, seems affordable, and I love collecting stuff too. Sorry, I guess I should have made my post a little more clear.

Come on, the Hyper 64 isn't talked about as much as the MVS and AES, so obviously it isn't as popular. Sorry for the mix up guys, I didn't mean to offend. As soon as I get my hands on one of these babies I'll let you know. I won't be buying one anytime soon though, I'll probably get my hands on one sometime around January. Right now all my money is being saved for a Candy Cab order. Hmm... Maybe the Hyper would go nice in one of the candies?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yes, it failed. There are only seven games, and the people here who buy one usually only get to play the four fighting games. It's a great curiosity for collectors and people who love Neo Geo, but obviously a large arcade board that only plays four games with dated graphics isn't for dabblers.

Jae686

Cheng's Errand Boy
Well, i'm seriously considering purchasing one though. (hope to get a rev2 board).
Its a pitty that to have all the hyper 64 games we need 4 diferent boards :\

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
It is a failed system but a must have for any Neo Geo fan. Buriki 1 is I hear the greatest game on it, I personally just bought it to play the 3D version of Samurai Shodown, I was disappointed with the little gore it had but the game play made up for it.

SSS

neo retired
EvilMike said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*playing daraku

PAUSE "uhm..uhm did you know the artist who did Daraku uhm worked on cave's new uhm uhm shooter Ibara? "That's real interesting..." UNPAUSE (20 seconds of gameplay) PAUSE "He, also uhm worked on something else uhm...."

(note: no hard feelings Ed) :make_fac:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
*playing daraku

PAUSE "uhm..uhm did you know the artist who did Daraku uhm worked on cave's new uhm uhm shooter Ibara? "That's real interesting..." UNPAUSE (20 seconds of gameplay) PAUSE "He, also uhm worked on something else uhm...."

(note: no hard feelings Ed) :make_fac:

oh man... that guy?!