how do I load GNG on my 1.5 psp ? etc

barf

Maxima's Barber
Hehehe :)

BTW while in the 2.71 firmware XMB, if you choose ISO mode, you can change the mounted iso pressing HOME+L or R (it will cycle through all those in your ISO directory).

Anyway, whatever the mode you have chosen, while in the 2.71 XMB press HOME+SELECT to change your PSP CPUs Speed.

Being in 333 -333/333/166- will be the fastest but drain faster the battery, use that with games that have an inconsistent framerate or some occasional framerate drops (wipeout is a blast in 333).

And yes UMDs work the same as ISOs in the 2.71 firmware, same way to launch them.

I have not found how to change from UMD mode to ISO mode... only how to cycle through ISOs, to change mode i go back to the 1.5 then relaunch devhook... a small hassle considering what the program enables to do :)

edit:
if you want to launch your homebrews from within the devhook 2.71 firmware:
http://dl.qj.net/Homebrew-Enabler-version-for-Devhook-PSP/pg/12/fid/10330/catid/114

Edit2:
don t forget to compress your ISOs in CSO format using that for example:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/583

devhook will treat them exactly like ISO files, decompress them in real time during loadings at a minimal cost (it s still faster than UMD read) and you can save quite a lot of space on the MS (usualy i have a compression ratio of about 60-70% at level 9)

Edit 3:
If you like emulators, the authors of CPS2 emulator put on their site the beta 3 for their CPS1 emulator:
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Last I heard you couldn't downgrade the firmware. Are you still able to do that? What about on a 2.80?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
2.80 and 2.81 you're screwed for the moment i think.

I downgraded my 2.71 to a 1.5, and i can switch it between the two now. lol

awesome etc.

got gng working now which works on a 2.71 fw

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Well shit. I had my original set at 2.5 firmware but the screen just stopped coming on for... well, no apparent reason. Sent it in to Sony and voila, I get back another unit with 2.80 on it. Damn...

BIG

sony fanboy
kernow said:
cool, i might have to get those rom dumps off you duder.

thanks for your help, i now have a couple isos running off the stick.. I'm still not sure how to load gng off the umd as i dont want to use the iso of it. no point if i own it..

I was getting confused because sometimes it'd just dump me to the xmb menu again :emb:

but I am correct in saying it'll boot my gng umd too right? I guess so.. lets try it kekeke

Booting from UMD:

1. At the devhook menu,choose UMD select.
2. Select 'UMD Disc'.
3. Next,go to 'UMD MOUNT' and choose 'UMD Disc'
4. Under 'UMD VERSION' select '2.xx->2.00'.
5. Choose '2.71' under 'FIRMWARE'.
6. Go to 'BOOT SELECT' and choose 'reboot XMB'.
7. Hit 'START'.

That should do the trick.

B-

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yeah i worked it out eventually.. pretty sweet tool, i love how you can switch isos on the fly :kekeke:

thanks for all the help everyone, I put sf2 ww cps1 on and did guiles invisible throw on ken first try, haha, then couldnt do it again.. \\o

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Did you get the NG and CPS2 emulators working?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have about 5 roms for the MVS , all work, some I try dont.

1 rom for cps1 (sf2 ww)

none that work so far for cps2

:(

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
I have about 5 roms for the MVS , all work, some I try dont.

1 rom for cps1 (sf2 ww)

none that work so far for cps2

:(

Some of the mvs use the cache file.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
i see the cache dir but dont know the name or the contents of the file to be created

ps: I need another memcard :emb: