Anyone else pick up Mage Knights for DS?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I'm digging it so far. I do hope there is more to it though than "control a majority of flags for 2 turns" though.

thoughts?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I played the table top game years back and thought about picking this up. Although I have heard that it is pretty good, I will probably pass since the left out multi-player.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I played the table top game years back and thought about picking this up. Although I have heard that it is pretty good, I will probably pass since the left out multi-player.

Yeah, multiplayer is never a concern for me....none of my friends play games or live in the same zip code.

The A.I. is pretty slick though.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Where'd you get it, PJ? I checked online and EB isn't even carrying it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
jro said:
Where'd you get it, PJ? I checked online and EB isn't even carrying it.

bah. I've SOOOO given up on those stores. Seriously....just....ugh. Full-on boycott at the chad household.

I picked it up at Fry's. They had like 4 or 5 copies.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
bah. I've SOOOO given up on those stores. Seriously....just....ugh. Full-on boycott at the chad household.

I picked it up at Fry's. They had like 4 or 5 copies.
*me plans to steal a Fry's and relocate it here in Colorado.*

:envy:

I seriously wish that chain operated here. Always having what you want, and usually for awesome low prices... again, :envy:

I'll probably order it online sooner or later. Looks pretty interesting, and I'm not exactly holding out hope that I'll see it in a brick and mortar.

Thanks for the heads-up, BTW. :buttrock:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
jro said:
*me plans to steal a Fry's and relocate it here in Colorado.*

whereabouts you be in Colorado? I am considering relocating as close to Boulder as humanly possible as I love it there.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
whereabouts you be in Colorado? I am considering relocating as close to Boulder as humanly possible as I love it there.
I live about 20 miles due east of Boulder. I'm in Longmont a lot, though, and my dad works in Boulder (he lives in Thornton, though), so I'm not a stranger to the city, really.

Nice place, interesting folks.

I lived in Fort Collins for a long time, so I got used to one Colorado college town, then I moved for work.

Boulder's a real expensive place to live, though, and the trickle down is spreading all the way through Longmont at this point. Housing's still not too bad where I live, though.

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Can anybody explain the gameplay? I almost bought this tonight but decided against it as I wanted an opinion on how it plays.

THx

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Judge Sped said:
Can anybody explain the gameplay? I almost bought this tonight but decided against it as I wanted an opinion on how it plays.

THx

typical turn-based strategy...story, etc....all semi-typical. But you actually throw dice with the stylus which is VERY fun for some reason. I'm only about 5 missions in....hoping they get some more variety.

Bascially every mission I've played so far has been "capture the flag"

its fun though

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
typical turn-based strategy...story, etc....all semi-typical. But you actually throw dice with the stylus which is VERY fun for some reason. I'm only about 5 missions in....hoping they get some more variety.

Bascially every mission I've played so far has been "capture the flag"

its fun though

This is exactly why I asked for an opinion here. I looked around on the net and it got an average of 5-6 out of 10.

I personally love turn based strategy. But north america does not on the whole and im sure the ratings being given reflect that as the internet gaming sites are hot pots for frontrunning hype pushers.

Thx for getting back to me.

Chris