My Phantasy Star Universe thoughts

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Update.

Well I'm slightly ticked that Moatoob, the third planet, will not be unlocked until some time in December. The Japanese didn't have Moatoob unlocked for them until a month after their release, I'm assuming the same for NA and EU. Moatoob holds the key to the 4* and up Tenora weapons, which I consider to be the best for melee. Some time after Moatoob is unlock, possibly two weeks to a month, then the expert classes will be unlocked. I thought those'd be available from the get go, but I was wrong.

Character Level = 42
Hunter Class = 10
Force Class = 3
PM Level = 84

So here I sit with the requirement for Fortefighter with no expert class to use; how unfortunate. But this gives me time to sample the force class more and through that I've decided that Wartecher is definitely the way to go for me. Though I won't have access to the S-rank weapons I enjoy, I want that ability to use buffer and debuffer techs and be able to hold my own solo if need be.

So, for December I wait, as I continue to farm for materials and usable items to stock my store. Spending the extra money on lavish room decor and grinding my weapons to the brink of destruction. Both costly endeavors but the grind of farming is fun and probably will continue to be so until all the goodies are obtained.

Play time, 124 hours.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Magician said:
Update.

Well I'm slightly ticked that Moatoob, the third planet, will not be unlocked until some time in December. The Japanese didn't have Moatoob unlocked for them until a month after their release, I'm assuming the same for NA and EU. Moatoob holds the key to the 4* and up Tenora weapons, which I consider to be the best for melee. Some time after Moatoob is unlock, possibly two weeks to a month, then the expert classes will be unlocked. I thought those'd be available from the get go, but I was wrong.

Character Level = 42
Hunter Class = 10
Force Class = 3
PM Level = 84

So here I sit with the requirement for Fortefighter with no expert class to use; how unfortunate. But this gives me time to sample the force class more and through that I've decided that Wartecher is definitely the way to go for me. Though I won't have access to the S-rank weapons I enjoy, I want that ability to use buffer and debuffer techs and be able to hold my own solo if need be.

So, for December I wait, as I continue to farm for materials and usable items to stock my store. Spending the extra money on lavish room decor and grinding my weapons to the brink of destruction. Both costly endeavors but the grind of farming is fun and probably will continue to be so until all the goodies are obtained.

Play time, 124 hours.

Very impressive. Have you played any of the off line then? Does it keep seperate play time for On line and Off line?

I never got around to opening my copy. I ended up returning it thinking that I may pick up a copy next year.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
You've put in a lot more time than I have.

I have a lvl 20 character on the PC, and two level 5's on 360. I haven't spent much time in the 360 version unfortunately. I am going to try and get some levels this week on the PC version, but I definitely won't be hitting the cap before the new content is released.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the repetitive missions, especially on the official forums. I think the game is meant to be played on a more casual basis. A lot of WoW players jumped in with the WoW mentality of "grind as quickly as possible", and it just doesn't work for this game. I play for the community, leveling and gear comes second to me. I never had a lvl 200 character in PSO, and I doubt I'll ever max out in PSU, but I'm having a blast playing with the group I love.

Magician

20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Very impressive. Have you played any of the off line then? Does it keep seperate play time for On line and Off line?

I never got around to opening my copy. I ended up returning it thinking that I may pick up a copy next year.

I only tasted the offline mode, not even completing the first chapter.

I do believe it keeps the time spent seperate since the offline and online characters are saved in different locations. (Offline, HDD or memory card; Online, server)

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Magician said:
I only tasted the offline mode, not even completing the first chapter.

I do believe it keeps the time spent seperate since the offline and online characters are saved in different locations. (Offline, HDD or memory card; Online, server)

Thanks....I forgot that off line and on line were different, so that makes sense. I am sure that I will pick this up next year. (Once I get through all of the holiday games coming out)

Magician

20 Year Member
Got into a nice party yesterday. Must have run Field Overlord A (Dragon) about 30-40 times.

Character Level = 45
Hunter Level = 10
Force Level = 7

Managed to synth my 5* armor; quite happy. Now I'm saving money and waiting for some reasonable priced Onmagoug Auges for the room decor.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Better late than never...

Well, I finally picked this up on Friday (for the PS2) and got around to logging some playtime this weekend. Pretty awesome stuff, leaps and bounds ahead of PSO if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm currently a LVL 13 CAST Hunter, and I've been doing XP runs and synthesizing stuff to eventually get ready for continuous De Regon runs.

Anyway, if any of you knobs are interested in meeting up, I'll probably be online most of today. Send me a PM or something.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
LoL @ some of the teenyboppers playing this. I was looking at joining some online games with random strangers, and saw this written down as a message for a group.

No N00bs.
Die = Boot

:lol: :lol:

For some reason, this made me ROFFLES.

People play this way too seriously. Nobody ever chats in game and goofs around like they did in DC PSO. If people don't loosen up, this game may not last long for me.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
LoL @ some of the teenyboppers playing this. I was looking at joining some online games with random strangers, and saw this written down as a message for a group.

No N00bs.
Die = Boot

People play this way too seriously. Nobody ever chats in game and goofs around like they did in DC PSO. If people don't loosen up, this game may not last long for me.

That's why I don't play in random games. :oh_no:

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
GregN. said:

No N00bs.
Die = Boot

You can usually tell in the first few minutes of a mission if you're with a group that you're going to want to play with. Just watch and see how many people concentrate on combat and how many just sneak off to the item containers; I usually judge from that, and it hasn't let me down yet.

Magician

20 Year Member
Ugh, I had one bad joining yesterday. I jumped into a B rank Plains Overlord run with five other hunters, all of which were gobbling up all the items as they went (item dist set to finders keepers). The moment I break away, all of them with full health, to go smash and grab three boxes...I get the boot from party. I was ticked for half a second, but it just reminded me why I party lead most of the time and let others join my group.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Magician said:
Ugh, I had one bad joining yesterday. I jumped into a B rank Plains Overlord run with five other hunters, all of which were gobbling up all the items as they went (item dist set to finders keepers). The moment I break away, all of them with full health, to go smash and grab three boxes...I get the boot from party. I was ticked for half a second, but it just reminded me why I party lead most of the time and let others join my group.

Agreed. Too many item Ninjas in this game. Too bad not everybody sets it to random.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Magician said:

Agreed. You actually showed me the settings I prefer in groups. A definite nice addition that Sega gave us that ability. It works in so many ways, it isn't even funny. I mean, not only does it share items nicely, but it also solves the issue of managing inventory space when you get too full of items. So item pickups are generally free to just pick up unless absolutely everybody in the party has a full inventory. It's a setting where everybody wins, IMO. I also try to remember to set my item distributions that way.

Magician

20 Year Member
Update

Character Level = 46
Hunter Level = Max
Force Level = 8

Someone bought out my entire stock at my player store for over 40k. I have a feeling that person will resell at double my selling point, so I've decided to lock my shop and make it available to only those on my friends list and pso-world members. Also, my prices are getting a 5% hike, up to 35% of the NPC stores. Don't get me wrong, I like that I made a lot of loot, but I didn't want my stock nuked in the process.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Just pick up PSU today for the PS2.

I'll give it a good run through frist offline.

Afther that i'll look into getting a router and a kb for it.

Still my main problem is paying to play it online.... i need a credit card again :emb:

Magician

20 Year Member
Update

Character Level = 47
Hunter Level = Max
Force Level = Max
Ranger Level = 1

Time spent, 170hrs.

Just started playing ranger last night. The ranger expert classes will definitely be the some of the last ones I raise once they're released, I just don't dig this class much. I'm also still looking for one more onmagoug auge for his room decor synth, it has to be the most difficult drop to get because I almost never see it in the player store.

