My Phantasy Star Universe thoughts

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Magician said:
Kirk, the next time we meet up I'll have a keyboard in hand for a little better communication. :D

No problem. The next time we see that Dragon in Parum, it'll be toast. :)

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
just in case some of you didnt know, photon art attacks have more action added to it once then level up to lvl 10 and so on...with rising strike lvl 10, it got a big jumping slash at the end.

my char will remain the same for the full game:

TemJin3000, Cast, going for Figunner

Magician and Kirk, plz add me to your gamertag list when XBL comes back online, ill definetly be on first day, so lets meet up.

im sad that i didnt get to try out the SUV weapon in the beta...hit lvl 19 just as the servers went down last night

edit: nm, just noticed magician said it already.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
TemJin3000 said:
just in case some of you didnt know, photon art attacks have more action added to it once then level up to lvl 10 and so on...with rising strike lvl 10, it got a big jumping slash at the end.

my char will remain the same for the full game:

TemJin3000, Cast, going for Figunner

Magician and Kirk, plz add me to your gamertag list when XBL comes back online, ill definetly be on first day, so lets meet up.

im sad that i didnt get to try out the SUV weapon in the beta...hit lvl 19 just as the servers went down last night

edit: nm, just noticed magician said it already.

Gamertag?

Magician

20 Year Member
Alright, I've decided on which PM I'm going to raise, GH-450.

A PM that specializes in rod and wand use.

GH-450.jpg

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I haven't really research the PM I'm going for. It was more recent that I decided on my complete character makeup for the full. Now that I know I'm mainly hunter support, I know I'll probably go for a melee-suited PM. Of course, I also need to be a bit sure about how well suited a guntecher is for using Resta. If I'm good for it, then I can go crazy and put the PM really heavily on Melee as opposed to making one that's some Melee, some Tech. Even though, I think given the idea of switching roles a bit, I may still go with the ratio of 2/3rd Melee 1/3 tech route.

I'm sure the ratio will change a bit as I raise the character. Too many unknowns, at this point. Particularly with advanced classes.

Magician

20 Year Member
Now for the palette of weapons.

Knuckles (Light)
Knuckles (Dark)
Longbow
Wand/Handgun (Resta, Giresta)
Wand/Handgun (Agtal, Defbal)
Wand/Handgun (Reverser, Defdeal)

...that's general idea at this point anyway.

I'm a buffer/support force, I'll leave the force offensive to the professionals.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I was, but I don't have the demo anymore. I'll probably see you guys on the real one. Not that I lost much time, I will be busy most nights of what's left on this demo, anyway. Particularly Friday and Saturday. This is the last weekend of the festival I'm working with.

EDIT: Nevermind. I totally forgot that 360-old special ability to be able to redownload ANYTHING you already downloaded before. That means, I should still be able to redownload the game from my personal (Downloaded files) Management screen. Still, I may not have the time to connect with you guys, but that's just for that time.

This last weekend, of the festival, is to be a real *blast* sendoff for the year, and I'll be all about supporting that, as well as I will be performing there. I've got new music to memorize and get ready to perform at the "Walk of the Dead". A sort of All Hallows Eve homage.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
I got a USB keyboard, I can cut-chat with ease now.

Woop woop!

Magician

20 Year Member
If I can manage to kick my brother off my X360 I'll be available to party up at 4pm CST. I'm running Unsafe Passage and Fight for Food over and over to build up mission points, FTW. You can have all the meseta, items distributed in order. Send me a message if you wanna meet up. Level 10 Beast Force here.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Just played for a couple of hours, had a party of half Japanese half Americans it was sweet. We fought the HUGE ass boss and got wasted.

The initial wow factor has worn off, but the real release will have a lot more levels and stuff to do. I think it's hard to keep playing the beta knowing that the characters are going to be wiped in a few days. I have like 15 hours on my beta dude now! Way more than I intended. Once you get a good party going on it's REALLY hard to stop playing.

Really looking forward to leveling up my dude and hanging out. I'm going to be online on Saturday from 6pm-Night (Japan time) hopefully I'll see you y'all online! If not I'll catch you on the real release.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'll be picking this up for the PC. Hope to see you PS2/PC guys on there.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
GregN. said:
Just get it for PS2. They'll be more people on it that and PC anyway.

its cross platform online too so it really doesn't matter what system you get it for!

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
ulasamosa said:
its cross platform online too so it really doesn't matter what system you get it for!

It's only cross platform between PS2 and PC. The 360 users can only play with other 360 users in the USA and Japan.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
And Europe. However, all of them are going to have a sizable population. A heck of a lot more people, than any of us, will probably play with.

Considering there were quite a few people on the *neglected console* Dreamcast, I don't think anybody has anything to worry about.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
just a bit of info for the beta:
found out last night that i cant become a Figunner (got my char to Hunter lvl 5; Ranger lvl 3), hence, expert type classes are not available till full game (and then some)

btw, GUARDIANS License is now available, just bought mine earlier. :buttrock:

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
I just noticed that the demo is back online....

The guardians liscense isn't out on the marketplace here... I wonder if I can play online using an import version.. Probably can't. If that's the case then I have to wait until Dec. 14th to play online (but I'll be rockin' the single player before then!!!)

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
I just noticed that the demo is back online....

The guardians liscense isn't out on the marketplace here... I wonder if I can play online using an import version.. Probably can't. If that's the case then I have to wait until Dec. 14th to play online (but I'll be rockin' the single player before then!!!)

I saw it was back up, and I'm downloading it now.

Not sure how long it will be playable, maybe until Sunday? I may not be getting the 360 version, but I'll definitely be trying this one out as much as possible. The full version is in stores Wednesday, so we're really close now. I'm psyched. :buttrock:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I'm not a happy camper. I downloaded the 940 meg file, and it lets me create a character before dropping my connection. Is it down for anyone else?

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Looks like the beta is down and finished. But the download is still available?? weird.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Yeah that kind of bummed me out.

What made it worse was that it connected to the PSU servers inially, then allowed me to make a character before failing. I was thinking everything was working properly and that I might have a day or two to mess around with it before release. Ah well, guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for Wednesday.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
GD said:
I'm not a happy camper. I downloaded the 940 meg file, and it lets me create a character before dropping my connection. Is it down for anyone else?

Yea, we DLed it @ My friends place and we were psyched up and then let down. At least we got to see how to the character creation system works.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Never was a fan of PSO, I preferred 1,2,3 and 4. But I was psyched for this one, guess I'm glad there's no need to invest any time in it unless it gets any better. :(

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
PS2 version

Well... I think I might be waiting until December for the Japanese release of the Xbox360 game (PLEASE tell me if you meet Japanese players online in October or November, I'll go and pick up a copy!)

I found the PS2 version used for 3,000 yen and decided to buy it to play through the one player while I wait out the dreadful month and a half.

Well... After playing the Xbox360 version the PS2 version is UNPLAYABLE. Oh my god. The graphics look SO bad and the gameplay is actually worse. The camera doesn't move as smoothly behind your guy... the attacking isn't as smooth or nice feeling... the space ports just look BAD, way below Final Fantasy XII standards- although that's hard to match.)

I feel the PS2 version just isn't an option at this point. PC or Xbox360 all the way...