Magician

20 Year Member
Update

Character Level = 49
Hunter = Max
Force = Max
Ranger = 5

I'm about 7,500xp away from the level cap (Ooooh, OMGWTF! Level 60 Mage! :lolz: ). After that it's back to cruise control as I'll switch back to hunter to work on my twin dagger skill as I wait for the expert classes to be unlocked sometime before December 15th. Nobody is still selling Onmagoug Auges.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Magician said:
Update

Character Level = 49
Hunter = Max
Force = Max
Ranger = 5

I'm about 7,500xp away from the level cap (Ooooh, OMGWTF! Level 60 Mage! :lolz: ). After that it's back to cruise control as I'll switch back to hunter to work on my twin dagger skill as I wait for the expert classes to be unlocked sometime before December 15th. Nobody is still selling Onmagoug Auges.
That's how high you can level in psu huh hmm not bad.

At least they didn't copy the level grinding that pso had.

Man it drove me crazy on that trying to reach a lvl 200 on it.

Magician

20 Year Member
Tron 2.0 said:
That's how high you can level in psu huh hmm not bad.

At least they didn't copy the level grinding that pso had.

Man it drove me crazy on that trying to reach a lvl 200 on it.

Yeah, but its just temporary. In a week and a half ST'll be raising it to 60, and then two weeks to a month later 70. 200 will probably be the max again at some point in time.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Magician said:
Yeah, but its just temporary. In a week and a half ST'll be raising it to 60, and then two weeks to a month later 70. 200 will probably be the max again at some point in time.
But level grinding is part of the fun! I play it very casually and I'm already up to lvl 22.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I like it. I'm also trying to work on it casually, as well. However, my online presence will retake an upshift after a little bit. One of the things, I've been doing the last few days (and tonight), is to finally finish out the Single Player story mode, and get that over with. It's quite decent, but I just don't want to leave that part hanging since I went so far. Only a few more chapters to go, with it.

As for the Ranger, I know you're not too much into that Magician, but let me handle that front. I'll definitely top off whatever the ranger has. Force is decent too, but I basically expect that to be a subclass of sorts, for me. That's mainly because I put way too many hours into Force, across the Phantasy Star Online games. Even my Ethan is a Force, for the Story Mode. I guess I'm just happy to play a combat role I have less than some 100 hours into.

Magician

20 Year Member
Kirk Foiden said:
I like it. I'm also trying to work on it casually, as well. However, my online presence will retake an upshift after a little bit. One of the things, I've been doing the last few days (and tonight), is to finally finish out the Single Player story mode, and get that over with. It's quite decent, but I just don't want to leave that part hanging since I went so far. Only a few more chapters to go, with it.

As for the Ranger, I know you're not too much into that Magician, but let me handle that front. I'll definitely top off whatever the ranger has. Force is decent too, but I basically expect that to be a subclass of sorts, for me. That's mainly because I put way too many hours into Force, across the Phantasy Star Online games. Even my Ethan is a Force, for the Story Mode. I guess I'm just happy to play a combat role I have less than some 100 hours into.

You need to get online today, female humans are having a super lucky day again.

Magician

20 Year Member
Update

Character Level = Max

Hunter Level = Max
Ranger Level = Max
Force Level = Max

Nothing to do now but wait for the update.

Bankrolling meseta for rank A armor and weapons. 2x 7* Handguns, 2x 7* Wands, 8* Line Shield (armor), 2x 8* Twin Daggers...estimated total = 950k. I have a little over 200k bankrolled at the moment. I farm about 7-10k an hour.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm steadly getting bored of this game already. People do the same missions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I was with a group that kept going and played different missions and had more fun (the factorish level was fun and reminded me of the mines of PSO). Too bad grinding the same missions is the norm in this game. :(

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
GregN. said:
I'm steadly getting bored of this game already. People do the same missions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I was with a group that kept going and played different missions and had more fun (the factorish level was fun and reminded me of the mines of PSO). Too bad grinding the same missions is the norm in this game. :(

Yup I am feeling it too. It doesnt seem to have the fun that PSO had to me. In making more like an MMO but not it seems to have lost part of what made it fun.

Plus I am not all that fond of the boards and grinding system in this game.